Any unknown mechanic to share?

Bramble husk and electric circuits aren't the only things with a "revenge" effect. Chilled amulet freezes attackers (each hit you take acts like one ice staff shot) at the cost of 3% of durability. It also doesn't seem to have AoE. It's hard to find any practical use for that. Also no idea how it interacts with electric circuits.

Bee queen chilled amulet strats anyone, lol? 

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Bramble husk and electric circuits aren't the only things with a "revenge" effect. Chilled amulet freezes attackers (each hit you take acts like one ice staff shot) at the cost of 3% of durability. It also doesn't seem to have AoE. It's hard to find any practical use for that. Also no idea how it interacts with electric circuits.

Bee queen chilled amulet strats anyone, lol? 

Scale armor burns attackers as well. It's actually pretty good at causing grumbles to panic.

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

All the feather adverts for floats were removed in the Craft UI QoL update in favor of the tackle receptackle unlocking all these floats right away.

However, there is still technically one way to get one of the feather adverts, that being the Crow one.

image.png.89c69bc80fed7616047c733890ea2546.png

The 'Ocean Debris' object that you can find in the ocean by fishing it up has a very small chance to give the crow float advert when picked.

• Like 15

Did you know:
Hound AI has 2 different types of behavior?
Hounds that are spawned from something (Vargs/Mactusk/varglets) will prioritize food before they prioritize combat, and are typically passive towards walls, while hounds from houndwaves will prioritize combat before they prioritize food
Pigs will prioritize targeting a hostile mob/entity, which includes monster characters, as well as clothing that depicts you as a monster character (Merm mask, and spider hats)
Statues can be used to make walls that cannot take damage, but can be trampled over

• Like 7

Reminder you can get a rook to scan (Wx-78) on the over world on a full moon. Place the suspicious rook piece on the rook statue and mine it once the full moon starts.

No need to restart a world if you didn't find one on the over world and don't want to ruins rush.

Rooks are also great for other characters if they don't want to deal with Bearger for cutting down rows of trees.

You can also spawn a bishop, teleport it to four player skeletons in a tight circle, and have a poor man's shootious (for pigs and bunnymen behind gates).

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2

You can feed pig skin, buunyman puffs and slurper pelts to eye mask/shield of terror. They restore only ~18% of durability so only half of what monster meat restores, so that is kind of not worth doing, but these items do not spoil, so who knows maybe it has some uses. And no, sadly you cannot feed uncoocked birchnuts to eyemask/shield, even though pigs can eat these items, or I think they can.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

You can feed pig skin, buunyman puffs and slurper pelts to eye mask/shield of terror. They restore only ~18% of durability so only half of what monster meat restores, so that is kind of not worth doing, but these items do not spoil, so who knows maybe it has some uses. And no, sadly you cannot feed uncoocked birchnuts to eyemask/shield, even though pigs can eat these items, or I think they can.

a worthy use for the hundreds of slurper pelts that stock pile

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a worthy use for the hundreds of slurper pelts that stock pile

Wow, yes. I have stupid amounts of sluper pelts that do absolutely nothing and are used for absolutely nothing. I'd like a new craft with them more than anything but this gives them at least some use. 

• Like 2

I reported this as a bug but I want to warn everyone attempting to change placement of fig vines from their trees by burning them and bumping into the trunk- do not use a fire staff to do it. For some reason, vines burnt down with the staff don't grow back, to the point that if you burn one vine with a torch and two with the staff, only one will grow back.

Edited by BezKa

3 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I reported this as a bug but I want to warn everyone attempting to change placement of fig vines from their trees by burning them and bumping into the trunk- do not use a fire staff to do it. For some reason, vines burnt down with the staff don't grow back, to the point that if you burn one vine with a torch and two with the staff, only one will grow back.

holdup you can change vine placement?

Edited by reallychina
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, reallychina said:

holdup you can change vine placement?

yes, if all vines from the tree have been destroyed, you can bump the trunk and 3 new ones should appear in random positions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Can I like, just burn one vine and bump my own above average tree to have a new one ?

Or should I burn the three ? Or is it only for the natural trees in the waterlogged biome ?

7 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

And just to be sure it works on player grown Above Average trees?

42 minutes ago, BezKa said:

1. You have to burn down all vines the tree spawned.

2. It does work on player grown trees.

3. Clarification- it's not the firestaff's fault after all. That's what I thought was causing it because that's the common link in my world, but after experimenting on a different one I'm getting mixed results no matter the tool i use. Sorry for confusion, I still don't know why all three vines won't grow back for me.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

ticcoons usually dont drop anything but if you set them on fire they drop cooked meat

unknown-6.thumb.png.f79e4f327bf55a939c7b34edd476a6b4.png

I totally didn't steal this, it's 100% original.

Spoiler

Discovered by Guille

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Sad 2
  • Sad Dupe 1