Any unknown mechanic to share?

16 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Sunken Chests have a 2% chance to have a trinket included in their drops

Hide contents

Ah... never change your very weird drop chances Klei, you and your 0.11% chance for a Meat Effigy from an Ancient Psuedoscience Station. :p

the other day i got a green staff from a station O.O

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
stuff staff stoff
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Sunken Chests have a 2% chance to have a trinket included in their drops

Hide contents

Ah... never change your very weird drop chances Klei, you and your 0.11% chance for a Meat Effigy from an Ancient Psuedoscience Station. :p

How does a station drop a meat effigy? Isn't it a structure? 

• Like 1

clicking on back steps and backstreks in your inventory highlights near marks linked to that clock

you can refuel items in your inventory by holding the fuel with the mouse and using the number of the inventory slot where the item you wanna fuel is placed. Ex. bone armor in your inventory 1, just hold nightmere fuel and press 1

wavey jones spawn in the opposite side where you stand so if you have some hard to access zones in your boat just move there so she cant spawn like in the screenshot

20210919025010_1.thumb.jpg.3858d29bddf682ee8d5d2ae9f45a3cbc.jpg

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

On 5/26/2019 at 12:05 AM, Warlockadamm said:

- Chester will always spawn near the stange hand and vis versa.

- You can use the moonstone statue to build some nice set up in your base ( credits to Overtime : 

).

- 2 lichen plus 2 monster meat wild yield 50% either monster lasagna or chilli.

- Merms are only aggressive when you go next to there houses. If you want you can stand right next to a merm if he is far from his house.

I had a world where he spawned in the dragonfly desert. (Didn’t find him till day 100.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wavey jones spawn in the opposite side where you stand so if you have some hard to access zones in your boat just move there so she cant spawn like in the screenshot

Blessed be, blessed be! The most useful tip in this entire thread!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Saw an intetesting post on Reddit, so destroyed splumonkey pods will respawn in the exact same spot when you reset the ruins. Can you block them with say a statue or something similar like krampus sack spawns to stop them coming back? If so this could be very useful for pods that are close to your path to the ruins.

Anyone know if this works?

9 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Saw an intetesting post on Reddit, so destroyed splumonkey pods will respawn in the exact same spot when you reset the ruins. Can you block them with say a statue or something similar like krampus sack spawns to stop them coming back? If so this could be very useful for pods that are close to your path to the ruins.

Anyone know if this works?

never hear of that but, in case you didnt know, they wont hit fences or walls and you will still have access to farm their loot if wished

• Like 2

Okay well I tested a few things- Console players don’t have console commands so testing anything is a bit harder then just spawning it in in front of me like you could on PC.. but that’s okay :) 

I posted this earlier in my RNG Mob Encounters thread..

The reason I’m sharing it HERE, is Because Webber can carry an Insanely broken amount of Spiders in his inventory with this method..

Even just ONE package of 4 Nurse Spiders would be seen as OP healing levels.. who even needs healing supplies anymore?

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

never hear of that but, in case you didnt know, they wont hit fences or walls and you will still have access to farm their loot if wished

Thanks but I'm aware of monkey farms. I relocated a rock lobster herd over to monkey pods. I keep a piece of gold inside a pen to keep the lobsters and monkeys nice and close so they fight during nightmare cycle. 

Really curious as to whether blocking the pod spawn points works though.. hmm

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay well I tested a few things- Console players don’t have console commands so testing anything is a bit harder then just spawning it in in front of me like you could on PC.. but that’s okay :) 

I posted this earlier in my RNG Mob Encounters thread..

The reason I’m sharing it HERE, is Because Webber can carry an Insanely broken amount of Spiders in his inventory with this method..

Even just ONE package of 4 Nurse Spiders would be seen as OP healing levels.. who even needs healing supplies anymore?

Pretty sure everyone knows you can bundle wrap spiders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched a video by Hantears mentioning that, if you are in the caves during spring and everything is wet, a way to identify which mysterious plants are depth worms or lesser glow berries, is by equipping a torch and moving your mouse cursor over the plant. If the torch option is unavailable, it's a depth worm.

Edited by zacqiang
  • Like 7