Wortox Arrives March 28th!

1 hour ago, hasues said:

So the player eats souls?  He should be yellow, circular, and his music should be electronic sounds of the 80's....because it certainly sounds like a certain character I recognize of my youth, who also ate random things like berries and other fruit.

Let the mods begin..

...I don't get it.

Spoiler

Your age is showing. :wilson_ecstatic:

Edit: Why didn't it merge? 

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

14 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

If the fact that you're actively killing a being that can feel and express pain doesn't dissuade you from slaughtering everything, I don't think anything will.

Also Webber has a soul, one that's a combined of himself and his spider part. So this is a thing already.

You completely ignored my question about babies,  but okay.

44 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Why is nobody speaking about the consequences and the theological implications it has the fact that all monsters have a soul. Maybe we should stop killing DST creatures altogether? 

Because I was too busy disassociating my dinner from a living creature with a soul that was very capable of feeling pain.

(actually potatoes are not technically creatures, and their perception of damage is still outside our understanding)

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Where do babies come from?

Whooo boy... It's that time already? Eh?
Well...

Spoiler

When a mommy Maxwell and a daddy Maxwell get REALLY REALLY bored and happen to have an abundance of nightmare fuel...

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...I don't get it.

Reveal hidden contents

Your age is showing. :wilson_ecstatic:

Edit: Why didn't it merge? 

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

I think they're meaning a certain yellow character that ran around with (and occasionally devoured) friends such as

Spoiler

Inky, Clyde, Pinky and Blinky

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Why is nobody speaking about the consequences and the theological implications it has the fact that all monsters have a soul. Maybe we should stop killing DST creatures altogether? Also will Wortox get souls when players die nearby? Can he eat the essence of those players? Will those players respawn in a world just like the constant but inside wortox? Are we already inside a giant wortox? What is reality? Why cant I remove this gum out of the sole of my shoe? Where do babies come from? why are you still reading this?

Tbh this soul concept is already implied  by Krampus... And naughtiness 

10 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Is Wortox going to be 100% noncanon, or is he going to exist in the story but not in the main parts of story like forge? Please Klei I need an answer.

He propably isn't part of the original story ( at least the main parts of it) as he wasn't sucked in and instead propably was chilling in some sub-dimension of Constant ( like the throne )

O__Ounknown.png.ffb4224c9b202ce8deaf609f40853e61.png

Soul stealing from nearby dying creatures...

Screenshot_20190324-174033_1.jpg.567042eafc7e826bf31e969d5316ed67.jpg

Well, at least he's a cute doggo <3

By his appearance, he could have just been a happy-go-lucky (soul eating) interdimenesional being that wandered into the Constant and got trapped. Can't wait to see the backstory to this one.

On 22.03.2019 at 10:26 PM, Bluckles said:

So a single character is going to cost nearly half the game's price????

Consider it like printer purchasing. Machine itself is rather cheap and company sells it without profit, but makes money later on cartridges.

40 minutes ago, 35cap3 said:

Consider it like printer purchasing. Machine itself is rather cheap and company sells it without profit, but makes money later on cartridges.

...except that the machine is actually evolving ( and nicely evolved ) and kinda wants catridges to evolve.

also how the heck did we get from a thicc red dog soul-eating furry to where do babies come from and evolving printers?

13 hours ago, hasues said:

So the player eats souls?  He should be yellow, circular, and his music should be electronic sounds of the 80's....because it certainly sounds like a certain character I recognize of my youth, who also ate random things like berries and other fruit.

Wakka wakka wakka nevermore

16 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

If Wortox was completely shaved I would have complained more.......... ugh.

Maybe his halloween skin should be a pink poodle.:wilson_sneaky:

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Screenshot_20190324-174033_1.jpg.567042eafc7e826bf31e969d5316ed67.jpg

5989669169e7c_namegatekeepertreeguard.png.c204b330b4b40cfc1f95405bb55abe94.png

18 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Furry jokes aside, I noticed something... interesting about his unique skins - namely their, er, names: "Minotaur" and "Uncorrupted".

Sounds... familiar somehow...

latest.png

That's probably gonna be his halloween outfit.

Speaking of outfits, I wonder if Wortox will be getting Forge/Gorge skins?

And, The devs said that the characters will get new skin sets based on their animated short, so is the Wortox short going to involve him being corrupted? Or a Minotaur?

Now that I think of it, the uncourupted skin might be meant for the triumphant set... Which also reminds me, where is the guest of honor skin?

13 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Now that I think of it, the uncourupted skin might be meant for the triumphant set...

Unless he was on the Shadow Throne, in the past, there's no reason for Wortox getting a "uncorrupted" skin like Maxwell.

i had a Wortox synergy idea

ether base near Dessert or cave mushroom biome

have a team composition of Wortox, Webber and some character that can kill alot of stuff (Wendy, Wigfrid, Wolfgang, or Winona)

then kill the spiders for souls and use mushrooms or cacti to regain sanity then heal your group with their heals (if it is viable)

22 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

spiders for souls

This depends a bit on how the souls work, but he should have great synergy with Wigfrid. Early game nomads into ruins rush duo squad.

I like the idea of a support character.

On 22/03/2019 at 5:19 PM, JoeW said:
  • Wortox is available for purchase for $6.99, in the Wortox Chest. Wortox’s Survivor skin set is included in this chest for free.
  • The Wortox Deluxe Chest is $10.99 and includes the Survivor, Minotaur and Uncorrupted skin sets.
  • You can weave Wortox for 2700 spool.

So, it will cost roughly 5400 spools to weave a copy of Don't Starve Together?

Archived