DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

zacqiang    360

I just noticed this while I was taming my beefalo, but turns out beefalos don't like eating raw cactus, and whenever you feed them raw cactus, they will wince like how people do IRL whenever they eat something that they feel disgusting. However, this doesn't affect their taming process, and you can also use raw cactus as their hunger dish if you don't have time to cook the cactus.

• Thanks 1

zacqiang    360
45 minutes ago, BezKa said:

They do that face because it damages them. You can feed it any food that takes away health, like green or red caps, and they will wince because they're actually losing health. Don't overdo it with the cactus ;)

Ahhhhhhhh so that's what it is.

• Like 1

SonicDen220    2748
17 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

Wearing an Ice Cube will prevent your character from catching on fire, though you still take damage standing super close to a lava pond, but you absolutely won't catch fire, even if 0% wet due to standing next to a heat source. Pretty amazing tech, possibly good vs enraged dragonfly's fire-setting attacks/lavae.

What if you're already on fire and then equip ice cube? Are you instantly gonna put yourself out with it?

• Like 3

On 10/10/2021 at 3:29 AM, zacqiang said:

I just noticed this while I was taming my beefalo, but turns out beefalos don't like eating raw cactus, and whenever you feed them raw cactus, they will wince like how people do IRL whenever they eat something that they feel disgusting. However, this doesn't affect their taming process, and you can also use raw cactus as their hunger dish if you don't have time to cook the cactus.

Guess what! They do this with red caps (cooked and raw), and with cooked green caps (safe to eat when raw)

• Like 1

Gi-Go    423
On 11/14/2019 at 4:46 AM, Viktor234 said:

Due to their buggy AI, homeless Mosquitos always fly towards 0,0 and settle there. So catching 2 Mosquitos on the surface and releasing both of them will make one homeless which will lead you to the center of the map. That can make finding the moon easier since in most cases it spawns on the area where you explored the least.

Or you can catch just 1 Mosquito on the surface, move it to the caves and release it there to find the mud biome & the ruins as fast as possible.

Без названия (17).jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

Aeglefire    198
On 10/10/2021 at 5:34 AM, SonicDen220 said:

What if you're already on fire and then equip ice cube? Are you instantly gonna put yourself out with it?

If you're already on fire, equipping the Ice Cube doesn't extinguish the fire. Also, I noticed you have to put on the Ice Cube for at least 1-2 seconds before the game registers you are immune to catching on fire.

And also another tidbit, I tried extinguishing fires with the Ice Cube but it doesn't work, even though you can do it with regular Ice. :p 

And also, Ice is able to cool you down when you eat it, this knowledge saved me one time when I had zero overheat protection and I was constantly overheating. Also, Ice has a small hunger value, so a stack of Ice in the fridge can still sustain you for some time, enough time for you to find proper food, hopefully.

• Thanks 2

Cr4zyFl4mes    503
5 hours ago, zenburu said:

This can be useful for positioning yourself against Crab King without using a Compass

Why does positioning against crab king matter?

• Like 2

Filip_G    25

It might be a nice idea to put all these mechanics in one online file (google docs etc). There were attempts to do so, but it was like 30 pages ago,so an update to such file would be cool :)

• Like 4

bagherthegamer    782

If you have a tamed beefalo with a glossamer saddle, you can run through the obelisks in the atrium without needing to adjust your sanity. Tho it might take a few attempts and a bit of server lag to pull of. 

Also if you run on the edge with your beefalo and stand next to the obelisk thats near the edge, it will push you over the void allowing you to fly and explore the atrium freely. 

zacqiang    360
38 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

the first one is  "Wanda's ghost which equiped alarming clock been attacked by the great gestalt in lunar grotto"

I initially thought all characters drop their items on death, but turns out Wanda's clocks remain on her (both in her inventory AND in her hand equip slot).

I don't know about all the other stuff you mentioned, but the fact that Wanda's clocks can still remain on her even after death is a noteworthy mechanic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1