Any unknown mechanic to share?

21 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I'd say Wigfrid likes eating monster meat a lot more than Wanda since she can easily undo all its negative effects the same way she gets it in the first place.

I'd say Wanda likes it more, as the only negative effect is health, because you want to stay insane to keep nightmare fuel for your alarming clock, and besides you already have a net gain of years with just 1 watch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

I'd say Wanda likes it more, as the only negative effect is health, because you want to stay insane to keep nightmare fuel for your alarming clock, and besides you already have a net gain of years with just 1 watch.

If you want to constantly waste time as Wanda why don't you as everyone else? Everyone uses a ton of nmf on dark swords, magi, and various other things like most things from the ruins.

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If you want to constantly waste time as Wanda why don't you as everyone else? Everyone uses a ton of nmf on dark swords, magi, and various other things like most things from the ruins.

Farming nm fuel with Wanda is pretty easy to keep up with to where I stay on a pretty consistent diet of blue mushrooms for most of the first year.

idk about monster meat though.  Its not hard to out heal a mm or two but I only use 2 age clocks and run around elder form most times so I don't bomb my health with food when a green cap or blue cap will do just fine.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Suppose that eating a monster meat cost 20 ages, Wanda could quickly use the age clock to stop the age fading. So in the end, it cost only 5~6 ages.

So the monster meat:

1. Solved Wanda's hunger.
  2. Low down Wanda's sanity.
  3. Cost little health(age) than normal roles.

All three benefits her a lot at the beginning, especially there doesn't exist a base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, july401 said:

Suppose that eating a monster meat cost 20 ages, Wanda could quickly use the age clock to stop the age fading. So in the end, it cost only 5~6 ages.

So the monster meat:

1. Solved Wanda's hunger.
  2. Low down Wanda's sanity.
  3. Cost little health(age) than normal roles.

All three benefits her a lot at the beginning, especially there doesn't exist a base. 

I am aware of what eating monster meat does and how Wanda's age works.

• Potato Cup 1

Might be late to the party, but the new wicker bee book is quite useful in one fight: Crab King, and you can use Tempering Temperatures book to unfreeze the bees after the ice attack.

Don't try to use the bee book on bee queen however. The bees know a fake queen when they see one.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:11 AM, shadowDigga said:

Cutless can be used to force items out of lureplant one by one, with non-flying animals dropped in stunned state where they can be picked up; this can be exploited to make eye plants work as traps/bird traps to catch small animals for free. I personally find this exceptionally useful for catching birds.

Characters with lower damage modifiers such as Wendy/old Wanda can deal more hits on lureplant before it dies.

yo, that is a cool use

I thought the only use of cutless was fire fuel

this has potential for some lureplant gathering methods

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 12:11 AM, shadowDigga said:

Cutless can be used to force items out of lureplant one by one, with non-flying animals dropped in stunned state where they can be picked up; this can be exploited to make eye plants work as traps/bird traps to catch small animals for free. I personally find this exceptionally useful for catching birds.

Characters with lower damage modifiers such as Wendy/old Wanda can deal more hits on lureplant before it dies.

wait what how does this work? is there a minimum damage required for the lureplant to drop an item? 

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

wait what how does this work? is there a minimum damage required for the lureplant to drop an item? 

No.

Cutless literally gives you the frog tongue effect.

If you have pvp enabled and you see a cutless boy charging you, RUN.

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Depths Worms will harvest grass and twigs just like a lure plant and can be used to automate the gathering of those resources while in caves. Killing them is admittedly more difficult than lure plants, and requires some micromanaging to get them where you want them to be. It's much easier to do for twigs considering that you don't need to fertilize them and they can be replanted together. It probably works with reeds too but you would need to clear the area of anything hostile to the worm you're using to gather resources. They also probably have a limited inventory and consume the resources that they hold after some time.

• Like 4

Wicker can farm fireflies super fast by abusing the rain book.

