Any unknown mechanic to share?

Kitcoons will hide behind even the Cawnival and Year of Beefalo dolls when you want to play hide and seek- So you can literally build a full Cawnival and then spend hours NOT being able to find all of your hiding Kitcoons.

Its pretty nifty if you have an Overly cluttered area- it gives the Kitcoons an actual chance NOT to be found so they can beat you at the Hide & Seek game.

While it’s not the survival content I bought and enjoy the franchise for- Little baby Catcoons hiding behind all the stuff I have laying all over my base is too adorable to say No to. :wilson_love:
Edit- Also it appears you can now use Carnival Tickets as a Campfire fuel source.

(not sure if this has always been a thing.. I honestly never tried.)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think im missing some forbidden knowledge, can woodie detect worms in an unique way?

Yes, he can examine the glow plant, which has two different quotes for the plant and the glow lure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bringing this back.

The new Monkey huts can be used as shelter in a quick pinch! 
image.thumb.png.1b0ecacfc1628513ff83f2ed7af90aa0.png

Additionally, thanks to Wonkeys fast running speed, they can make larger jumps to/from land/boats since jump distance is based on speed!
This has some fun niche uses like making a Wonkey only zone, ehehe.

EDIT: Apologies, I lied and was made a fool of.
I was... 40% correct. 
The Wonkey/WX exclusive zone doesn't work like how I described, however you can still cross larger gaps using Canes/Magi amulets. It's just a linear 3 set values. 

image.thumb.png.328d02c7dc91f904a78769d1b6f7dd7e.png

Also for us Willow mains, you can light cannons on fire to shoot cannon balls out of them! 

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 5
  • Sanity 2
  • GL Happy 1

30 minutes ago, -Variant said:

This has some fun niche uses like making a Wonkey only zone, ehehe.

It is such a funny coincidence that the only two characters who would be able to access the wonkey zone without extra effort are either a similar color or similar shape to wonkey. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

17 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It is such a funny coincidence that the only two characters who would be able to access the wonkey zone without extra effort are either a similar color or similar shape to wonkey. 

I got confused and mixed up some tech, I went ahead and edited my post. May the Wonkey/WX elusive party live on in our hearts.

2 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

Don't know if this was mentioned (probably was but I'm not willing to read 800+ comments) but the checkered flooring when planted on a turf tile has a very... peculiar ambiance attached to it.

I honestly never noticed any change in ambience with these non natural kind of turfs

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you dont want to shot a cannon if the ball will cross throw your boat structures

Haven't really tried can it damage structures if you aim behind them? (The dot where cannonball hits is way past the structures)

Asking cause the cannon sort of shoots at an arc.

22 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Haven't really tried can it damage structures if you aim behind them? (The dot where cannonball hits is way past the structures)

Asking cause the cannon sort of shoots at an arc.

i didnt test them that much but i saw them breaking chests in their way

This is not exactly an unknown mechanic but… Grass Boats work exceptionally well for a few things-

1: Temporary Boat bridges that decay on their own after use, they’re even intentionally a bit smaller to fit in even smaller streams!

2: They surprisingly work extraordinarily well against Cookie Cutters because they will climb aboard and attempt to carve holes but once they do that they return to the water satisfied and feed, but what makes this so great is that instead of wasting boat patches to repair leaks, you can simply apply more grass to the boat to fix it up. Or if all else fails quickly deploy a second grass raft to get away.

3: A grass boat with as little as a kelp bumper or two in opposite directions of one another and you paddling with a driftwood oar can fully be used as sort of a “Battering Ram” to smash into Sea stacks and rid your worlds of them. Again any repairs needed can just be done with grass.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, Owlrust said:

Build a campfire next to a puddle / ice rock to delete it entirely

Does anybody know another method? This one doesn't seem to work, the ice melts, the puddle goes away but they always come back on the same spot after a while. I'm having to resort to dropping things on top of where the puddle was but littering is just a temporary measure as the puddle/ice formations ALWAYS grows back if there's nothing blocking it. I'm losing my mind.

Edited by Kur0u

4 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

Does anybody know another method? This one doesn't seem to work, the ice melts, the puddle goes away but they always come back on the same spot after a while. I'm having to resort to dropping things on top of where the puddle was but littering is just a temporary measure as the puddle/ice formations ALWAYS grows back if there's nothing blocking it. I'm losing my mind.

if the paddle comes because pengulls spawned, you wont be able to destroy it until spring.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:36 PM, KeshS said:

Woodie isn't the only one that can detect Depths Worms underground. WX also can detect with Jimmy if you didn't scan the depth worm earlier.

Don't know if you're speaking only about character specific or not, however anyone can detect worms with just torch. Attempting to set fire on a plant will succeed, if its worm however you won't get the prompt to Light it up

On 4/29/2022 at 11:34 PM, prettynuggets said:

i just found out u can fill the watering can in vitreoasis at lunar grotto biome .. my base sinkhole near lunar grotto and filling watering can in winter now can be easier 
if only we can stop shadow and gesalt war .. i really wish to be able to make base again in that biome 

If you didnt know already all types of ponds in cave do not freeze in winter so cave can be the source for watercan 

• Thanks 1