Any unknown mechanic to share?

On 5/22/2021 at 8:25 PM, LEX-7O2 said:

If you hold shift while trying to place a mini sign over a chest it will automatically target the center of the chest  when placing, very handy for base building

Its worth mentioning that it is only possible with Action Queue RB2 mod enabled

On 10/10/2021 at 1:28 PM, BezKa said:

They do that face because it damages them. You can feed it any food that takes away health, like green or red caps, and they will wince because they're actually losing health. Don't overdo it with the cactus ;)

@zacqiang about the wincing, it happens also when food have negative hunger value (for example cooked moon shroom)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

· 海草掉落的种壳是一个远程武器

使用它们攻击鸟类可以得到滚动的鸟——可以捡起来的状态

· 某些物体是有Y轴的,种壳、水弹、睡弹被投掷,飞行中也是有体积的,所以投掷它们的弹道有可能被有Y轴(高度)的物体挡住

比如蜂后巨大的巢,猪房,兔房,矿石

· 长按类操作的同时按下tab+alt键切屏,游戏内可以维持原来的长按操作

F键,长按时切屏,打犀牛,站撸蜂后时直接可以切屏做其他事

空格键

鼠标左键

· 月岛的蝾螈,会跟随携带暖石的玩家

· 南瓜人的头有10种

· 亮起鳞片,三连拍之前的龙蝇,极小概率能被攻击打断暴怒状态,动画效果跟暴怒效果自然结束时的一致

· 眼骨与舞台生成位置的规则:
(以优先级排序,在地图上同时存在这些区域时按排序的优先顺序)(1)池塘区一,为一片池塘,一般会有卵石路,主要是浅绿地皮,有小片深绿地皮,舞台在深绿、浅绿交界的深绿地皮上,眼骨处大多能看到一片鼹鼠窝(2)猪村森林,多在猪村森林的标志地皮——小片沼泽上,舞台基本都在森林的猪村附近的深绿地皮空地上(3)池塘区二,与池塘一不同,有更多片的池塘,主要是深绿地皮,有小片浅绿地皮,舞台仍在深绿地皮上。(4)沼泽区
当地图上没有前三种区域时,卵石路和眼骨存在于沼泽区,而舞台会在(应该是随机位置)的深绿地皮上。最近发现舞台不是一定在深绿色地皮上

· 草蜥蜴在下雨时一旦站立就不会趴下休息,直到雨停

· 熊大冲锋的中途,丢下食物可以打断冲锋

· 风暴天气下,熊大攻击拍的月熠比用镐子敲的多出一倍

· 使用排箫或睡弹使鸟睡着时,催眠生效时刻如果鸟正好是飞走/飞下的状态,鸟会滚动——可以捡起来的状态

被捕获(捕虫网或食人花)又重获自由的蚊子,多数会径直飞往地图正中心

无聊的时候寻找一些东西会开出的东西,比如赃物袋、沉底宝箱(没找到)、锤远古塔

每锤一次远古塔就会刷出一次物品(图片)

于 2021/9/16 于 AM 5:26, HowlVoid 说道:

车站怎么掉肉人像? 不是结构吗? 

QQ截图20211018102800.png

于 2021/8/3 于 AM8:55, Guille6785 说道:

并非总是如此,但它相当普遍

大矿区总是只跟一个区域相连

非“分支-从不”设置下的地图,出生门总是跟混合区(岩穴、坟场)相连

不知道有没有人遇见例外的

Not really a recent discovery, but if you heat a few thermal stones to the highest temperature then store them in a bundling wrap, you can survive winter a few days outside of base with the second least amount of cost in materials (12 grass if you have 4 hot thermals) and the most time saved since you don't have to take time to heat up the thermals until after you expend all the warmth. Useful if you travel to places where there aren't any trees to burn eg. rocky biome / ruins. Cheapest option would always be torch + random tree though if time is not considered.

This method is not viable in summer since Ice Chester would a much cheaper alternative, and only 2 thermal stones are required so the initial cost is also cheaper compared to the method above (4 thermals in wrap + 1 thermal in inventory vs juggling 2 thermals in Ice Chester).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Sanity 1

Not in-game related, but useful knowledge otherwise.

In the event that you unraveled the wrong DST skin, it's possible to get it back by clicking the 'Rollback' button in your own Klei account to revert the process.

image.png.95125a24d83486a5ed87426b714f7d32.png

Take note that the rolling back option only works one month from the date of unravelling.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

i guess this is very known but i just remember the other day that you can hire clockworks by repairing the broken clockworks from the ruins with gears. The will follow you until death or until you go to the surface (in ds, if im not remembering wrong, they follow you to the surface) so you can have a cave army

just a little problem, they aggro you if you hit a clockwork so better use them for killing cave bosses or cleaning biomes filled with enemies

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, I am Armor said:

The failed survivors setting in world generation affects all setpieces not just the failed survivors, meaning it will increase (or decrease) the number of failed survivors and setpieces that aren't guarenteed like triple mactusk, tallbird fortress and reed trap.