Go to oasis lake in summer and read the book to let the rain flow, which causes the oasis to get drained out. Go in and catch 3 fireflies, then read the book again, which makes the oasis refills and respawns fireflies.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 12
  • Big Ups 1

On 9/29/2022 at 3:18 AM, Indignantpup said:

Depths Worms will harvest grass and twigs just like a lure plant and can be used to automate the gathering of those resources while in caves. Killing them is admittedly more difficult than lure plants, and requires some micromanaging to get them where you want them to be. It's much easier to do for twigs considering that you don't need to fertilize them and they can be replanted together. It probably works with reeds too but you would need to clear the area of anything hostile to the worm you're using to gather resources. They also probably have a limited inventory and consume the resources that they hold after some time.

I used worms as my main farm for grass and twigs in my longest world I ever had, it's quite fun but there are some issues. They have the same storage as lureplants, so 15 stacks of 40 of either twigs/grass, so that's plenty. Unlike lureplants, they store it forever tho, I was harvesting them once every 2-300 days.

The main issue is they only work while loaded, so you need to keep them close to your main base area, and also spend quite a lot of time in the caves to harvest solid amounts. I was spending a lot of time in the caves, probably ~30% of total gameplay in that world, and it still took a few hundred days for the worms to fill up. Still a passive and fun farm tho, and the best part for me was discovering this mechanic and making use of it. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 6:18 PM, Indignantpup said:

Killing them is admittedly more difficult than lure plants, and requires some micromanaging to get them where you want them to be.

Have you tried a pen like this? 

Spoiler

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, Spino43 said:

Wicker can farm fireflies super fast by abusing the rain book.

Go to oasis lake in summer and read the book to let the rain flow, which causes the oasis to get drained out. Go in and catch 3 fireflies, then read the book again, which makes the oasis refills and respawns fireflies.

Rinse and repeat.

Wait what?? This is crazy, going to farm a ridiculous amount of fireflies next summer!

hi guys, I have something to share, i dont know if it will be useful for everyone, but i hope it helps someone, after the implementation of grass raft kit, I actually neglected it until some days ago, when I realised how much time I could spare if I spend 2 twigs and 8 grass to jump across biomes in the early game.

So, back to what I was going to say, since A litle drama update, tent and siesta lean-to now have 15 uses (before it were 6), before the update, the tent roll (unique crafting for walter)  was the best tent in the game, now the tent/siesta lean-to is way better than the tent roll, but walter tent can be relocated without any cost, so if you are using walter or there is a walter in the game, it is good to have a tent in your inventory if you didnt embrace pierogies diet yet, anyway, just use normal tents in the base since it have more durabilty

Also, dont forget about straw roll, now it heals you! Sometimes we forget those items in the game, if you have lots of berries in your inventory and grass in the early game and no health food, consider making straw roll to heal you. Yes, i know there are blue mushrooms, butterflies, spider gland, etc. But it is always nice to have new alternatives to do something.

• Thanks 1

I discovered this a while ago, but if you don't learn the blueprints, the Monkey Queen will keep giving you the same set of blueprints indefinitely as long as you give her bananas. Those can then be converted to papyrus using a cartographer's desk. Essentially allowing you to gain 2 papyrus per banana. This method stops working when you learn her third and final blue print set, being the moon quay beach turf blueprint, as she then no longer gives you blueprints for bananas.

Edited by EighteenXVIII
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 2

22 hours ago, EighteenXVIII said:

I discovered this a while ago, but if you don't learn the blueprints, the Monkey Queen will keep giving you the same set of blueprints indefinitely as long as you give her bananas. Those can then be converted to papyrus using a cartographer's desk. Essentially allowing you to gain 2 papyrus per banana. This method stops working when you learn her third and final blue print set, being the moon quay beach turf blueprint, as she then no longer gives you blueprints for bananas.

what if you already learned all the recipes? can it work on a player who hasn't learned the last blueprint?

Edited by Loonytoony

1 minute ago, Loonytoony said:

what if you already learned all the recipes? can a player that hasn't do this method instead?

If you already learned all the recipes, then you're out of luck. You can learn the two cannon blueprints and still do the trick with the two dock blueprints she gives next. Technically you can also do it with the beach turf blueprint, but then you only get one papyrus per banana. She gives her five different blueprints in sets of two, two and one respectively.

Anyone who hasn't learned the blueprints will be able to get more of them.

• Thanks 1