Any unknown mechanic to share?

16 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Hi.

Wolfgang got two more perks sneaked in the Year of the Catcoon update(Some bugfixes sneaked in too, like the bug with Merm princes not inheriting the correct name when sitting on the throne, Sea Weed's bases not being hoverable with the mouse, and Gnarwail shadows not matching the animations of the gnarwail)

Wolfgang now raises anchors twice as fast when Mighty
1127005244_GIF1-28-20223-24-11PM.gif.bdc47137c693d8bea15c630f511226ab.gif5042452_GIF1-28-20223-26-15PM.gif.b951dfcc81cda233036abd1fe072bd93.gif

Wolfgang now lowers sails with mightier strength when mighty.
379717387_GIF1-28-20223-27-41PM.gif.a7e9e0c78a6134eb3948b9301d590455.gif1821611855_GIF1-28-20223-27-25PM.gif.bb651d042c6d119796d1fb68d6b726da.gif

The rowing perk has not changed.

Interesting I wonder what all else has changed, I’ve noticed Abigail lags off the screen at times again when she used to follow very closely to you, it also may just be me but seems like Abigail takes more HP loss from Hound Wave attacks, I actually had to desummon her a few times so she would passively heal in the safety of her flower.

She’s also significantly less aggressive in Riled up mode, I had to run some of that hound wave back Towards her because she wasn’t floating around relentlessly attacking them on her own-

I actually LIKE this.. because it restores some of Pre-Rework Wendy’s Gameplay of needing to kite things that Abigail isn’t attacking back into Abigail.

And if no changes were made to Wendy/Abigail then I’ve just been playing as Wolfgang for far too long to notice.. but I absolutely swear Abby used to not lag THIS FAR Behind

(the Kitcoons also sometime lag so far off screen too)

I don’t mean actual “Game Lag” by the way.. I mean they just move too slow to keep up and thats WITHOUT a Walking cane/Beefalo

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hornete said:

Hi.

Wolfgang got two more perks sneaked in the Year of the Catcoon update(Some bugfixes sneaked in too, like the bug with Merm princes not inheriting the correct name when sitting on the throne, Sea Weed's bases not being hoverable with the mouse, and Gnarwail shadows not matching the animations of the gnarwail)

Wolfgang now raises anchors twice as fast when Mighty
1127005244_GIF1-28-20223-24-11PM.gif.bdc47137c693d8bea15c630f511226ab.gif5042452_GIF1-28-20223-26-15PM.gif.b951dfcc81cda233036abd1fe072bd93.gif

Wolfgang now lowers sails with mightier strength when mighty.
379717387_GIF1-28-20223-27-41PM.gif.a7e9e0c78a6134eb3948b9301d590455.gif1821611855_GIF1-28-20223-27-25PM.gif.bb651d042c6d119796d1fb68d6b726da.gif

The rowing perk has not changed.

This is pretty neat. Something that was asked for and it makes Wolfgang feel more strength based.

Spoiler

Still no fixes for him as a character though.screaming-in-pain-ahh.gif.8e61b47bc3ec7ad67df5739613799d1a.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

i dunno if this already told .. but those creepy bird from eye storm can be captured using bird trap .. if you feed it any kind of meat it will give rotten egg instead of egg like normal bird would .

really good if you need more rotten egg for gun powder fast . 
i always have it on bundle for that purpose.

• Like 20
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

Murdering Golden Koi Fishes and Dappled Koi Fishes gives you lucky gold nuggets.

Huh, i wonder when that was added. I made a suggestion a year ago that trading them to Pearl should yield Lucky Gold Nuggets, but this is much easier. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 1

11 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Huh, i wonder when that was added. I made a suggestion a year ago that trading them to Pearl should yield Lucky Gold Nuggets, but this is much easier. 

"Murdering innocent peaceful fish who have done nothing to wrong me is much easier than not murdering them." -BezKa

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 2

While also not “Unknown” if you have yet to find the Lunar Island in your world for whatever Reason but have found all of the Kitcoons except the Lunar One, you can hire a Ticoon and it will walk off in the direction of your Lunar Isles.. once it stops trying to walk build a boat at the edge of land he stops at & sail out to find the lost Kitcoon.

Once all your Kitcoons have been found you can continue to hire Ticoon just to have an animal companion that is capable of dying if you don’t protect it (similar to Beefalo, Smallbirds & Adorable Larvae but without the hatched from an Egg part.) 

For some reason I enjoy pets that can die over Immortal one’s immune to all damage sources- Maybe because it makes me actually have to care for/protect them I don’t know.

I just know Ticoon pets even though they don’t do anything special are fun to have around. Would be nice if they pounced at birds and stuff like wild Catcoon though- I mean they aren’t “FREE” you still have to find all other 9 Kitcoons before Ticoon will stay as your loyal companion.

Speaking of the Kitcoons- They will also hide inside of Midsummers Cawnival decorations & you will need to “activate” the streamers, poppers, sparklers etc to get your hidden Kitcoon to come out from hiding.

• GL Happy 1

Eye mask is my new favourite item!

If you're not dumb enough to break it, you can feed it meat and use it as infinite armor (great for my Wurt plays)

So here is the mechanic: If you feed it glowberry, it glows. Even in inventory. Even on the ground.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some lesser known world gen rules that helps in navigation (given vanilla world gen):

• The mosiac biome will always be close to/adjacent to spawn so you can pretty much get all the basic resources from there
  • The Triple Mac biome only ever connects to one other biome so you know it will be a dead end
  • Same goes for killer bees, its always a choke point leading to a grassland only connected to that killer bee choke point
  • Biomes that are not guaranteed in a world: Second birch, Triple Mac, Spider Quarry, and Killer bees

I know there are exceptions in weird world gens but this is what I found 99% of the time

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

5 hours ago, Wurtstool said:

Biomes that are not guaranteed in a world: Second birch, Triple Mac, Spider Quarry, and Killer bees

There's a lot more optional biomes than just those like the frog ponds and non-king pig village. Surface generates with 5/10 optional biomes while the caves generate with only 8/18.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

Chopping an evergreen(doesnt matter how many times, just once will do) will 'aggro' any Mushgnomes nearby and they'll start doing their spore attacks.

This is because they are considered """""treeguards""""

Does this mean that Woodie can find more Mushgnomes?

• Like 3

You can use the Lazy Deserter to quickly and cost free lower sanity to 0 by spam clicking it. Useful for fuel farming if no bone helm and to manage sanity while moon event is active. You can also have one near celestial champion if you are careful to not have it destroyed.

Edited by reallychina
  • Like 3

Said time ago but if you lost it..

There is a chance to get the ruins/ancient guardian near the cave entrance if you set the right thing when generating the world.

If you set loop: always and branches: none you have a circular map of the caves and a chance to get the amazing ancient stuff near the entrance of the caves!

• Like 1