Wortox Arrives March 28th!

17 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Wortox here is like, full on furry.

see I don't see it xD granted my experience with Furries are the pictures you see online of the overly stylized animal outfits or the cartoon drawings, but they always seem to have overly cartoonish and anthropomorphized faces and bodies, putting particular emphasis on more human anatomy

Wartox just looks...like a hairy dog demon, to me. He's humanoid shaped, but not excessively anatomical, and his face isn't as stylized and cartoony as you'd expect from the other Furry examples out there

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

How is that any different from condensed nightmares that cause people to leave their fleshy mortal bodies? 

I'm not exactly certain what you're referring to (unless you're talking about shadows just straight up murdering people). But yeah, ghosts and souls exist in the DS/T universe. I'm just saying that it feels weird that they could be eaten and used to heal people. The difference is that the primary supernatural force in DS/T are shadows/Them, and suddenly souls become a new one that can be toyed with. The whole idea of souls was never really explored much until now.

I'm just saying that it feels weird is all. At least, without any context anyway. If the cinematic and/or character dialogue explains it well enough, then it likely won't be as strange.

Funny how His nose looks like Klaus. That dog kind of shape nose. Bec Klaus is blind his ability is track playiers with smell. like dogs and wolfs are known really good at smelling their prey. Even hunter usualy told us thet wolf can smell gunpowder of the huntsmen so they move more far away from it when they smell it. 

Like look at their jaw and nose area and how the neck hair goes like same way even horns are similar but klaus has like red white color instead

DA0795E5-7D37-4F99-9933-C41258922103.jpeg

84EA88A1-15A8-46FA-8A90-DCF8DD47D04B.png

1 hour ago, Jynn said:

see I don't see it xD granted my experience with Furries are the pictures you see online of the overly stylized animal outfits or the cartoon drawings, but they always seem to have overly cartoonish and anthropomorphized faces and bodies, putting particular emphasis on more human anatomy

Wartox just looks...like a hairy dog demon, to me. He's humanoid shaped, but not excessively anatomical, and his face isn't as stylized and cartoony as you'd expect from the other Furry examples out there

Fine, you know what? Let me destroy your whole world! 
Look into the spoiler, and never return to your normal ways of life.
He truly looks like...

Spoiler

Clifford the Big Red Dog.

In regards to the whole furry thing, keep in mind that goats have been associated with devil's and demons in different ways for a long time now. I can't really say if this makes Wortox any less "furry" or not, but I think it's still a perfectly valid reason for him to be designed the way he was.

12 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Fine, you know what? Let me destroy your whole world! 
Look into the spoiler, and never return to your normal ways of life.
He truly looks like...

Hide contents

Clifford the Big Red Dog.

I am 100% going to exclusively going to call Wortox that for at least several months.

3 hours ago, AdventZen said:

-HE'S A HEALER, and I'll play him as such, imagine the following

Wigfrid, Wolfgang and WX are kiting the Misery Shroom
things are looking dire
SUDDENLY, A GARLAND+MARBLE SUIT CLAD DOGGOAT TELEPORTS IN THE FRAY
HE HEALS EVERYONE, AND TELEPORTS AWAY
Misery could even win that battle, the scene alone is enough

Wortox will use souls to heal other characters. WX-78 is a soulless automaton. Worlds will collide (?).

Klei better beta test this feature thoroughly.

4 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

Funny how His nose looks like Klaus. That dog kind of shape nose. Bec Klaus is blind his ability is track playiers with smell. like dogs and wolfs are known really good at smelling their prey. Even hunter usualy told us thet wolf can smell gunpowder of the huntsmen so they move more far away from it when they smell it. 

Like look at their jaw and nose area and how the neck hair goes like same way even horns are similar but klaus has like red white color instead

4 hours ago, Jynn said:

it's clear to me that Klaus, Krampus and Wortox are Goat-like demon-y creatures and I think that's where they are heading with the art instead of the purely the "demon" route.

We are probs gonna get a lot of lore about Klaus and Krampus with this one and also the reason they got pulled in the constant. We just have to wait and see.

--------------------------------

And like in general, I really don't get why there are people kinda complaining about him being heairy or "cartoonish." Have you guys looked at the other characters? They all look cartoonish. xD.

And talking about hairy take a look at this.

latest?cb=20140305115234latest?cb=20161211161640latest?cb=20150106175548 -----> 0a43d2b1-e5a1-4c9a-aad9-2966cfe19751.png

4 hours ago, AdventZen said:

God, the internet just can't be pleased, can it?
First, we're angry cuz Wor's late
Now, we're angry because the pricing's bad, the pricing's too cheap, the perks are boring, the perks are OP, the design looks furry, the design doesn't--

I'd like to fangirl a bit, so I'm going to

-6 days till update, not even a week, baby

-Wortox looks different, hell, he might be too furry-like for ya, but you gotta say, the devs are really showing that there's no such thing as a "template" character, everyone's weird, and although this one's a new kind of weird, it's still DS

-2700 SPOOL, BABY, that's like, really cheap. I appreciate the consideration for the players who can't put much money in, although I'll prolly end up buying the chest, because you're all worth it <3

-Three Skins, outta nowhere, and they even sound cool, like Minotaur and Uncorrupted, I love it

-HE'S A HEALER, and I'll play him as such, imagine the following
Wigfrid, Wolfgang and WX are kiting the Misery Shroom
things are looking dire
SUDDENLY, A GARLAND+MARBLE SUIT CLAD DOGGOAT TELEPORTS IN THE FRAY
HE HEALS EVERYONE, AND TELEPORTS AWAY
Misery could even win that battle, the scene alone is enough

-His main passive already has exclusive strats, and that's what makes a character interesting for me. If you ever feel like you miss a character's mechanics and exclusives, that's when you know Klei has hit the jackpot with balancing. They made Winona more appealing and unique, and they seem to be on a roll for this one, because that dog is fire

-Dedicated short, which alongside the two extra skins, more than compensate for the late-march release
I'm an artist, and I understand how much of a pain it can be to conceptualize and convey certain characteristics through image only, and how much of a general pain animating is

so... yeah, mad props to the devs for the solid character, and for the incredible amount of content being added in such a relatively short amount of time.

