Wortox Arrives March 28th!

6 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

THe survivor skin,EXCUSE ME WHAT THE F***?It is Orc or Imp that ran from Dungeons and Dragons.I expected Dark demon that has one big horn and one broken horn

I really like it and Minotaur. Like Snow Webber... it really spices his looks up. 10/10 from the tiny face we see. Wortox has good skin potential.

Just now, VexTheHex said:

I really like it and Minotaur. Like Snow Webber... it really spices his looks up. 10/10 from the tiny face we see. Wortox has good skin potential.

Survivor skin as a Orc?Isn´t he meant to be DEMON,not ORC?

2 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

Survivor skin as a Orc?Isn´t he meant to be DEMON,not ORC?

Maybe eating too many souls and getting corrupted turns him green? Isn't Webber meant to be a generic spider boy and not a fire spider or snow spider? Isn't Willow meant to be 100% fire and shouldn't have a Ice skin? Skins are spices, we need a variety.

Also keep in mind the Green one could be Uncorrupted and the other could be Survivor.

Just now, VexTheHex said:

Maybe eating too many souls and getting corrupted turns him green? Isn't Webber meant to be a generic spider boy and not a fire spider or snow spider? Isn't Willow meant to be 100% fire and shouldn't have a Ice skin? Skins are spices, we need a variety.

Yeah,but the skins are what name suggest,webber survivor=silky spider boi,Magma webber=FIrespider,What resembles Green Orc in SURVIVOR skin,that indicates someone who is in nature for too long ?

29 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

THe survivor skin

Gotta agree with you there. The survivor skin for Wortox kinda goes against the already established Survivor set's theme, that being a beaten up, raggedy version of the default. The only example that really strays from this was Winona's clothes changing to blue overalls from gray.

This is just an orc.

Just now, Chris1448 said:

Gotta agree with you there. The survivor skin for Wortox kinda goes against the already established Survivor set's theme, that being a beaten up, raggedy version of the default. The only example that really strays from this was Winona's clothes changing to blue overalls from gray.

This is just an orc.

That is normal Human right here,Survivor skins are established to resemble beat up version of characters,But ORC is not Beat-up version of Demonic Hellhound

So far from the few Frames of Wortox we've seen (because Winona took his place) I must say, Im not as amazed as I hoped to be.
1. The Portrait

Spoiler

ab2c49335c.png

If Im going to be honest, this Portrait besides the fact that it looks like a sticker ontop of an empty portrait is fine, I could have seen a better pose in there, but my only real complaint would be the wortox on there doesn't really interact with the portrait itself, if you ask me making some of those red energy splats leave the portrait and maybe his tail also get out slightly of the frame, scale him up too if possible.

2. The Model

Spoiler

SPOILER_d173527b6d.png

Let's start at the Top, in my opinion, the head is just perfect, you can't really make it better in my opinion, but the body... oh boy, Im not an artist with a proper degree, but I aim to be one, but Im 100% sure coloring the body a darker shade made this guy look like he wears a onesie. Sorry, but I would reverse the colors of the body and the Neck/Arm Floof to make it actually seem like the body is a part of his head. It looks way better in my opinion, other than that another issue Ihave is his feet from afar do not look like the intended hooves, they look like jet black boots. My solution would be using a grey behind the black instead of red to make it pop out more as a hoof. Here's my design proposal

Spoiler

Remember! You look at him from afar, not from up close, its not perfect, but it works.
2iJ34tC.png

3. The Abilities

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

So, I mean I have not played him myself yet, but so far:

• Soul Hop should be togglable, like please I dont want to accidentally right click and waste my souls nor do I want to see Soul Hop 24/7 on my mouse, maybe add a HUD button for toggling Soul Hop on and off?
  • Souls, animations look amazing, yet the Art looks a bit odd, like without an outline it looks odd, but I guess its supposed to semi stand out, I'd try to give them a thin white outline like Ice does to make it less... odd... I dont know if it sounds reasonable but it looks like a blood stain in his inventory xD

So that's all I can say so far, I will be buying him regardless of my dislikes, (I won't even start with skins), hope you'll listen to some feedback from us on him

4 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Hide contents

SPOILER_d173527b6d.png2iJ34tC.png

I totally love your idea with changing his body. With "leaked orginal" he looks like red Grinch with demon head. No idea why but his body doesnt looks well in DS style, but its my opinion. 

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

3. The Abilities

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.pngunknown.png

So, I mean I have not played him myself yet, but so far:

• Soul Hop should be togglable, like please I dont want to accidentally right click and waste my souls nor do I want to see Soul Hop 24/7 on my mouse, maybe add a HUD button for toggling Soul Hop on and off?
  • Souls, animations look amazing, yet the Art looks a bit odd, like without an outline it looks odd, but I guess its supposed to semi stand out, I'd try to give them a thin white outline like Ice does to make it less... odd... I dont know if it sounds reasonable but it looks like a blood stain in his inventory xD

So that's all I can say so far, I will be buying him regardless of my dislikes, (I won't even start with skins), hope you'll listen to some feedback from us on him

- I think it's probably gonna be like the Lazy Explorer... and if they change it I hope the change that item too... misclicking with that item happens quite often.

- It kinda makes sense souls don't have an outline... they are supposed to be ethereal...

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

- I think it's probably gonna be like the Lazy Explorer... and if they change it I hope the change that item too... misclicking with that item happens quite often.

- It kinda makes sense souls don't have an outline... they are supposed to be ethereal...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1601725838

with this mod you can change the settings for teleporting. for example you need to double click to teleport

Klei just posted about the new short on Twitter including a very short vid. No animation, just a still image on a computer screen.

Looks like the same shot as the teaser image with some differences. Notably, Wes' lipstick and arms are colored correctly! And he is wearing a garland now, as if he couldn't be any sweeter. The trees and bushes also look more defined, so this must be from the finished short. Can't wait!

5 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

This is just an orc.

Meh, either way it's a lot more exciting than Wortox but a little beat up. So I gladly look forward to seeing the full set for this skin. They should of just not called it Survivor since the other two skins are also not following the same pattern/names either. 

2 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

image.png.e351266c98194cac9df185cfe9906bab.png

Follow-up on survivor wortox. I can't wait to see what reasons there are that wortox went green.

Well he can jump through space and time... So there must be something to it... I think that he evolves his fur color depending on his environment... Whereever that might be.. In the ruins his fur evolved red to contrast with the nightmare cycle and help him survive... And green... in the green forest in the caves? Green like starting to turn green in the Gorge? Green cuz he used to hide in the green mush tree forest in the ruins? Maybe this... He transformed his fur cuz he ate a bunch green and/or green mushrooms...

Dunno.. Some ideas

8 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

image.png.e351266c98194cac9df185cfe9906bab.png

Follow-up on survivor wortox. I can't wait to see what reasons there are that wortox went green.

Maybe he got some algae? Sometimes animals get algae growing on their fur and turn green....

Archived