watermelen671

Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

Recommended Posts

DragonMage156    27685
On 6/28/2021 at 10:09 PM, -Variant said:

There's like, literally a million and 2 (exaggeration but there's a lot) of unused content, but I feel this in particular will spark interest.
It's the Otter, the one that had the datamined sounds from like years ago!
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

OTTER!!! :<

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovely Roses    736

 I'm not sure how helpful this is but...in the playlist section of klei's youtube channel there is a playlist with 6 streams on it, with only 3 of them being don't starve related. I haven't watched all of them but they seem fairly interesting.     

  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Medic    1387
8 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Does anyone know how much his information is reliable? 

2021-07-20_23-19-58.thumb.png.7ed7e8b4a1ecd3bc617655b4332fea0e.png

i mean i dont remember his profiel icon lookin like "blue hair girl" its more like a man havin like a smoke pipe thing on him so why of all things would he there have a differend icon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    7665
14 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

i mean i dont remember his profiel icon lookin like "blue hair girl" its more like a man havin like a smoke pipe thing on him so why of all things would he there have a differend icon?

That's Zarklord, another Klei dev. I'm pretty sure the one you're thinking of is JoeW, the smoke pipe guy.

Edited by -Variant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    4060
3 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Please don't take what I said seriously, this is me messing with some friends of mine in a way that I do almost every update, even if August 5th is the date(it may or may not be :]) I'm not gonna be the person to announce something like this.

TL;DR. no.

2130337026_giphy(3).gif.89b4eecce51318b0ebf202e88a48875f.gif

  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunset Skye    12443
5 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Please don't take what I said seriously, this is me messing with some friends of mine in a way that I do almost every update

I've seen screenshots floating around of Discord messages of you talking about a supposed "complete boat overhaul", is that also just a joke taken out of context?

  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    88760
1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

I've seen screenshots floating around of Discord messages of you talking about a supposed "complete boat overhaul", is that also just a joke taken out of context?

I saw one of the devs mention it in a bug report

Quote

  On 6/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, ScottHansen said:

The boats is a know issue and is currently being worked on and we hope to have it ready for the next beta.

Thank you for letting us know about the bullkelp. We had done pass on it before but it looks like we will need to look at it again.

Preview for a upcoming update. Sounds good.

  1. unknown.png

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudinDePan    21

Hello! Im not sure if i can asky something like this but i will give it a shot. I want to stop regrowth on some areas of a cave base, totally. Im aware of some torfs that stop it but only a few ones, and i wanna know how can i add variety to this so doesnt all look the same. I searched it up and aparently turfs are divided in soft and hard turfs, and the last ones are the ones that stop regrowth.  So i wannaknow if is there some tag to know wich ones im able to use? Iguess not,or it would be in the wiki or spreaded in internet since i know several peps ask this constantly. Anyway thanks you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    10368
55 minutes ago, BudinDePan said:

Hello! Im not sure if i can asky something like this but i will give it a shot. I want to stop regrowth on some areas of a cave base, totally. Im aware of some torfs that stop it but only a few ones, and i wanna know how can i add variety to this so doesnt all look the same. I searched it up and aparently turfs are divided in soft and hard turfs, and the last ones are the ones that stop regrowth.  So i wannaknow if is there some tag to know wich ones im able to use? Iguess not,or it would be in the wiki or spreaded in internet since i know several peps ask this constantly. Anyway thanks you in advance!

Builds stop regrowth too like walls, lighting rods, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tim S.    582

Where can I find the audio of Wes' Idle animation (the one where he breathes in and you can kinda hear his cute high-pitched voice)?

Also, is it just me or do the Science Machine and Alchemy Engine feature different animations when opening daily gifts? I might be wrong, but I swear I saw these "lunar"-like white thunderbolts appear

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cassielu    554
On 7/17/2021 at 7:00 AM, Deerclops Mika said:

I noticed that a lot of information about the production and lore of games can be found by watching the Klei streams. However, Twitch deletes stirms, so I decided to create a channel where I will re-upload all stirms. I'm not sure if this is actually needed or not, so I'm interested in your opinion of this.

So far, there is only a stream associated with Webber's rework.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC695lpBL7UTdL6aqr0JQ24A

Nice job, archiving these Streams is valuable to the community.

And Here are the last there RWP videos, uploaded by Klei themselves, but if Klei deleted the videos from Twitch, I'm afraid they might also delete them for the same reason.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ub4y1o7uy

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deerclops Mika    656
17 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Nice job, archiving these Streams is valuable to the community.

And Here are the last there RWP videos, uploaded by Klei themselves, but if Klei deleted the videos from Twitch, I'm afraid they might also delete them for the same reason.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ub4y1o7uy

 

Klei does not delete videos from twitch on its own, video are deleted by twitch itself. Twitch does not store videos like YouTube, it deletes old streams.

On the Wes rework stream, there are a lot of concept art that hasn't been published on the wiki yet. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow, but if someone wants to publish all the concept art on the wiki before me or just wondering, then here's their stream (it is no longer available on twitch) 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alainmcd    901

Spoilers and such: new public beta branch "updatebeta" for the upcoming update "Waterlogged", includes 64bit execs for Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ModsterMash    675

I'm very pleased to see more people archiving streams! I have also been uploading some to my YouTube channel and have a table of those VODs and others on my wiki user page (scroll down to the section Rhymes With Play VODs). All the TBAs are ones I have yet to upload heh, I am a wee bit behind.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.lemonti    1767
8 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Could I have the full sprite of the new beeeeg tree?

Grow

Spoiler

oceantree_pillar_small-grow.gif.067bdbb3d80eb24638cd0b751d45f3ac.thumb.gif.83eef61dca73c78e553831055e2e0e2d.gif

Hit

Spoiler

oceantree_pillar_1-hit.gif.281a417bc74c88823d8766dc5bd4f19e.thumb.gif.fb2c2a6412239e2d599da6df77fe8c61.gif

Fall

Spoiler

oceantree_pillar_small-fall.gif.99262e01f12226c337ff1a1088362278.thumb.gif.da241dbf450fa681015650b2aee60dff.gif

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    7665
9 hours ago, Cassielu said:

All player character animations have been modified.

Anybody know what was added?

I noticed that too... All of the animations were updated but its hard to tell if they were changed or not.
I noticed some had fixed symbol placement, like the portal construction animations had messed up feet but they're fine now.
And I also noticed the knob on the fishing rod seems more jittery now... Unsure what's up exactly.

  • Sanity 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now