Triple mactusk isn't a setpiece, it's a biome.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

The only biome that can be missing in the world?

Theres a lot of biomes that can be missing in the world. The 2nd deciduous, killer bee biome, spider quarry, I'm sure theres some more I'm missing.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Theres a lot of biomes that can be missing in the world. The 2nd deciduous, killer bee biome, spider quarry, I'm sure theres some more I'm missing.

I wouldn't consider 2nd decidious as different biome. And I didn't actually know that killer bee biome can be missing lol. What is spider quarry? a lot of spider dens on the rocky biome?

11 minutes ago, Hornete said:

rocky biome isnt guaranteed neither

edit: and i might be wrong or be a DS thing but i remember worlds with a second swamp (not the little one in dark forest, a huge one)

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Really? Huh...

yep i had worlds without rocky biome, imaging farming cobblestone before the grotto and archives update in one of these worlds

maybe is guaranteed to have one of the 2 kind of rocky biome, the one that is a pure rocky biome and the little one pasted to a spider forest  edit 2 shows that i was wrong

i cant remember, maybe these worlds just had little rocky biomes near spider forest (thing that im sure happend to me). But im sure that the pure rocky biome isnt guaranteed

edit: another optional biome is the secondary meteor field that often is near the oasis -.-'

edit2: here is a screenshot of a non rocky biome world made when wendy refresh was released

Spoiler

20211025202129_1.thumb.jpg.ef399fc639408222fe6d3ab2aba0dfe8.jpg

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hornete said:

A smallish rocky biome with a lot of spider dens, yes. I believe its generally bordered by a forest/one of the deserts too.

Had that one on my Wormwood's world. It was between Oasis and Pig King's Decidous forest

Ludicrous amount of spider nests that already went tier 3 before i got there.

Clearing that out was ... "fun" 

Edited by ALCRD

Here's the list of biomes that are not gaurenteed:

Second pig village, Spider quarry, Killer bee biome, Second meteor field biome, Triple mactusk, Second decidious, Rocky biome, Triple moose-goose biome, "Magic meadow" (A biome with a bunch of ponds), and "Frogs and bugs" (Another biome with a bunch of ponds)

In total, that's 10 optional biomes, and the game randomly chooses 5 of them, which means each have a 50% chance of appearing.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:46 PM, zacqiang said:

This method is not viable in summer since Ice Chester would a much cheaper alternative, and only 2 thermal stones are required so the initial cost is also cheaper compared to the method above (4 thermals in wrap + 1 thermal in inventory vs juggling 2 thermals in Ice Chester).

There's only one snow chester so it's definitely still viable, if you want to use stones instead of clothes. But with how strong luxury fans and blue amulets are I never use stones for summer.

4 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I wouldn't consider 2nd decidious as different biome.

You might not consider it its own biome, but the game does.

• Like 3

A couple things:

1) If you plan to spend a longer time in caves/ruins, just a safe spot with a crockpot, 5 grasstufts and a twiggy tree can save lifes.

2) Healing food you can make from scratch in the ruins besides Unagi are Fruit Medley (3 bananas, 1 twig) and Spicy Chili (1 monstermeat, 1 morsel, 2 lichen).

3) You can always replace twigs as fillers with bone shards. You can turn bone shards into fertilizer by cooking them into goop, in case you have excessive amounts.

4) A good way to clean out killer bee fields is by placing a bunch of lureplant there. Get the bees out and lure them close to the eyeplants, which will just swallow them one by one so you can break the hives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

You can turn bone shards into fertilizer by cooking them into goop, in case you have excessive amounts.

Warly mains:

Spoiler

What Gordon Ramsey & Hell's Kitchen Taught Me About My Job

Tip: If you are playing as Wes and you want to destroy a level 2 or level 3 spider den but you don't have a walking cane to lure the Spider Warrior out of the den without it lunging: use a speedy balloon to hit and run from the den and lure the spider into a trap, then quickly destroy the den before it spawns more spiders.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zaptrap said:

Triple mactusk isn't a setpiece, it's a biome.

I included it because in my experience when I set failed survivors to more a triple mactusk has appeard more often then not.

Edited by I am Armor
accidentally used a comma instead of a dot

On 10/25/2021 at 1:21 PM, I am Armor said:

The failed survivors setting in world generation affects all setpieces not just the failed survivors, meaning it will increase (or decrease) the number of failed survivors and setpieces that aren't guarenteed like triple mactusk, tallbird fortress and reed trap.

this is huge if it's true, especially for console players who can't use mods to force certain set pieces and it can take hours+ to find a triplemac or a reed trap world. Are you sure about this? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

this is huge if it's true, especially for console players who can't use mods to force certain set pieces and it can take hours+ to find a triplemac or a reed trap world. Are you sure about this? 

Yes from personal experience there have usualy been a higher number of setpieces and the wiki also says that it increases the number of setpieces.

Failed Survivors
Set Pieces Settings Icon.png
Determines the amount of naturally spawning Set Pieces.
Available options are none, less, default, more and lots.