Any unknown mechanic to share?

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Oh, cool. Does this not work on players too?

Do you know the warmth comparison of the geysers? Is it like a weak fireplace? How hot can it make your thermal, and how fast?

Bath bombed hot springs have 90 "heat". if you can add a bath bomb to the hot spring, then it's 45. It should work on players. The springs are twice as large as the scaled furnace. For the rest of info, I'll link this nice post from Friendly Grass:

I'm a bit lazy "^ ^

Edited by jan Mele
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Oh, cool. Does this not work on players too?

Do you know the warmth comparison of the geysers? Is it like a weak fireplace? How hot can it make your thermal, and how fast?

Yeah, it work on player too, it's like a weak fireplace as you said, i don't know the exact temperature because i'm playing on ps4

于 2022 年 2 月 12 日上午 9:23,Hornete 说道:

砍一棵常青树(不管多少次,一次就行)会“激怒”附近的任何蘑菇侏儒,他们会开始进行孢子攻击。

这是因为他们被认为是“”“”“树卫”“”“

On the contrary, planting trees will also try to calm the anger of all nearby guards.

于 2022 年 3 月 21 日上午 5:53 说道:

你可以把海带喂给蝴蝶吃...

但它会杀死他们。 wtf游戏

Specially tested, they can eat all the food.They ( and bees) normally get special effects of food, including jelly beans.

• Like 1

Credit to Viktor, apparently you can make an ultra-cheap bee queen tentacle trap blocker by using dropped items like twigs instead of walls.

Tentacles have a range of one tile, so you can drop a circle lattice of twigs in a 2x2 space near BQ. You need to use geometric drop mod with 1/4 spacing, and drop twigs spaced 1 distance apart.

I think I used like 30 twigs for the entire tentacle spam, and I had to not hit any walls. I spammed 5 books (3 books results in BQ winning if you want to farm around 6 spots and 6 spikes).

Again, credit to Viktor who showed me this and is no longer active on forums.

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 6

You can farm moon stones and pig skins/ pig meat at the moon altar event if you pluck a star caller staff and then take it out repeatedly.

Just make sure you have good fossil or statue walls, and make sure you don't leave the star caller too much time inside the altar, as it will get stuck and will completely convert to a moon caller.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

You can farm moon stones and pig skins/ pig meat at the moon altar event if you pluck a star caller staff and then take it out repeatedly.

Just make sure you have good fossil or statue walls, and make sure you don't leave the star caller too much time inside the altar, as it will get stuck and will completely convert to a moon caller.

I have heard that you can use slurtle slimes/gunpowder to blow up the altar if you forget to pick the star caller staff before it's stuck in there too.

This tactic is also quite powerful if you turn night only and activate the moon storm event. Infinite moonlight so you can repeat this to your heart's content.

Edited by Spino43
  • Like 7

击败天体英雄后,如果玩家立刻离开场景,对月相变化的判定不能正常进行

玩家一直不离开场景或者重新进入场景后才会正常继续

如果一直维持,会保持每天都是月圆,但在重新加载世界后,每天都是暗夜

• Like 1

It's not that unknown, but food on the ground spoils faster.

This also applies to oversized crops, which spoil faster on ground, than on the back of the player.

Something that is less known, is that you can drop any item that you can carry on your back into the ocean, using the Pinchin' Winch.

While this does not prevent the spoilage of oversized crops, it does prevent them from spoiling faster from the extra spoilage rate of being left on the ground, so storing giant crops under water makes them last longer, by a good amount.

• Like 14

23 minutes ago, BOT Tuja said:

While this does not prevent the spoilage of oversized crops, it does prevent them from spoiling faster from the extra spoilage rate of being left on the ground, so storing giant crops under water makes them last longer, by a good amount.

Doesn't that make them wet and by extension make them spoil faster? Or is it not implemented?

On 4/18/2022 at 3:09 AM, loopuleasa said:

Everytime I tried this, it works and sometines doesn't.

Do you have to wait certain amount of time before plug and unplug the star caller staff ?

5 hours ago, Mx-Pain said:

Everytime I tried this, it works and sometines doesn't.

Do you have to wait certain amount of time before plug and unplug the star caller staff ?

Wait until the hounds/werepigs transform into moonrock statues/transform back into their organic forms to unplug/plug it back in.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

i just found out u can fill the watering can in vitreoasis at lunar grotto biome .. my base sinkhole near lunar grotto and filling watering can in winter now can be easier 
if only we can stop shadow and gesalt war .. i really wish to be able to make base again in that biome 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

i just found out u can fill the watering can in vitreoasis at lunar grotto biome .. my base sinkhole near lunar grotto and filling watering can in winter now can be easier 
if only we can stop shadow and gesalt war .. i really wish to be able to make base again in that biome 

You can also use a hot spring, if you decide to settle on the moon island. They don't freeze in winter too.

As for the fights, I don't think they can be stopped, but you can wear a bone helmet to gain immunity to both of them?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lokena said:

You can also use a hot spring, if you decide to settle on the moon island. They don't freeze in winter too.

As for the fights, I don't think they can be stopped, but you can wear a bone helmet to gain immunity to both of them?

yeah i know using bonehelm can avoid but it just messy especially those creature block when u want place things .. 
using bonehelm all the time is not comfortable to look at either .. the filter ...

1 hour ago, prettynuggets said:

yeah i know using bonehelm can avoid but it just messy especially those creature block when u want place things .. 
using bonehelm all the time is not comfortable to look at either .. the filter ...

you can use this client mod to save your eyes btw

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229018711

Shadow (and nightmare) creatures can get attacked by Eye of Cthulhu (and The Twins), what is more interesting is that shadow creatures attacked by these bosses will fight back completly ignoring player. That is the only other time, to my knowledge, where shadow creatures can fight other mobs (the first one being when a mob destroys a pseudoscience station and it spawns a nightmare creature, then it will attack once that mob and then go for the player (also lunar grotto war happens but emmm that is not that interesting)).

Edited by Nogard78
lunar grotto
  • Like 3

On 4/30/2022 at 12:20 AM, prettynuggets said:

inside the grotto you dont get the insanity filter while being insane or using the helm if that works for you