[Poll] How long were you here, with Don't Starve?

How long were you here?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start playing Don't Starve (/Together)?

• I played the original Alpha (not many people did)
    • I joined in during Early-Access Beta, back in 2012
    • I started playing before Insanity was introduced
    • I joined in somewhere before "The end of the beginning" update, caves didn't exist yet.
    • I started playing somewhere near "Strange New Powers" update, when caves were already introduced and somewhat developed.
    • I came somewhere between the ruins update and "All's Well That Maxwell" update, when RoG didn't exist yet.
    • I came some time after the RoG DLC was introduced.
    • I joined in somewhere around the DST Beta, Shipwrecked wasn't a thing yet.
    • I joined after the Shipwrecked was announced, during Early Access of DST.
    • I started playing when Shipwrecked was released, although still before the official launch of DST.
    • I came when DST was already outside Beta.
    • I started playing during the "A New Reign" development.
    • I joined after "A New Reign" was officially released.
    • I started to play during The Forge event.
    • I came after The Forge concluded.
    • I started playing during The Gorge event.
    • I came when The Gorge was concluded.
    • I have joined in during the "dead" period of the game, between The Gorge and any kind of new content.
    • I started playing during The Forge v2.0.
    • I joined in between The Forge v2.0 and "Return of Them" update series.
  2. 2. When did you join the Klei forums?

3. 3. What was the reason you joined Klei Forums?

• I stumbled across it when visiting the Klei main website.
    • I was invited by a friend to join the discussion.
    • I wanted to report bugs during one of the development phases.
    • I joined in due to some interesting discussion.
    • Other (comment?)
  4. 4. How did you find out about Don't Starve (Together)?

• Research in the internet.
    • I own another game from Klei and I was just interested in trying DS(T) out.
    • I had it in my recomendations in my gaming platform.
    • Via friend.
    • Other (comment?)
  5. 5. Out of curiosity, have you completed adventure mode (in a clean way, without cheating)?

• Yes, I did within a few attempts. (you sure you didn't cheat?)
    • Yeah, although it took me a ridiculous amount of attempts.
    • No, but I came quite close.
    • No, never came past 1st/2nd world.
    • I have heard of it, but I never tried.
    • No, I have never even heard of it.
    • To be honest, I did... but I cheated.

Truth be told, I started playing DS because i wanted to try a new survival game out. Of all the types of games I like survival games the best and Don't Starve seemed to be more uncompromising and more challenging than the rest of the titles at the time. Plus it could actually run on my beaten down Dell Inspiron 15.

I soon fell in love with the game, and though i survived by heavy usage of the console because the game is that unforgiving to me  - even now that i've experience XD - it was a game i planned on following.

Then I started getting gud without the console using Wendy. Then i rushed Adventure Mode with Wigfrid and succeeded, tho that honestly counts as easy mode to me XD Wigfrid is so powerful in Adventure Mode.

I made a Klei account 2015 then but only managed to find my way into the forums because up until that point I felt i had little to give. Then i decided to belt out my story of Frogs and Dragonflies, got used to the forum culture and immersed myself in it, and started contributing. And now here i am, proud creator of tierlists and manure-level polls XD

I started my adventure with Don't starve with a pirated version of the 1st winter update to check out of i like the game. I bought the game within 3-4 days because the updates looked soo good. To this day i buy every DLC to DS that gets released. 

I joined the forums to report a Hamlet bug, but i used to visit here since RoG beta how the community reacts on everything. I got DST because it was free for everyone who bought DS before DST was released. 

I have completed adventure mode twice (one with Willow and one with Wormwood). I only failed once due to frog rain. 

Hopelessly listless with playing games on Roblox, I wanted to look for something new to play multiplayer with my sister. Saw Don't Starve Together was on sale, but as there was not very many easily-accessible multiplayer games on-sale as well, I decided to take a closer look at this weird Minecraft clone and the rest was history. I wonder if playing Apocalypse Rising 'till my eyes bled out, a survival game on Roblox now unfortunately plagued with exploiters, ever did foreshadow anything. Hmm.

I also believe the sale in question was to celebrate the end of early-access, so poof went my chances of ever getting the bottomless firepit, unbeknownst to me at the time. Could've jumped in sooner if the artstyle wasn't so seemingly grotesque at the time. A friend had recommended it to me long before, but the bizarre character designs just did not resonate with me well.

An acquired taste, as it seems.

I originally joined the forums as someone who thought multiplayer would be a great addition to the game (around early access I believe). Of course at the time the forums and general consensus was very anti-multiplayer. I stuck a around a bit to suggest a few things and then vanished until Shipwrecked and Together came out. 