I am disturbed by your complaint about others' criticisms, as well as your post that tries to belittle them.
Everyone must be free to express what they think, and a forum is for discussion.
Otherwise we make the religion of Klei, where we praise them all day in a dogmatic way.
Bah.

56 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

I am disturbed by your complaint about others' criticisms, as well as your post that tries to belittle them.
Everyone must be free to express what they think, and a forum is for discussion.
Otherwise we make the religion of Klei, where we praise them all day in a dogmatic way.
Bah.

How is this person’s comment restricting anyone’s freedom to complain about the new content? By this logic, everyone who complains about the new content is reducing Klei’s artistic freedom to make the game the way they want.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

How is this person’s comment restricting anyone’s freedom to complain about the new content? By this logic, everyone who complains about the new content is reducing Klei’s artistic freedom to make the game the way they want.

The way it was written bothered me. He was needlessly aggressive and full of praises that I found superfluous: as if almost Klei were doing us a favor to make us pay for the new characters. Given that it is a policy that I do not agree with, one can also agree with microtransactions (for the most diverse reasons: the need for developers, the will to support the title, etc., etc., all legitimate), but from here to keep saying how good-hearted and generous they are... people, let's talk about a company and a game, please, this unconditional affection seems to me out of place and cloying.

15 hours ago, Bluckles said:

its a single character, not a whole nother world like SW or Hamlet... If i wanted a new character, i'd go to the workshop.

You are right. And in addition my it's will be to expensive in my country. I paid money to hamlet for helping game developers (I don't play hamlet) but for one character and skins it's will be to expensive and wacky.

23 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

this unconditional affection seems to me out of place and cloying.

klei is like a good game company that (is nice to their developers) and actually doesn't go: ''oh look we added juicy bushes, too bad you hab to pay half a leg to use them'' or something similiar, they are giving us free content just for us to pay 11 dolars or 2700 spools ( about 2 dolars worth of skins from steam comunity shop ) for one character that propably only 10% of players will actually need.

24 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

klei is like a good game company that (is nice to their developers) and actually doesn't go: ''oh look we added juicy bushes, too bad you hab to pay half a leg to use them'' or something similiar, they are giving us free content just for us to pay 11 dolars or 2700 spools ( about 2 dolars worth of skins from steam comunity shop ) for one character that propably only 10% of players will actually need.

I swear to you that I don't understand half of the things you write. In terms of grammar, I can't translate them well, I'm sorry :'D

But I got the idea that you don't agree with me, I'm sorry, it happens when people discuss.
Peace and love!

10 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

The way it was written bothered me. He was needlessly aggressive and full of praises that I found superfluous: as if almost Klei were doing us a favor to make us pay for the new characters. Given that it is a policy that I do not agree with, one can also agree with microtransactions (for the most diverse reasons: the need for developers, the will to support the title, etc., etc., all legitimate), but from here to keep saying how good-hearted and generous they are... people, let's talk about a company and a game, please, this unconditional affection seems to me out of place and cloying.

U can weave him for cheap spools... If you played Gorge or Forge even a little bit you'll definitely have enough spools for him. 

Most multi-player games add content that's walled off behing paying content and this is Def not the case. 

ive paid for this game 10€ in a super pack with all dlcs and ive fun for more then a year with it. 

evryone who thinks klei is unfair. PLS go play some ea games or any other big company. you need 2.000€ for fifa for example. and this evry year.

its completely retarted what ya talking

56 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

They're being up front about needing the money for upkeep and they've given several things for free that they didn't have to, the praise is because they're being a lot nicer than other companies we could name.

You mostly just seem to be disagreeing for the sake of it 

4 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

DA0795E5-7D37-4F99-9933-C41258922103.jpeg

84EA88A1-15A8-46FA-8A90-DCF8DD47D04B.png

Wortox: Dad? Why are you trying to kill me?

11 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

ive paid for this game 10€ in a super pack with all dlcs and ive fun for more then a year with it. 

evryone who thinks klei is unfair. PLS go play some ea games or any other big company. you need 2.000€ for fifa for example. and this evry year.

its completely retarted what ya talking

Please read carefully what I write. I find it legitimate that there are people who are happy to pay for new content and support Klei. I never said they were dishonest or bad. Indeed, just look at my posts to see a sincere love for art and the game they have created.
Nevertheless:
1) I disagree with microtransactions. I want to pay for a game, but I prefer to do it at once or with DLCs, rather than with microtransactions. I have my reasons, will I be able to express my point of view?
2) I find it cloying to say that Klei is "Good and generous": it is a company, create games to earn money (rightly so!) and the maneuvers they do are to earn more. They do not want to divide the community because they would reduce their user base. I find it unhealthy to try "spasmodic affection" for a company or a video game. Here too, this sentence does not translate as "HATE KLEI"
3) I find that those who express (rightly) criticism are stigmatized by some users. It is a very ugly and discouraging attitude, especially on a forum where the goal would be to discuss and questioning the game itself
4) I will no longer respond to further replies, as it seems that what I write is read in half when i it expresses doubts.

To all those that complain wortox is a 'furry', well you dont have to play him :p We already knew he was going to be a Baphomet/Goat Dude, so you should have seen it coming, I didn't see the new design coming tho, I really love him nonetheless

Archived