Any unknown mechanic to share?

2 minutes ago, I am Armor said:

Ill try to confirm it when I get home by turning them to none and will report back to see if it works

Hmmm that wont confirm the mechanic but would be nice of you

For manually understand how this works we would need to create many worlds to discart low % things. We cant create facts from personal experience and less when the amount of data is small.

I wish someone comes with a bunch of lua lines showing how that works

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Hmmm that wont confirm the mechanic but would be nice of you

For manually understand how this works we would need to create many worlds to discart low % things. We cant create facts from personal experience and less when the amount of data is small.

I wish someone comes with a bunch of lua lines showing how that works

I meant that if I set them to none then none of the setpieces mentioned Here would spawn.

(I know that you said that you wont take the wiki as a true fact but I just used it as a collection of the setpieces)

44 minutes ago, I am Armor said:

I meant that if I set them to none then none of the setpieces mentioned Here would spawn.

(I know that you said that you wont take the wiki as a true fact but I just used it as a collection of the setpieces)

i get what you mean but what i try to said is that one world without set pieces wont confirm 100% it

if i have time later i will try to generate worlds to have more data

anyways, thanks for the tip since i have bad luck when it comes to cool set pieces so this will help a lot

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

17 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i get what you mean but what i try to said is that one world without set pieces wont confirm 100% it

I know that and what I meant is that if it has no set pieces it will suggest that it could be true but if it has set pieces it will disprove what I said.

• Like 1

8格地皮的长度是个通用的单位

高鸟追击目标的最大距离

独眼能看到的建筑的距离

蜘蛛的群体仇恨距离

牛的群体仇恨距离

没测试猪人、兔人的群体仇恨距离

攻击向前踏步

大部分生物在攻击玩家时

如果玩家走位超出了该生物的攻击距离,那么该生物以后的攻击,会伴随着试图贴近玩家的移动

只有bearger、青蛙、猪人、兔人、鱼人、等少数几种生物发起攻击时始终保持刚好能攻击到目标的距离

多台发电机共用投石机时,投石机会消耗哪台发电机是个有趣的问题,好奇的人可以去尝试一下,我很想知道为什么会那样

所有远程攻击类型中,大概只有回旋镖是锁定目标的,其他的攻击方式都是有体积的弹药,包括刚羊吐的口水,所以它们都有可能被东西挡下来

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

12 hours ago, willell said:

The length of the 8-block plot is a universal unit. The maximum distance for the high bird to chase the target. The distance to the building that can be seen by one eye. The group hatred distance of the spider. The group hatred distance of the cow. When some creatures attack the player, if the player moves beyond the creature’s attack distance, then the creature’s subsequent attacks will be accompanied by attempts to move closer to the player. Only bearger, frog, pigman, bunny, murloc, etc. When a creature initiates an attack, it always keeps just the distance to the target. When multiple generators share a trebuchet, which generator is consumed by the trebuchet is an interesting question. Those who are curious can try it out. I would like to know why that happens. Of all the types of long-range attacks, probably only the boomerang is used to lock the target, and other attack methods are bulky ammunition, including the saliva of the sheep, so they may be blocked by things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You can catch fishes without struggling by reeling the lure until you can't reel it anymore. If the lure is attached to the edge and the fish bites it you only have to click "Catch". No more waiting 5-10 seconds to reel in a struggling big fish.

• Like 4

I feel like this was included in some update, but:

If you disconnect from a server while a boat's mast is down it will raise at the moment you disconnect and be where it was for the last time when you come back. This can save your boat if you for any reason can't control it or if you accidentally jump to land and your boat keeps moving into the infinity and beyond without you (yeah, this is how I got stranded in Pearl's island once).

I don't know if it works if someone else stays in the server once you disconnect.

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 1:46 PM, DelroyBM said:

You can catch fishes without struggling by reeling the lure until you can't reel it anymore. If the lure is attached to the edge and the fish bites it you only have to click "Catch". No more waiting 5-10 seconds to reel in a struggling big fish.

I feel it should be mentioned that you can usually only reel the bait close enough for an insta-catch by holding the mouse button. Reeling via repeated clicks will make the Stop prompt so up way too soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I feel it should be mentioned that you can usually only reel the bait close enough for an insta-catch by holding the mouse button. Reeling via repeated clicks will make the Stop prompt so up way too soon.

That's correct, thanks. Don't be afraid to hold the reel button for too long, it won't pick up the bait unless you hold and click it again when it's close. If you click the reel button repeatedly until it's close it could or could not end close enough for that insta-catch, but holding it is a secure catch unless there's any object, structure or piece of land between.

• Like 1

The new “game is paused” menu allows you to cycle through your crafting tab to view all the games various craftables- not very useful information if you just spoil everything by reading Wiki pages, but absolutely INVALUABLE if your playing without a Wiki guide and are still staring at the little image in a crafting recipe thinking to yourself- “Wait does this require Moonglass or Cookie Cutter Shells?” 

