Any unknown mechanic to share?

If you want new tallbird nests, but don't want to spend 28 days raising a tallbird, you can skip the egg/smallbird phase by just adopting a teenbird from an existing nest. Smallbirds spawn naturally during spring, and become teens by late spring or summer. Keep in mind that tallbirds will kill smallbirds or teenbirds as soon as they get loaded, so stay away from the area until you're ready to liberate them. Adults are stronger than teens, so bring blowdarts to offer cover, or skip a whole year and come when there's 2 teenbirds, so they can gang up on their parent. You'll still have to feed your teenbirds every day for 18 days, though, to ensure they reach adulthood, but once they do, you can send them to wherever you want new nests!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

If you want new tallbird nests, but don't want to spend 28 days raising a tallbird, you can skip the egg/smallbird phase by just adopting a teenbird from an existing nest. Smallbirds spawn naturally during spring, and become teens by late spring or summer. Keep in mind that tallbirds will kill smallbirds or teenbirds as soon as they get loaded, so stay away from the area until you're ready to liberate them. Adults are stronger than teens, so bring blowdarts to offer cover, or skip a whole year and come when there's 2 teenbirds, so they can gang up on their parent. You'll still have to feed your teenbirds every day for 18 days, though, to ensure they reach adulthood, but once they do, you can send them to wherever you want new nests!

That is honestly easier said than done lol they are basically dead on arrival for me or like 1 second before being murdered.

• Like 1

Tentacles spawned by Wicker's book can't spawn on items, so you can make a super cheap and funny tenta pit like this:

unknown.png

EDIT: just saw this was already posted, but the picture is funny and serves as good reference, so ill keep it

Edited by Sustenance
  • Like 10
  • Sanity 2
  • GL Happy 2

55 minutes ago, Sustenance said:

Tentacles spawned by Wicker's book can't spawn on items, so you can make a super cheap and funny tenta pit like this:

unknown.png

EDIT: just saw this was already posted, but the picture is funny and serves as good reference, so ill keep it

Well I know what I'm doing on public servers

• Health 2
  • Shopcat 1

Whether a bug or a feature, using the Clean Sweeper on a Campfire/Fire Pit that is targeted by Shadow Hands will make them disappear when it changes Belongings skins.

Spoiler

Technically the only Pay to Win mechanic on the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Shadow duelists STILL try to dodge Toadstool's boomshrooms, not like they can dodge them 100% of the time, but it still increases their survivability significantly. I don't know if there are any more things that duealists try to dogde now, but maybe?

To my surprise regular trinkets can be stored in candy bag, maybe its common knowledge maybe not, but usefull for sure. (Except for beach toys.)

Edited by Nogard78
Beach toys.
  • Like 3

On 11/4/2022 at 10:34 AM, Just-guy said:

Technically the only Pay to Win mechanic on the game.

Chest and bundle wrap skins are way more impactful than that. This is on topic because using skins to organize items can be considered a mechanic I'm sharing :D

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2022 at 4:28 PM, EighteenXVIII said:

I discovered this a while ago, but if you don't learn the blueprints, the Monkey Queen will keep giving you the same set of blueprints indefinitely as long as you give her bananas. Those can then be converted to papyrus using a cartographer's desk. Essentially allowing you to gain 2 papyrus per banana. This method stops working when you learn her third and final blue print set, being the moon quay beach turf blueprint, as she then no longer gives you blueprints for bananas.

1 banana = 8 reeds, super good

On 10/23/2022 at 2:52 PM, Spino43 said:

Wicker can farm fireflies super fast by abusing the rain book.

Go to oasis lake in summer and read the book to let the rain flow, which causes the oasis to get drained out. Go in and catch 3 fireflies, then read the book again, which makes the oasis refills and respawns fireflies.

Rinse and repeat.

1 book use = 3 fireflies, super good

On 11/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Just-guy said:

Whether a bug or a feature, using the Clean Sweeper on a Campfire/Fire Pit that is targeted by Shadow Hands will make them disappear when it changes Belongings skins.

