Wortox Arrives March 28th!

3 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Please read carefully what I write. I find it legitimate that there are people who are happy to pay for new content and support Klei. I never said they were dishonest or bad. Indeed, just look at my posts to see a sincere love for art and the game they have created.
Nevertheless:
1) I disagree with microtransactions. I want to pay for a game, but I prefer to do it at once or with DLCs, rather than with microtransactions. I have my reasons, will I be able to express my point of view?
2) I find it cloying to say that Klei is "Good and generous": it is a company, I find it unhealthy to try "spasmodic affection" for a company or a video game. Here too, this sentence does not translate as "HATE KLEI"
3) I find that those who express (rightly) criticism are stigmatized by some users. It is a very ugly and discouraging attitude, especially on a forum where the goal would be to discuss and questioning the game itself
4) I will no longer respond to further replies, as it seems that what I write is read in half when i it expresses doubts.

Nobody has stopped you from expressing anything, they're just expressing their own opinion by disagreeing. 

Games with online services have servers that need paid for, just buying the game once and never paying into it again wouldn't work. 

7 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Please read carefully what I write. I find it legitimate that there are people who are happy to pay for new content and support Klei. I never said they were dishonest or bad. Indeed, just look at my posts to see a sincere love for art and the game they have created.
Nevertheless:
1) I disagree with microtransactions. I want to pay for a game, but I prefer to do it at once or with DLCs, rather than with microtransactions. I have my reasons, will I be able to express my point of view?
2) I find it cloying to say that Klei is "Good and generous": it is a company, create games to earn money (rightly so!) and the maneuvers they do are to earn more. They do not want to divide the community because they would reduce their user base. I find it unhealthy to try "spasmodic affection" for a company or a video game. Here too, this sentence does not translate as "HATE KLEI"
3) I find that those who express (rightly) criticism are stigmatized by some users. It is a very ugly and discouraging attitude, especially on a forum where the goal would be to discuss and questioning the game itself
4) I will no longer respond to further replies, as it seems that what I write is read in half when i it expresses doubts.

1. Klei literally added spools as a way for those not wanting to spend a cent in the entire game to get Wortox. 2700 spools is laughable and definietly getable since the Drop rates were buffed up to 9000
2. People like Klei because unlike most companies they do user-friendly decisions, EA would already make at least 20 DLCs for this multiplayer game. Just because their strategies are good, that doesn't mean people shouldn't praise their actions. Good companies making good marketing and high user happiness are the most successful
3. Indeed, toxic behav towards opinions ain't exactly something cool, but its the internet, its literally an endless fight 'who has the right opinion'
4. Kool

28 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Nevertheless:
2) I find it cloying to say that Klei is "Good and generous": it is a company, create games to earn money (rightly so!) and the maneuvers they do are to earn more. They do not want to divide the community because they would reduce their user base. I find it unhealthy to try "spasmodic affection" for a company or a video game. Here too, this sentence does not translate as "HATE KLEI"

its fine what you say but if you buy a game you dont get new content. they could have made a new dlc fo rmoney and you would be happy. but we get the new content for free. they just added new content to the base game for free after 5 years of the release. they gave me hamlet dlc for free cause i was in beta. i get all the time free stuff from klei.

and heres the thing... if you have played gorge event you should have tons of spools. ive like 40k spools which i got for free from the game and the new char cost 2.700 spools. so imo its a joke. i want to pay money. and im gonna pay money for the new char and buy it all my friends the premium chest. 

11 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

???

Only thing that mentioned someone being Catholic was Wolfgang's contester quote before it was changed.

When examining the clockwork bishop, Woodie sais "It's been a while since my last confession.", which can be a hint on that he is catholic.

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

We are probs gonna get a lot of lore about Klaus and Krampus with this one and also the reason they got pulled in the constant. We just have to wait and see.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.56a65fc44a9575acaa5a22183d20f7f0.png

Would this also include his quotes, then? Big confusion, big confusion indeed.

1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

I really want to see Wortox's quotes for Klaus and Krampus, they will probably be interesting.

so does anyone else find it weird that Wortox is clearly shown with Fire in his hands, yet doesn't have any perks related to fire? maybe it's just me.

As for the character himself, I'll wait until he launches to make any final decisions, but just looking at it on paper, err, screen... Ehh.

The souls mechanic sounds interesting, though by the sound of it it's only there to heal, feed, and give him a free lazy explorer, and the half sustenance from food is basically just Wolfgang's 2x hunger drain, which isn't an issue. Unless "half as sustaining" also means half healing and sanity. That would be interesting.

4 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

I am disturbed by your complaint about others' criticisms, as well as your post that tries to belittle them.
Everyone must be free to express what they think, and a forum is for discussion.
Otherwise we make the religion of Klei, where we praise them all day in a dogmatic way.
Bah.

Well, I suppose I was somewhat overzealous when making the post, and fair point, people should have the ability to express their own opinions... just like we're both doing

My intent was not to bash others on their opinions, it was mainly to emphasize what I believe is good about the update. Whenever I post something, I tend to skew towards the dev's perspective, because I know it can be frustrating to read nitpicks and "better ideas" all day while no one notices and/or looks at your piece the same way you yourself do. I know they're a company, but companies are run by people, nonetheless, and people usually take criticism better when it's wrapped in noticeable understanding of the work and an argumentative approach to the perceived problem, not just shallow "it's bad i don't like it". Sure, you can call that criticism, but it's not very constructive...

And given the fact my first comment has garnered such a discussion, I'd say it's in no way blocking anyone's ability to question and counter-argue.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

so does anyone else find it weird that Wortox is clearly shown with Fire in his hands, yet doesn't have any perks related to fire? maybe it's just me.

Could be the souls of the fallen he's collected but not yet eaten.

1 hour ago, SDragonhead said:

So that beautifully rendered image could be in an animation?

It was said in the same post that the image was a clip from the Wortox animation. So uh, yes it's from an animation. A clip/short for Wortox.

4 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Looks like we have a new member to our "fluffy boiz" club.

Does that mean that Wilba is a nakey since she has no fur?5bfe2c4bc698b_Arielthoncdiscord.png.5510791e124c2132fa82ba92b8d32585.png

Well, I'm confused, he has no affect on the overall storyline? Will his appearance at least explain what the krampus and klaus for the universe/Constant?

What if Krampus and Klaus are lost goat souls from the Gorge dimension?

5bb9cd77a2e0e_ThegruffkidsintheGorge.thumb.png.87ea05af39eb1586ab1f02d6aafed9b8.png

17 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

It was said in the same post that the image was a clip from the Wortox animation. So uh, yes it's from an animation. A clip/short for Wortox.

Perhaps there's a reason why Wes loses sanity per balloon.

They always say a performance artist must put their heart and soul into it for a grand display.

If this is the case, then it'd tie in with Wortox's ability.  Maybe even attracts?

4 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Perhaps there's a reason why Wes loses sanity per balloon.

They always say a performance artist must put their heart and soul into it for a grand display.

If this is the case, then it'd tie in with Wortox's ability.  Maybe even attracts?

Wortox can eat balloons too, then! :highly_amused:

46 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

wait.

Storyline means William and Charlie getting sucked in to the constant and the rest leading to Gorge (without SW and HAM).

It could mean that Wortox is canon but not actually like really interacting with the storyline?

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what’s goin’ on with him.

Archived