Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

44 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

I found these in language file...

Yeah these strings were added quite a while ago, I believe China has laws about having to remind the player to not play for too long, as a means to fight addiction to the game so these are likely used in the Tencent version of the game, though I can not confirm.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Hornete said:

so these are likely used in the Tencent version of the game, though I can not confirm.

Unfortunately the Tencent version doesn't use the strings, and they don't appear to have been written for Chinese laws (1.5 hours limit a day for minors) so maybe they'll be used elsewhere, or maybe it's already in the trash in Klei's office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

ezgif-2-b04b111d741f.gif.dc3a712dad2b121

I wish they add this little fella to another ocean biome

I love them so much! I asked why they were scrapped during the stream and lemoncookie(Klei artist) said it was because of time. Hopefully they'll reuse it in the next update or after, they're very cute.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 3

I have 2 questions:

1. How do I compile ancient fuelweaver so I have both the skeleton and shadow build in the same spriter? I only get the naked skeleton or the shadow cloth thing individually.

2. How do I get the tier 2 and tier 3 animations of the shadow pieces? I'm only able to get the tier 1 animations.

Thanks

• Big Ups 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, Hornete said:

I love them so much! I asked why they were scrapped during the stream and lemoncookie(Klei artist) said it was because of time. Hopefully they'll reuse it in the next update or after, they're very cute.

Ooo Water Lilly creature! Hahaha I love him/her/it :wilson_love:

On 8/21/2021 at 7:22 AM, lakhnish said:

I have 2 questions:

1. How do I compile ancient fuelweaver so I have both the skeleton and shadow build in the same spriter? I only get the naked skeleton or the shadow cloth thing individually.

2. How do I get the tier 2 and tier 3 animations of the shadow pieces? I'm only able to get the tier 1 animations.

Thanks

This is something Ktools  can't do, as these are both done in game via code.
The Shadow pieces have their builds changed for their tiers, and Fuelweaver is animated in 2 halves like that and put together via a build overlay in game. It's a hassle I know. :'{

Edited by -Variant

34 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Don't quote me on this but I'm not sure this is something Spriter can do

Better wording would be its something the ktools can not do, it can be done, ktools unfortunately just does not support it.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, lakhnish said:

This feature is locked behind Spriter Pro. Though, you can just merge sprites using GIMP. It is a dull work though, but does its job in the end.

wojna szympansów.gif

• Like 3

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

This is something Ktools  can't do, as these are both done in game via code.
The Shadow pieces have their builds changed for their tiers, and Fuelweaver is animated in 2 halves like that and put together via a build overlay in game. It's a hassle I know. :'{

Edited 12 hours ago by -

I was able to resolve issue #2 thanks to a McNugget in the klei discord. The way to get tier 2 and 3 animations is as follows:

1. Extract the tier 1 shadow as you normally would.

2. Move its content to a separate folder.

3. Extract the upgrade build folder of the shadow piece alongside the anim file of its tier 1 version.

Between the files you've extracted for the tier 1 shadow and upgrade builds, you'll notice they share similar folder names. In the upgrade build, 1 means tier 2, and 2 means tier 3.

4. Pick which tier you want and rename both the folder AND the contents inside to match it's tier 1 folder. (Example: For shadow rook, golder base1 will be renamed to base and the contents inside will match its T1 folder).

5. Do that for all shared folders in the upgrade build output.

6. From the T1 folder, move the shadow spriter and all the folders that the upgrade folder is missing (like the fx folders and whatever else there is).

7. Open the original shadow spriter (not the upgrade one). It'll compile and show you the animations. If it says it's missing images, you either didn't rename everything properly or missed a folder.

For the FW issue, I took a frame from each animation and layered them on top of each other in an image editor (I use GIMP). My goal was to use specific frames for a thumbnail at the ebd of the day.

Does anyone have the quotes for Maxwell from solo DS and compared to DST? I feel like there may be some huge LORE in his quotes alone but I really don’t feel like running around as Maxwell in both games examining everything to see what quotes changed.

One of the ones I’m curious about is his quote from Solo DS when examining Gears “My Pets!! What has happened to You?!” 
Maxwells got a lot of answering to do…. And I can only hope his refresh is saved rightfully for last.

13 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

That's referring to the clockworks he made.

It's so confusing. A lot of his quotes imply he made them, but then there's also the fact they're seen in the real world and quotes like this.
image.thumb.png.e5c2dcefdaa2d9b5a61eb2ceb4b29a2e.png
I imagine he's just taking credits for repairing and setting them up again, it'd make more sense for there to be a literal army underground too, I never understood why there'd be so many down there if he made them.

• Like 4

On 8/29/2021 at 6:32 AM, Deerclops Mika said:

Does anyone still have pyro files from DS? I seem to have found animation files for him in DS Newhome files

I don't think those exist. The animations were put up on the wiki already by somebody (nothing that unique) but what's interesting to note is that the shooting animation is pretty much wheeler's pewmatic shooting animation. I never noticed how close her animation was to what I believe is the scorch shot taunt animation in TF2