Any unknown mechanic to share?

2 minutes ago, zenburu said:

You can place your bee boxes on boats to avoid Bearger being atracted to them and destroying everything

bearger.thumb.png.cc50620e3691f12ed3b6873c915c029c.png

Let winnie the pooh eat bro.

Heres my tip:

If you find yourself in complete darkness with no light source just close your eyes and Charlie wont be able to see you...

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, zenburu said:

You can place your bee boxes on boats to avoid Bearger being atracted to them and destroying everything

bearger.thumb.png.cc50620e3691f12ed3b6873c915c029c.png

This makes harvesting honey a chore since bees ignore all pathing obstacles when they are above water. I can spend less time running back and forth collecting honey with fences and gates compared to this. But this is useful info.

For the deer saviors.

You can free Gem deers without killing Klaus by teleporting Klaus away. He'll probably enrage wherever he went but it's worth it for saving the deers early.
unknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so can you farm deers if you start the fight over and over?

Yes! You can free them, and if I recall correctly... deers that break free from their collars don't despawn like regular ones do.
So if you're using a purple staff, which would cost you 2 purple gems, and use up the staff entirely you'd end up with 5 red and blue gems.

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Bat bats go brrrrr

This information is for ethical freeing only not horrendous murder!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Yes! You can free them, and if I recall correctly... deers that break free from their collars don't despawn like regular ones do.
So if you're using a purple staff, which would cost you 2 purple gems, and use up the staff entirely you'd end up with 5 red and blue gems

exactly, klaus ones doest despawn and according to someone i dont remember, the ones with the antlers dont despawn if they are near buildings

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

So if you're using a purple staff, which would cost you 2 purple gems, and use up the staff entirely you'd end up with 5 red and blue gems.

This information is for ethical freeing only not horrendous murder!!

iirc the deer he spawn don't de-spawn, and don't grow horns either...  It would be unethical not to murder them.  The overpopulation would wreck the local ecosystem!  The world wasn't made for 5 blue and red gem deer in such a short time!  THINK OF THE CHILDRENS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

48 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

What I meant was that this seems like a good way to get early purple gems haha. Sorry didn't mean to give you a fright. 

But you need purple gems to craft the Shadow Manipulator AND the telelocator staff in order to be able to do this :crushed:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

But you need purple gems to craft the Shadow Manipulator AND the telelocator staff in order to be able to do this :crushed:

Between graves and dfly you usually get a few purple gems to get you started.  If you didn't rush ruins, this could give you the extra purple gems you need to get the portal upgraded, some red gems for lgas, or maybe a second furnace to superheat at base.  idk why but I find red gems are always harder to get when I don't rush ruins.

Its not like you gotta save the antlers since you get like 5+ each year and can only do 1 XD

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

What I meant was that this seems like a good way to get early purple gems haha. Sorry didn't mean to give you a fright. 

You don't need to teleport Klaus if wanting early "free" gems from No-Eye Deers. Just block the Deers (easiest, resource-free, being with Fossils), and can convert 6 Antlers into 12 Gems. Klaus Deers tend to accumulate anyway in long-lived worlds of experienced players, hence this method doesn't stand to much reason. Their utility goes in either certain boss farms (as blockers) or decorative "zoos". But from what I've seen in Endless pubs they usually get slowly killed, in Mosaic from Meteors and/or Tallbirds, in Deciduous Forests from rogue Hounds (via periodic waves), spawned Vargs and/or Giants (Deerclops the most).

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

You don't need to teleport Klaus if wanting early "free" gems from No-Eye Deers. Just block the Deers (easiest, resource-free, being with Fossils), and can convert 6 Antlers into 12 Gems.

How does blocking the deer allow you to farm gems? And in what crafting recipe can you turn antlers into gems?

Klaus Deers tend to accumulate anyway in long-lived worlds of experienced players, hence this method doesn't stand to much reason. Their utility goes in either certain boss farms (as blockers) or decorative "zoos". But from what I've seen in Endless pubs they usually get slowly killed, in Mosaic from Meteors and/or Tallbirds, in Deciduous Forests from rogue Hounds (via periodic waves), spawned Vargs and/or Giants (Deerclops the most).

I don't understand what this has to do with gems? My interest was never in trying to keep the deer around.

With a single telelocator it seems you can obtain a purple gem per teleport, granted klaus has to be teleported away far enough. Klaus' deer drop gems only once and never drop antlers so I don't know what your comment is about.

Edited by HowlVoid

21 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

How does blocking the deer allow you to farm gems? And in what crafting recipe can you turn antlers into gems?

to obtain the same thing you get via telelocating klaus, unlink them from klaus

block them with the fossils and lure klaus far away until they are free and he enrages. Is the same but without wasting telelocator staff

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

to obtain the same thing you get via telelocating klaus, unlink them from klaus

block them with the fossils and lure klaus far away until they are free and he enrages. Is the same but without wasting telelocator staff

Klaus is tethered to the loot stash, how do you lure it?

And the person above specifically mentioned converting antlers into gems.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Klaus is tethered to the loot stash, how do you lure it?

And the person above specifically mentioned converting antlers into gems.

because if there is enough distance between klaus and the deers those get unlinked so, by farming antlers, you can repeat the fight over and over to get gems with the fossils method or the telelocator staff one

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because if there is enough distance between klaus and the deers those get unlinked so, by farming antlers, you can repeat the fight over and over to get gems with the fossils method or the telelocator staff one

How do you lure it when it returns to the stash after a set distance?

Just now, HowlVoid said:

How do you lure it when it returns to the stash after a set distance?

because you lock the deers in the opposite site of the sack range, you lure klaus to the other side so the deers unlink before klaus come back to the sack

they dont need that much distance to unlink

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because you lock the deers in the opposite site of the sack range, you lure klaus to the other side so the deers unlink before klaus come back to the sack

they dont need that much distance to unlink

Ah ok thanks, I never tried the that method and his comment has some key details missing. I think Wormwood specifically can afford the craft telelocator staffs for the faster method that doesn't involve any set up (I imagine you need to pan flute them to block the deer). Having an enraged klaus walking behind you as you try to pick up the gems and kill the deer for extra meat sounds risky too.

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Ah ok thanks, I never tried the that method and his comment has some key details missing. I think Wormwood specifically can afford the craft telelocator staffs for the faster method that doesn't involve any set up (I imagine you need to pan flute them to block the deer). Having an enraged klaus walking behind you as you try to pick up the gems and kill the deer for extra meat sounds risky too.

you dont need to pick the stuff while klaus is on you. Leave the area in the right moment he enrages and come back after unloaded to repeat the proccess if you have more antlers or kill the deers and pick the stuff

the pan flute helps, take in count that they always walk together at the same distance so you can calculate where place the fossils so klaus walks between them but the deers get stuck

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you dont need to pick the stuff while klaus is on you. Leave the area in the right moment he enrages and come back after unloaded to repeat the proccess if you have more antlers or kill the deers and pick the stuff

the pan flute helps, take in count that they always walk together at the same distance so you can calculate where place the fossils so klaus walks between them but the deers get stuck

Is there a way to do it reliably without a panflute?