Any unknown mechanic to share?

15 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

But they don't have the same degregation rate as bulbs or spores right?

Not sure if intentional or not, but after some testing it seems they do have decreased hunger in them, making them far more ideal for longer term lighting than lightbulbs as you can feed them, and anything they eat instantly restores them entirely!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, -Variant said:

Not sure if intentional or not, but after some testing it seems they do have decreased hunger in them, making them far more ideal for longer term lighting than lightbulbs as you can feed them, and anything they eat instantly restores them entirely!

How long do they typically last between feedings?

7 hours ago, Owlrust said:

How long do they typically last between feedings?

I've done an experiment with everything you can put in a lamp, and here's the result:

Lightbug - lasts 8 days, leaves fresh light bulb when dies, so it's 33 days total if not fed.

Crustashine - lasts 20 days before dies. Quite a lot if you ask me, you can just feed them at the last day of the season and this way never forget.

Light bulb - lasts 25 days.

Glow berry and lesser glow berry - both lasts 44 days.

Mushroom spore - lasts 60 days.

Edited by Lokena
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, Lokena said:

Snip

And if you put in an Enlightened Crown Shard along with Light Bugs or Crustashines? So you can keep them alive without feeding, and have Light Bugs orbiting the lamp

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BezKa said:

And if you put in an Enlightened Crown Shard along with Light Bugs or Crustashines?

Hah. I didn't know about it, and surprisingly, it really works! But the thing is, even one shard of the crown already gives the maximum radius of light. If you have shards, you don't need to add anything else to the rest of the slots. It doesn't even work like using them as white light for some color combinations. So they do indeed stay alive, but there is no benefit in it, unless you want to use the lamp as a temporary storage for them for some reason. And no, other lightbugs won't be circling around, I checked. It would be cool though.

Edited by Lokena
  • Sad Dupe 1

The good news, though, is that it works on mushroom spores too. That is, you don't need to individually wrap each spore in crown shards so that they all stay alive. You just need to have one shard in the lamp and the other three slots can be filled with bare spores. This significantly reduces the cost of creating colored light, and this is actually useful and practical information that I didn't know about. So thanks for making me check it out.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:32 AM, -Variant said:

mm good to know thank you for testing that!
Something new to add into the mythbusters series! lol

On 9/7/2022 at 10:57 AM, Lokena said:

I've done an experiment with everything you can put in a lamp, and here's the result:

Lightbug - lasts 8 days, leaves fresh light bulb when dies, so it's 33 days total if not fed.

Crustashine - lasts 20 days before dies. Quite a lot if you ask me, you can just feed them at the last day of the season and this way never forget.

Good to have these actual day counts too.
each sound about right since its a 4x spoilage decrease.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

As of the most recent update, Monkeys hide during earthquakes!
This is a bit costly but you can force them all into hiding if you were to force an earthquake with gunpowder! A clear path for exploring is always a welcome path.

Do the shadow ones hide?

About selfish pig:

When both pigs and rabbits in your screen.

If you attack the pigs, the rabbits would also hate you

But if you attack the rabbits, pigs doesn't react anything. 

About Wormwood:

Because he can't get healing from food, he can't get hurt from food, either. 

Since he can easily get sanity by planting, Wormwood can directly eat monster meat without cook.Red mushroom is the same with carrots for him. 

He is the second guy likes eating monster meat(Webber the first, Wanda the third).

Edited by july401
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, july401 said:

He is the second guy likes eating monster meat(Webber the first, Wanda the third).

I'd say Wigfrid likes eating monster meat a lot more than Wanda since she can easily undo all its negative effects the same way she gets it in the first place.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, Lokena said:

What do they eat?