Any unknown mechanic to share?

Since there was a bunch Hamlet ones, have a shipwrecked bug workaround:

The Ballphins often refuse to come out of their houses, especially player-built. They go in at night and never come out- unless you're there when the day starts. Just make sure to have them on screen.

Swapping characters with moon portal resets Christmas tree gift, allowing you to get multiple big gifts per 1 night. Very nice for Wanda since you can farm time pieces and canes for deconstructing at the same time. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

TIL you can do this(on mouse and keyboard)

791455025_GIF1-20-20228-55-10PM.thumb.gif.e76c143dfb70cbdb810fda1612e9eabb.gif
What's happening here is I'm holding the light bulbs and I can press 3(the slot the lantern is in) to fuel it. Works for practically any action that involves one item and another(Wanda's clocks + clock tools, other fuelable items, etc)

Maybe it's just me, but I never knew that was something you could do, I thought you only had the option of dragging the item over to use it on another, so I thought I'd put it here :p

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:59 AM, Hornete said:

TIL you can do this(on mouse and keyboard)

791455025_GIF1-20-20228-55-10PM.thumb.gif.e76c143dfb70cbdb810fda1612e9eabb.gif
What's happening here is I'm holding the light bulbs and I can press 3(the slot the lantern is in) to fuel it. Works for practically any action that involves one item and another(Wanda's clocks + clock tools, other fuelable items, etc)

Maybe it's just me, but I never knew that was something you could do, I thought you only had the option of dragging the item over to use it on another, so I thought I'd put it here :p

would be better if there was a way to do it without holding the item

6 minutes ago, EssZee said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but if you drown when trying to board a boat, any items you drop in the water that would normally sink stay afloat.

it is? Like rock/flint/bundled supplies/gifts?

Just now, Spino43 said:

it is? Like rock/flint/bundled supplies/gifts?

the other day I was trying to board my boat. had a gear, sunfish and bundle on me, neither of which seemed to have sunk when I drowned. I managed to pick them all up when i returned

8 minutes ago, EssZee said:

the other day I was trying to board my boat. had a gear, sunfish and bundle on me, neither of which seemed to have sunk when I drowned. I managed to pick them all up when i returned

Sunfish not drowning is extremely odd. Any ocean fishes that fall back into the ocean will swim around for a bit and just disappears, unless it's in your backpack, which don't sink.

Edited by Spino43

4 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Sunfish not drowning is extremely odd. Any ocean fishes that fall back into the ocean will swim around for a bit and just disappears, unless it's in your backpack, which don't sink.

agreed, which is why I thought it was really odd that none of my items at all sank, especially the fish 

Mush gnome loot won't turn into ash if he dies while on fire. This means you can hit them with torch to make all spores burn away before they blow up. There is a chance that the loot will start smoldering from spores being on fire, so bring a water can.

• Like 1

似乎只有在一种情况下,Ewecus 才会攻击Houndius Shootius

Ewecus 跟Houndius Shootius一起 被旋风攻击

其他状况下,Ewecus 遭受Houndius Shootius的攻击时,没有反应

Ewecus 在战斗状态下 (而不是它们 处在 正观望 的状态),它们会 执着的 攻击 被固定的 玩家,即使它们 正遭受着 其他个体的攻击,直到固定状态结束 它们才会正常反击

可能 唯一特性,发射的 攻击方式,只有Ewecus的攻击 会被其他生物 挡住,【这个生物(有阻挡能力 的生物)会因此遭受伤害】

Gekko不会睡觉,被物品催眠时,它们仍旧是休息的状态,不过它们偶尔会出现假死的bug

不知道有没有人提过这个,Moon Caller's Staff在生成时 出现一定数量的 月 狗 和月 猪,杀死 月 狗 就会再出现一只 月 猪,反之……

骑着 大Woby 不能跳到船上,但Woby能跟随Walter跳过去

处在 狭窄的位置时,Cave Worms 可能 无法正常出现

On 1/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, lakhnish said:

公牛海带在水中种植时不会闷烧。 我忘记了原因,但我确实记得对此进行了广泛的测试。

没有必要在它们身上放一个羊羔绒,除非你担心它们附近的其他东西会着火并因此蔓延。

公牛海带 刚在游戏中更新时,见过 它们 闷烧 然后燃烧起来

• Like 1

willell said:

There seems to be only one case where Ewecus will attack Houndius Shootius

Ewecus is attacked by a whirlwind with Houndius Shootius

In other cases, Ewecus is unresponsive when attacked by Houndius Shootius

When Ewecus is in combat (rather than they are in a watching state), they will persistently attack the immobilized player, even if they are being attacked by other individuals, they will not fight back normally until the immobilization state is over.

Possibly the only characteristic, the attack method launched, only the attack of Ewecus will be blocked by other creatures, [this creature (the creature with blocking ability) will suffer damage as a result]

Gekko can't sleep. When hypnotized by items, they are still in a state of rest, but they occasionally have a bug with suspended animation

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, Moon Caller's Staff will spawn a certain number of Moon Dogs and Moon Pigs. Killing the Moon Dog will spawn another Moon Pig, and vice versa...

You can't jump onto a boat while riding a big Woby, but Woby can jump over with Walter

Cave Worms may not appear properly in narrow positions

On 1/9/2022 at 5:48 AM, lakhnish said:

Bull kelp does not smolder when grown in water. I forget why, but I do remember testing this extensively.

There's no need to put a lamb's wool on them unless you're worried that other things near them will catch fire and spread as a result.

Bull kelp just got an in-game update and saw them smolder and burn

• Thanks 3

Hi.

Wolfgang got two more perks sneaked in the Year of the Catcoon update(Some bugfixes sneaked in too, like the bug with Merm princes not inheriting the correct name when sitting on the throne, Sea Weed's bases not being hoverable with the mouse, and Gnarwail shadows not matching the animations of the gnarwail)

Wolfgang now raises anchors twice as fast when Mighty
1127005244_GIF1-28-20223-24-11PM.gif.bdc47137c693d8bea15c630f511226ab.gif5042452_GIF1-28-20223-26-15PM.gif.b951dfcc81cda233036abd1fe072bd93.gif

Wolfgang now lowers sails with mightier strength when mighty.
379717387_GIF1-28-20223-27-41PM.gif.a7e9e0c78a6134eb3948b9301d590455.gif1821611855_GIF1-28-20223-27-25PM.gif.bb651d042c6d119796d1fb68d6b726da.gif

The rowing perk has not changed.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1

11 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Hi.

Wolfgang got two more perks sneaked in the Year of the Catcoon update(Some bugfixes sneaked in too, like the bug with Merm princes not inheriting the correct name when sitting on the throne, Sea Weed's bases not being hoverable with the mouse, and Gnarwail shadows not matching the animations of the gnarwail)

Wolfgang now raises anchors twice as fast when Mighty
1127005244_GIF1-28-20223-24-11PM.gif.bdc47137c693d8bea15c630f511226ab.gif5042452_GIF1-28-20223-26-15PM.gif.b951dfcc81cda233036abd1fe072bd93.gif

Wolfgang now lowers sails with mightier strength when mighty.
379717387_GIF1-28-20223-27-41PM.gif.a7e9e0c78a6134eb3948b9301d590455.gif1821611855_GIF1-28-20223-27-25PM.gif.bb651d042c6d119796d1fb68d6b726da.gif

The rowing perk has not changed.

Wolfgang sailor skin when?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 1