Any unknown mechanic to share?

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

When examining items stored inside Shadow Chester characters will use their 'It's too dark to see the item' quotes

image.thumb.png.3a51fe964a88a93d346e74c9ef0530bd.png

This actually also happens with the shadow tophat and maybe the magican box, and I submitted a bug report on it. Nothing came of it.

• Like 1

Yet another Maxwell Gaming tips. When fighting Fuelweaver you can still use codex umbra to summon duelists(or workers i guess) during mind control attack, so its good to use this time for something more usefull than getting hit. Also being not sane enough when entering 2nd phase makes AF perform his mind control atack before hands, giving you(and puppets) time to dish out quite a lot of dmg before the shield is up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 2

26 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the atack rate of spitter is different if they are using their range atack or their melee atack. Always be super close to them so they dont atack as often

always see even experienced players tanking 4858295 hits because of this

Is the delay determined when they want to attack or after they attack?

On 12/12/2022 at 10:36 PM, cybers2001 said:

If you want to catch bees at dusk/night, you can light the hive on fire to evacuate the bees without them becoming killer bees. Then just put it out with an ice staff if you don't want the hive to turn to ash.

This is especially useful for getting bee boxes during winter. You can also put out the fire with a watering can to save on resources or during early game.
The optimal way is to:
1. Light the hive
2. Catch 1 bee so they all agro on to you and don't return to the hive. They will stay as normal bees. They usually can't hit you bc they panic from the fire
3. Put out the hive
4. Catch remaining bees

• Like 1

Crab King's claws can be blocked using ocean trawlers.

If you surround your boat (obviously overkill), you might think you're immune to the claws, but if your boat is on top of where one spawns it will spawn randomly around your boat and almost always inside the nets. It can then attack your boat and destroy nets in the processimage.thumb.jpeg.1ad96c9f7c93c732bdb90525030c7e13.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6c6f10cc67cc2af9f63b455e43232982.jpeg

Placing fossils on a boat creates a one way gate, so you can board but never jump off.

Edited by Sustenance
  • Like 4
  • Sanity 3

Hah. It seems that the ability to plant palm trees in a festive pot has also added (most likely unintentional) duplication of seeds. A fully grown palm tree planted in the ground drops only one seed when cut down. However, if you plant it in a pot and then cut it down, you get two, allowing you to multiply them very easily for the price of one manure. I suspect it's a bug? But a funny one. I suppose the palm tree likes to be in a pot more than in the ground?

• Like 8

When you deconstruct napsacks to get more shroom skins, you can use lazy forager to pick up sick canary, and keep duplicating more.

Usually it's difficult to get the canaries before they fly away, but lazy forager can get them easily. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, erikac14 said:

When you deconstruct napsacks to get more shroom skins, you can use lazy forager to pick up sick canary, and keep duplicating more.

Usually it's difficult to get the canaries before they fly away, but lazy forager can get them easily. 

THANK YOU!

I always left a bunch of bird traps around

• Like 3

Easily fast travel between Tentapillars using a Cannon Kit placed 2.5 pitchfork tiles away from a Tentapillar, load it up with your gleaming Cannonballs, and shoot away at the Tentapillar (takes 3 direct hits, don't know what the true damage of Cannonball is, or if splash damage is applied on top of direct damage), and voila, you got yourself a network of Tentapillar wormholes you can use to go anywhere, anytime. Another reason for not needing to voidwalk!

As a Ghost, you can farm free Pig Skin and Meat at the Pig Torches if you Haunt a Guardian Pig turning it into a Werepig, and the other Guardian Pigs will kill the Werepig and won't eat the Pig Skin and Meats that are dropped. Then you can resummon the dead Guardian Pig by relighting its burnt out Pig Torch by haunting it. Rinse and repeat. Be careful not to have Spiders around that will eat the loot.

You can use a Telelocator Staff on one of the Twins so you can fight them one at a time per night.

Meat Effigies are free non-max-health-deducting revives for Wanda.

Fashion Melons will prevent you from Overheating in the middle of summer.

Tooth Traps can activate on Depth Worms.

You can use Deconstruction Staff on burnt structures to get back full construction materials.

Lazy Forager is the best tool to use in the Pig Wrestling Match, with 4 individual pieces of Gold Nuggets inside a nearby Stone Wall pen.

If you die on a Pirate Ship with a Prime Mate still on it and stay on it as a Ghost, you will ride along with the boat, and the boat won't despawn and when it eventually collides with a Sea Stack and is destroyed from boat leaks, you get all the Monkeys' loots including the Pirate Map and Captain's Tricorn without any Accursed Trinkets.

And lastly, Klei patrols this thread once in a while, so don't be surprised that some of the things you post here get patched. (like the time I posted about running away from lightbugs to 100% keep them alive, and other stuff I posted, etc.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 6:58 PM, Aeglefire said:

If you die on a Pirate Ship with a Prime Mate still on it and stay on it as a Ghost, you will ride along with the boat, and the boat won't despawn and when it eventually collides with a Sea Stack and is destroyed from boat leaks, you get all the Monkeys' loots including the Pirate Map and Captain's Tricorn without any Accursed Trinkets.

I'm not sure on this one. The first half is true, but I don't think the Prime Ape will drop the pirate map/tricorn. All the monkeys just dive into the water (funny animation) when the boat sinks. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:58 PM, Aeglefire said:

Meat Effigies are free non-max-health-deducting revives for Wanda.

Cheggf already said they don't lower your max HP but also as Wanda you don't lose max HP from hearts or florid postern.

I usually leave a few hearts at base when playing with friends so they can regain sanity if I die.

Plus you get the age you used to craft them back with watches.

• GL Happy 1

5 hours ago, Rellimarual3 said:

If, while exploring a new world (where you are not admin), you see the Little Drama setpieces in a biome that is not a triple tusk set piece, it’s a one-tusk map. I’ve yet to see them spawn outside the set piece when it’s present.

Unless its retrofitted, mine spawned on swamp and decidious after I retrofitted it.

• Like 1