valeriy20042

I do not like the idea of ​​a character for a challenge for Wes.

lifetheuniverse    1,312
Posted (edited)

Yea, that's what the Aggro Management idea in the links (quoted) was about. Actually bringing back some of his Single Player difficulty, since it's lessened by other people existing. Simultaneously providing some purpose to his continued existence in a team game. He'd still be an increased-difficulty pick for pro players, but a much better one for flexing helping new, less experienced teams learn the game.
Also silly mime-being-chased-by-every-hound-on-the-map moments.

...I actually can't remember the last time that I saw a Wes on a public server, come to think of it.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 3

Misa22    158

I like him in vanilla, because the fights are way easier and quicker than in DST, but since the latter is team-based, i feel like he is "a bad team player". 

He doesn't really add anything to a team, but then again, i like the idea of a challenge character... 

I don't know, i am kinda divided about the idea of changing Wes: he needs a change, but he may "not be WES" if that change comes (if that makes any sense lol). 

• Like 2

FuffledBeeQueen    1,456

This is the thing, some people are like (which I am one of):

Wes is kinda meh, if they would change his character traits to be more fun to play instead of just be this bland wilson with higher hunger rate, he'd be more cool!
- Really, I just see Wes as a slightly worse Wilson, there is literally barely any chalenge behind him.

And there are people that are like:

NO, WeS hAS to STaY aS a CHellAnglE cHarKtEr bcZ WeS haS to SUck, maKE hiM WorSE
- Can't relate to it, because just making a character worse ruins the character, literally look at Willow, before the rework (which hopefully will make her better, future me, please report to me sooner about this) nobody plays her unless they are griefing

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

minespatch    45,079
2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Isn't that literally every mod character ever, fast but weak

Then I'm a normie.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 4

seffard    61
4 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

NO, WeS hAS to STaY aS a CHellAnglE cHarKtEr bcZ WeS haS to SUck, maKE hiM WorSE

lol

4 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

- Can't relate to it, because just making a character worse ruins the character, literally look at Willow, before the rework (which hopefully will make her better, future me, please report to me sooner about this) nobody plays her unless they are griefing

Please, dont be mean. I think she's much more fun to play than Wilson and Im not a troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RogueGamer12    178

I quite like the ideas mentioned that'll grant him team based abilities while still making him hard to play, every character in DST should bring something to the group.

And yes, getting rid him getting more hungry quicker is something i'll like to see.

• Like 1

Theukon-dos    367

I don't think that Wes should become the Agro tank, partially because he's already the second squishiest character, so the last thing he needs is an army of monsters going after his rear at all times, but also because I think that role would be better suited for Wigfrid, both mechanically and thematically (I went into more detail  here, but TL;DR Giving Wigfrid the agro mechanics would Let her step out of Wolfgang's shadow, give a reason to play as her when not crafting helmets, and Give her a supporting role while keeping her identity as a fighter)

As for what Wes could do without Making him any easier, I'm not to sure. One option could be being able to use other character's items, such as Wicker's books, Lucy, and Willow's lighter. The codex umbra would be a bit of a stretch, though doing this could give Wes a good bit of flexibility and team play while not affecting him solo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

reverentsatyr    183

I think wes should remain a challenge character. But he could boost others through sacrificing.

Like doing mime act to give hunger or health or sanity while his own stats go down. He would remain challenging for the person playing him, but can still contribute to the team instead of being useless.

• Like 1

x0VERSUS1y    2,026

What if... once per game Wes can eat his Pile o' Balloons and become a god (well, more than he already is atm, lets call it UberGod) invulnerable, omnipotent, and with mega-punching powers - for 5 minutes?! Then POP like a balloon: perma-dead! :rolleyes:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

HeatAndRun    110
Posted (edited)

and it's almost time to.. 'nah Wes needs nerf' comment to come out!

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

reverentsatyr    183

1 hour ago, HeatAndRun said:

and it's almost time to.. 'nah Wes needs nerf' comment to come out!

nah Wes needs nerf

• Haha 2

Casm    94

I think there's been a lot of valid points made throughout the thread. I agree that Wes as it stands isn't even a 'difficult' character in any meaningful or relevant way. I also agree that when it comes to DST especially, a 'challenge' character is somewhat out of place for a multiplayer oriented version of the game. I also see valid arguments for both making him a viable teammate as well as making him an actual challenging character. This upcoming character rework is the best opportunity for Klei to take Wes in either of those directions and I'm very much looking forward for what they have in store for him.

• Like 2