Any unknown mechanic to share?

According my testing, Lureplants underneath the canopy of a Knobbly Tree still take smoldering priority, even if they can't burn due to the shade.

In other words, if I'm not erring, you can expand the canopy safe-zone using Lureplants just as you can do with the Ice Flingomatic safe-zone!

• Like 13
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 4

Wearing an Ice Cube will prevent your character from catching on fire, though you still take damage standing super close to a lava pond, but you absolutely won't catch fire, even if 0% wet due to standing next to a heat source. Pretty amazing tech, possibly good vs enraged dragonfly's fire-setting attacks/lavae.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I just noticed this while I was taming my beefalo, but turns out beefalos don't like eating raw cactus, and whenever you feed them raw cactus, they will wince like how people do IRL whenever they eat something that they feel disgusting. However, this doesn't affect their taming process, and you can also use raw cactus as their hunger dish if you don't have time to cook the cactus.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zacqiang said:

I just noticed this while I was taming my beefalo, but turns out beefalos don't like eating raw cactus, and whenever you feed them raw cactus, they will wince like how people do IRL whenever they eat something that they feel disgusting. However, this doesn't affect their taming process, and you can also use raw cactus as their hunger dish if you don't have time to cook the cactus.

They do that face because it damages them. You can feed it any food that takes away health, like green or red caps, and they will wince because they're actually losing health. Don't overdo it with the cactus ;)

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BezKa said:

They do that face because it damages them. You can feed it any food that takes away health, like green or red caps, and they will wince because they're actually losing health. Don't overdo it with the cactus ;)

Ahhhhhhhh so that's what it is.

• Like 1

You know the cave lights in the Lunar Grotto biome and how they get bigger during dusk and night time?

Well, during the day, they are just a single dot. That dot is also the spawner for the Naked Mole Bats.

Not only that, the Naked Mole Bats can keep summoning a new ally every minute if you kill the mole bat that did the summoning every time. I showed some tips on how you can use this information to farm some Milkmade Hats:

Spoiler

Edited by lakhnish
I can English
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 1

17 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

Wearing an Ice Cube will prevent your character from catching on fire, though you still take damage standing super close to a lava pond, but you absolutely won't catch fire, even if 0% wet due to standing next to a heat source. Pretty amazing tech, possibly good vs enraged dragonfly's fire-setting attacks/lavae.

What if you're already on fire and then equip ice cube? Are you instantly gonna put yourself out with it?

• Like 3

On 10/10/2021 at 3:29 AM, zacqiang said:

Guess what! They do this with red caps (cooked and raw), and with cooked green caps (safe to eat when raw)

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 4:46 AM, Viktor234 said:

Due to their buggy AI, homeless Mosquitos always fly towards 0,0 and settle there. So catching 2 Mosquitos on the surface and releasing both of them will make one homeless which will lead you to the center of the map. That can make finding the moon easier since in most cases it spawns on the area where you explored the least.

Or you can catch just 1 Mosquito on the surface, move it to the caves and release it there to find the mud biome & the ruins as fast as possible.

Без названия (17).jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sanity 2

On 10/10/2021 at 5:34 AM, SonicDen220 said:

What if you're already on fire and then equip ice cube? Are you instantly gonna put yourself out with it?

If you're already on fire, equipping the Ice Cube doesn't extinguish the fire. Also, I noticed you have to put on the Ice Cube for at least 1-2 seconds before the game registers you are immune to catching on fire.

And also another tidbit, I tried extinguishing fires with the Ice Cube but it doesn't work, even though you can do it with regular Ice. :p 

And also, Ice is able to cool you down when you eat it, this knowledge saved me one time when I had zero overheat protection and I was constantly overheating. Also, Ice has a small hunger value, so a stack of Ice in the fridge can still sustain you for some time, enough time for you to find proper food, hopefully.

• Thanks 2

On 10/9/2021 at 3:53 PM, Aeglefire said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Sad 1

If you have a tamed beefalo with a glossamer saddle, you can run through the obelisks in the atrium without needing to adjust your sanity. Tho it might take a few attempts and a bit of server lag to pull of. 

Also if you run on the edge with your beefalo and stand next to the obelisk thats near the edge, it will push you over the void allowing you to fly and explore the atrium freely. 

A trick I usually use when I'm waiting out a nightmare cycle phase in the ruins and want to conserve my lantern / miner hat usage:

20211005082803_1.thumb.jpg.735996a7931f98dd9180235ac70b740b.jpg

Just drop one and Charlie won't come near.

Spoiler

image.png.421beeeec244581716a7328af9e5fbad.png

Creepy btw

Edited by zacqiang
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i want to provide 2 mechanics in this post.

the first one is  "Wanda's ghost which equiped alarming clock been attacked by the great gestalt in lunar grotto", i have report this as a bug(in this link) but Zark just ignore me,so i think it may be a mechanic allow to exist?:wilson_dorky:

It's known that if Wanda equiped alarming clock, she will be attacked by the great gestalt in lunar grotto.However, when Wanda is killed in this state, her ghost remain the tag "shadow_item"  because of her characteristic that watch will not fall on the ground, which will lead to her ghost being attacked by the big great gestalt shown as the GIF below.

Spoiler

1329233735_GIF2021-10-1021-38-54.gif.d83a44fea051b07ed22454f7580fc142.gif

After attacking Wanda's ghost, these great gestalts will not disappear, but continue to attack, which eventually leads to the gathering of a large number of gestalt. Then a large number of shadow creatures gather around nearby teammates. Shown as the picture below:

Spoiler

420270691_.png.50d01320c5d2015f833608c1d03f53db.png

231866983_.png.0865f7eb28005cb39f6ff222956368c8.png

the second one is "the farm soil produced by the garden hoe could prevent the sporecap of toadstool from growing" as shown in the GIF. is that been ever published by any others? if so i would apologize for my recklessness.

Spoiler

1010260483_.gif.9062702263ad2a81965cc16d791abd8c.gif

once the farm soil grom a plant, it lose the ability to prevent the sporecap. i first see it in this link.

Edited by dish-order man
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

38 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

the first one is  "Wanda's ghost which equiped alarming clock been attacked by the great gestalt in lunar grotto"

I initially thought all characters drop their items on death, but turns out Wanda's clocks remain on her (both in her inventory AND in her hand equip slot).

I don't know about all the other stuff you mentioned, but the fact that Wanda's clocks can still remain on her even after death is a noteworthy mechanic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1