I ended up revisiting the forums and got hooked on a long-running Shipwrecked roleplay. When that inevitably died I stuck to hanging around the off-topic. After I stopped being involved with the circles that used to be prominent in there I became more active on the normal DST forums.

I've never attempted Adventure Mode. Never been interested, as I already know what the "ending" is like, and that would be my prime reason for doing so.

Nowadays I keep in touch here being mostly interested in the ever evolving lore and the story that's unfolding.

A YouTuber named Volx used to do these base DS and RoG gameplay videos when he first got into the game many, many years ago. The art style and gameplay immediately hooked me and I began watching other DS videos. With Xmas money to spend, I decided to pick up the game and start playing it. 10/10 great purchase would do again.

I had no idea the Klei Forums existed until I found the link to it on a friend's wiki page. Yes, the Don't Starve wiki. Made an account and immediately began posting cringeworthy stuff that I still am disappointed in myself about to this day.

I bought Don't Starve when RoG was still in its early beta. I stopped playing around the time when DTS was in early beta and I just got back into the series pretty recently. 

I also only found out about these forums like a month ago lol. 

I got Don’t Starve when it was free for PlayStation Plus users when it released and I was like “Hey, this game is neat but I don’t know how to do anything.” And I stopped playing after I unlocked Wolfgang. For some reason I still got the Mega Pack since it was discounted for owners of the original don’t starve, thus resulting me in getting the DLCs and Don’t Starve Together. I also played that for a while but like in original DS, I didn’t know what I was doing and gave up. I started playing DST again around the time of the Winona re-work and decided that I am now interested in the game. I watched a video or 2 and finally got gud. I also decided to join the Klei forums a few months later because I figured talking with other fans of the game would be fun. And now we are here, where I’m discussing my Don’t Starve origin story! 

I started playing DST in early 2017, I was given it for free by a friend. I *think* this is post-ANR, but at least a year before the Forge.

I think I joined the forums in late 2017, however I only posted once or twice, ever. I officially started becoming active earlier this year.

I haven't completed adventure mode for the sole reason that my potato-quality PC drops to literally 1-5 FPS during Adventure mode, making it impossible.

1- im not sure when exacly. but i remember there was no cave

2- i read the forum in 2013 but make a acc in 2014

3- download some mods (wasn't buy the game yet)

4- one of my friends keep telling me to try the game. and i rly didnt want to. glad i listen to him :D

5- i was playing sand box for a long time. it wasnt very hard for me.

I joined the Klei forums to beg for modding help then I could add my own anime OC into DST and I found out about DS on YouTube while watching a Minecraft lets player do a video about it.

I heard about this game when it was released on Chromium and was always up to date with news. I bought the game when caves were out and bought RoG, SW and Hamlet in early access (somehow Klei did not want me to check closed beta). I got DST for free because I owned DS. I joined the forum few years ago, but created new account few months ago and now I am a member of Don't Starve subforum.

11 hours ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

wonder if playing Apocalypse Rising 'till my eyes bled out, a survival game on Roblox now unfortunately plagued with exploiters, ever did foreshadow anything. Hmm.

hey, OG R2D is the best roblox game ever made :cool2:

I pirated the Early accsess or alpha not sure it was before sanity mechanics for sure to try and see if this game is good. Didnt enjoy it that much but i liked the asthetics and style of it so i waited it out. I remember that spiders were my main foe and that i was horrified to fight them :D. Recipes worked by using research points to unlock them and to get those point you would need to put items in the machine to destory for them. I was spaming grass thufts for 5 pts each.

I first heard of don't Starve in 2012/2013 but... I didn't own it legally at the time, a friend of mine handed it to me and thought it was legal(now I own legally both games and two dlcs). I have been here(not in the forums) since almost the beginning but not quite... Also the forum scared me for some reason

minespatch

Visited by the Title Fairyonibeta_sm.png
  • Will probably draw it
  • minespatch
  •  
  • 15,527 posts

I got into the game due to my buddy @toki-wartoothxx showing me pages of @Miss's Bloodeagles comics. I was alone a lot at the time and my father in the hospital that I kept reading each page of that comic daily until it became routine. Then I kept reading @Raven Crow's comic which got me into the William Carter puzzles. Those comics and the origin trailer I watched daily in February 2016 made me wonder what kind of world Wilson landed into. It was a really long time until I got the games(Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, DST). I really thank my friend for getting me into the game lore before I could even get the game.
It was three or so months later that I made a art thread to get my thoughts out and met people who enjoyed what I made. Little audience but I was glad people  could understand what I was drawing. Big thanks to my comic company group Strange Squad for giving me the income of my conceptual art to them that I got the money for the games in the first place.
Always hyped for more lore so I can understand... THEM.

Archived