Wortox Arrives March 28th!

36 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

Personally, I think 3500 is a better pricing for Wortox. Klei is filled with many large hearts. 

I disagree. Wortox for 2700 is alright. I'm pretty sure is gonna be Wortox only without skins so that's pretty fine imo. Keep in mind that the devs don't wanna split the community with content. 

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I disagree. Wortox for 2700 is alright. I'm pretty sure is gonna be Wortox only without skins so that's pretty fine imo. Keep in mind that the devs don't wanna split the community with content. 

Wortox existing at a higher price or not doesn't split the community.

Splitting the community would be requiring the Wortox DLC yourself to simply play with people who have Wortox. 

This is interesting, I think he is from another world and came to the constant(DST world). Now it will be interesting to see the short animation,we might visit his world at some point (maybe even April dunno). If they show his world that is... Never the less this is really interesting. I will surely get him.

Side note:I hope he is not the "healer" I would like something more "focused on healing" for a healer.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Splitting the community would be requiring the Wortox DLC yourself to simply play with people who have Wortox. 

I does split the community cuz not all people have so much time to play for spools... Even if they are for free... I'm happy Klei is not greedy and they are aiming to getting support from the people cuz they respect them and not by imposing grinding. 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

I does split the community cuz not all people have so much time to play for spools... Even if they are for free... I'm happy Klei is not greedy and they are aiming to getting support from the people cuz they respect them and not by imposing grinding. 

That's not splitting the community. That's some people being locked out of content until they play enough to get the needed spool.

Not necessarily better, but it's different than splitting the community.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

An update has a limited "life" to the week to "maximum" a month. It makes no sense having to wait three months to try new content. So yes, if the price is too high, divide the community.

1 minute ago, Pop Guy said:

An update has a limited "life" to the week to "maximum" a month. It makes no sense having to wait three months to try new content. So yes, if the price is too high, divide the community.

Dividing the community is if the "New Lands" content was purchasable, and if you didn't have it you couldn't play on servers with it.
Thus, literally, splitting the community.

If I don't buy Wortox but can still play alongside people who do, that isn't splitting the community.
The community is still together. I am still with the community, even if I can't play Wortox myself.

It's not some metaphor. It's literal. Doing the first thing would thin out the community, while the second avoids the problem.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Wortox can be unlocked in the following ways:

• Wortox is available for purchase for $6.99, in the Wortox Chest. Wortox’s Survivor skin set is included in this chest for free.
  • The Wortox Deluxe Chest is $10.99 and includes the Survivor, Minotaur and Uncorrupted skin sets.
  • You can weave Wortox for 2700 spool.

2700 spool(s!), Joe?  Again, I say you/Klei are much too kind to their players to provide such an alternative means.  Anyone who has been steadily playing the game would have this amount easily saved up.

Spoiler

spools.png.4d09ea063b60845e31aef1afeef9e207.png

No, it's not laughing at you.  Just internal glee.

Oh for those wondering I did the stat calculations for this exact spool price in the thread over here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/103234-character-spool-cost-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1162622

Copy-pasted here the bits for your convenience.

2700:
86.304102 drops needed on average
5.753607 weeks == 1.438402 months == 0.119867 years
2796.496905 average spools gained

Weekly average spools gained:  485.976595

So this is an approximate expected wait time if you're going that route. 1 million simulations, so it's fairly accurate.

8 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

geeeez 2.700 spools is a joke. ive like 40k. im still gonna buy it for me and my friends for money. i hope klei gets some money to make more new content

Klei finds the money, he finds it, quiet ;)

2 hours ago, Bluckles said:

its a single character, not a whole nother world like SW or Hamlet... If i wanted a new character, i'd go to the workshop.

Considering how much they give away for free regularly it's not that much, especially since the game's full price is pretty cheap to begin with. 

If I were you guys, I wouldn't make him Weaveable.
The whole point of making these characters purchasable was to support you guys, right?
I think you should keep him behind a $6.99 Price tag. It's fair to you, and to the players.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Sorry that you have to wait a little longer. But for now to a tease for Wortox's animated short, please enjoy Wes peacefully napping by a tree.

sc07.jpg

WHO CARES ABOUT WORTOX WE NEED MORE OF THIS!!!

Also...did...did Wortox steal Wes' soul? Is that why our blessed mime boi is unable to speak?

Was this how Wes ended up in the constant in the first place? 

soyousay.png.650c2efd9a8df22cf0f7ef326b429974.png

Also if you peeps would like an upscaled version of this masterpiece so you can see every last detail of Wes' nose hairs, here you are...you weirdos:

Spoiler

upscaled.thumb.png.556474ba92c130e49b2c2c647dc3779b.png

It's 7680 x 4320. You're welcome.

Forgive me, but I have never been more disappointed with a character's design. I am just hoping that one of his skins make him look better. It's just, his snout is so long. It makes him look like a dog more than a goat. I was hoping for something more... "I am a demon that takes souls." Devilish and elegant. Like his previous design. :^)

But I will get him none-the-less, and hope the design grows on me over time. Here's to hoping his personality makes up for it.

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

wortox_wallpaper_available_en.png

First off, aw he looks so cute!! And he sounds like a total sweetie ^_^ (Klei have so many precious beans).

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

March 28th

Eyy some date as my birthday! >u< (but due to timezones, he's gonna arrive on the 29th for me).

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

We will have a new Wortox animated short

WHAAAA?!? He gets one too?! Man Klei work so hard and are seriously too kind. What did we do to deserve them? ^^;

Archived