1 sweeper use = no shadow hands, super good

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 4

Some tips for Willow and Maxwell:

Willow:

• You can tank Monkey Pirates everytime they raid, all you need is: armor to resist the Prime Mate attacks after you board them, Bernie to be dropped on the pirates' boat, a Nightmare Amulet to trigger BERNIE! and a weapon of your choice to attack monkeys while they focus BERNIE!.
  • When mobs are on fire (via fire staff, fire darts, torches, etc) you can attack them and they won't attack back, almost as Maxwell's shadow sneak does. Some relevant mobs this works with are: varglings, spider queens and tall birds. They might suceed in attacking once even when on fire so you might want to dodge first, after that they will just panic until they are no longer in fire. Be careful, if a mob dies while on fire their loot will burn too.

Maxwell:

• Shadow servants can take items inside Cave Holes (please, don't fix keli).
  • This was shown on the last Rhymes with Play stream, but for anyone who missed it: if you dance, Shadow duelists (maybe servants too) will come close to you and dance too, this is useful if you want to dismiss them when they are too far or if you want duelists to regroup close to you when you are fighting, for example, Dragonfly. There's a mod for emotes you can use to spam dance faster.
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

When mobs are on fire (via fire staff, fire darts, torches, etc) you can attack them and they won't attack back, almost as Maxwell's shadow sneak does. Some relevant mobs this works with are: varglings, spider queens and tall birds. They might suceed in attacking once even when on fire so you might want to dodge first, after that they will just panic until they are no longer in fire. Be careful, if a mob dies while on fire their loot will burn too.

in a similar way you can burn a tree and be inside the fire so most mobs wont be able to reach you since the fire of the tree has a bigger area than they atack range. You just need to hold F since they panic everytime they try to atack you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DelroyBM said:

Shadow servants can take items inside Cave Holes

Are you sure? Because I remember doing that in the beta branch but then the next day and update came out and when I tried again it didn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Are you sure? Because I remember doing that in the beta branch but then the next day and update came out and when I tried again it didn't work.

I am! I summoned it inside the hole and it picked some thule for me. I only did it once or twice yesterday, but I'm sure of it.

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

Idk when, but the priority when using lazy explorer now is reduced (before if you were walking and clicked telepoof, it would instantly telepoof), now you can click while walking and it wont telepoof, idk how much it were reduced, or if walking have more priority now (someone have to check the code to confirm).

Btw, soul hop always had more priority than walking, maybe they give the same priority to soul hop and telepoof idk.

Edited by dois raios
Grammar

On 11/29/2022 at 6:45 AM, Nogard78 said:

Shadow duelists STILL try to dodge Toadstool's boomshrooms, not like they can dodge them 100% of the time, but it still increases their survivability significantly. I don't know if there are any more things that duealists try to dogde now, but maybe?

To my surprise regular trinkets can be stored in candy bag, maybe its common knowledge maybe not, but usefull for sure. (Except for beach toys.)

I killed misery toadstool using duelists lol

I did notice them dodging pretty well, which I found surprising

• Like 2

I feel like resharing a few infos for noob players experiencing their first ever WintersFeast.

You can obtain Christmas lightbulbs from fishing the Oasis lake in Summer without needing to fight any bosses to get them.

Planting a Fully decorated Festive Planter tree and placing ornaments on it with at least one light and sleeping near the tree with only the light from the tree to protect from darkness will reward the player with a Christmas gift containing various in-game goodies, such as walking canes, Tam’O hats, Green, Yellow, Orange Gems etc.. 

During WintersFeast you don’t need to fight BeeQueen to unlock the Bundling Wrap Recipe since Gift Wrap now does the exact same thing Bundle wrap would do. Also if you unlock these recipes while they’re available you will retain that craftable knowledge even after the limited time event expires.

So if you suck at fighting bosses or MacTusks- Reap the completely free rewards without having to fight the bosses! :) 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Planting a Fully decorated Festive Planter tree and placing ornaments on it with at least one light and sleeping near the tree with only the light from the tree to protect from darkness will reward the player with a Christmas gift containing various in-game goodies, such as walking canes, Tam’O hats, Green, Yellow, Orange Gems etc.. 

best of all, when playing with others, you can also innocuously "forget" a gift under the tree, containing several stacks of rather upset killer bees. do with that information what you will.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Big Ups 1