This is also equally largely why I laugh at the thought of the game getting a tutorial, you can already toggle off most game features & scroll through the crafting tabs while the world around you is paused- what more could you possibly need?

Even if you turn OFF Auto Pause, you can still Manually Pause & the Inventory tab still is viewable- you can’t CRAFT anything until you unpause but you can memorize what you need in the crafting recipe and all without ever needing to look on Wiki.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is just a passive agressive way of telling us that he feels superior than people who spoils with wiki or ask for a tutorial.

nothing new...

Not really no, idc if you do or don’t read the Wiki, I do however think it is quite great Klei continues to incorporate more and more content Cookbook, Plant Registry, being able to pause the entire world and view crafting recipes.. etc for people to learn in game- should they CHOOSE not to look it up Online.

You heavily heavily underestimate the fact: Console players usually don’t look things up on a Wiki page, and it’s great that there are now ways within the game itself to learn.

I wish Klei would also add all the games animated shorts and update trailers into the Compendium cinematics tab- so the games LORE is also right there within the game for people to discover without having to scour the Internet for it.

It’s not a “Haha I’m better than you” Complex, it’s actually- “Thanking You Klei for making things simple to find/understand from within the game itself”

and for there to be like/thanks reactions on my post- means it was useful knowledge to at least ONE other person worth sharing.

But Anyways, yeah.. another useful thing I was not aware of- You can feed Merms glow berries to use them as Flashlights like the light that Abigail gives off when at Max Health.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not really no, idc if you do or don’t read the Wiki, I do however think it is quite great Klei continues to incorporate more and more content Cookbook, Plant Registry, being able to pause the entire world and view crafting recipes.. etc for people to learn in game- should they CHOOSE not to look it up Online

totally agree. I would love a fish register so i dont waste time trying to remember in which area i have found each fish. The plant registry was a huge right step

You heavily heavily underestimate the fact: Console players usually don’t look things up on a Wiki page, and it’s great that there are now ways within the game itself to learn.

i dont think there is a difference between pc and console players in that regard...sound more like biased opinion. A huge amount of players have phone with internet connection

I wish Klei would also add all the games animated shorts and update trailers into the Compendium cinematics tab- so the games LORE is also right there within the game for people to discover without having to scour the Internet for it.

not only that but update trailers helped me a lot to figure out a lot of the content like the moonrock base, the archives puzzle, shadow pieces or that time i see a wilson saying "i can share what i discovered" when examine the cartographer desk and instaly know that they added a way to share your map

It’s not a “Haha I’m better than you” Complex, it’s actually- “Thanking You Klei for making things simple to find/understand from within the game itself”

it wouldnt be if wasnt because you said things like:

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

not very useful information if you just spoil everything by reading Wiki pages

which doesnt matter since, even if you spoil with the wiki, as a new player you will find useful navigating throw the crafting menu without worry about time passing

or

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

why I laugh at the thought of the game getting a tutorial

i dont like having tutorials but saying it in that way is kinda rude. That i say this when im normally rude can tell you a hint of how it might sound for other people. Maybe you didnt wish to sound in that way, maybe is your way of talk like mine is being a little rude (srly i talk like this all the time, isnt like im being really rude xD)

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, reallychina said:

This is very smart. I was thinking of ways to quickly get the lightbulbs to follow you. They don't spoil in the crown, do they?

Having 1x Enlightened Crown Shard in your Mushroom Lights prevents all other light-items in Shroom Light from ever spoiling - a pretty neat thing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they are inside of a mushlight, the crown only accepts spores

i noticed this after. was hoping to have an on demand item to get bulbs to follow

14 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Having 1x Enlightened Crown Shard in your Mushroom Lights prevents all other light-items in Shroom Light from ever spoiling - a pretty neat thing.

i know but those are live mobs so i was wondering if they are included

The thing i was hoping for is that if you put one light bulb in a mushlight or glowcap you can force 3 more to fixate on it. It appears this is not the case and as soon as you socket the lamp, the other bulbs lose attention

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallychina said:

i noticed this after. was hoping to have an on demand item to get bulbs to follow

i know but those are live mobs so i was wondering if they are included

The thing i was hoping for is that if you put one light bulb in a mushlight or glowcap you can force 3 more to fixate on it. It appears this is not the case and as soon as you socket the lamp, the other bulbs lose attention

Yeah they lose interest if the lightbug isn't on you, but the lightbugs don't travel far from where you dropped them so you can have some free bugs roaming around and some in a lamp and take it with you if you wanna gather a group around you.

I have bugs in this lamp

unknown.png

and some free bugs around, they've barely left where I dropped em years ago, they make for nice travel companions 

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1