Favorite Things

ucw

What is your all-time favorite thing about Hamlet -- like, if you have to choose just one.  

Me:  Pig Ruins!  Especially the ones that lead to other places.  And the colorful, strange things you can find only in the ruins... 

Anybody else?  

I bet nobody could ever guess what my all-time favorite thing in Hamlet was, but my second all-time favorite thing in Hamlet is playing as Webber and gathering an immense army of my fellow spiderkin then charging into the pig towns and giving those pigs a taste of their own medicine.

Creatures. They all feel much more polished then other dlcs' creatures.

For example weevoles. Nice animations, great sounds, interesting mechanics and you can control their spawn points.

Now I'm not saying that every creature is perfect and interesting *cough* (spiderillas) *cough* (pogs) *cough* (thunderbirds), but ecosystem definitelly feels more alive.

not the pig town

i like surviving without entering/using it.

its fun for some time, the pig town, but it quickly gets boring, and each hamlet world feels the same.

but i really like the Pugalisk.

and the savannah

i wish they'd replace the place where the iron goliaths spawn, with savannah

Oh boy, where do i begin.

Ever thought of Indiana Jones or any comic book/movie related adventure with people going into the jungle, find artifacts, goes into ruins and whatnot and you wanted to EXPERIENCE that sort of adventure!

That's what i REALLY love about Hamlet, it's a mixed cauldron out of that with fantasy and imagination.

i just need MORE because it is so god damn amazing tbh to have a game that does this.

also lush work theme sounds like Disney's  fantasia sorcerer's apprentice but DS theme

I've put both of em on and it fits so perfect when all the brooms and mickey bobbing up and down with the music.

Infinite and reliable overcharge.

Spoiler

Conversely, gnat clouds are terrible. Most hostile creatures have a "distance" that must be maintained to stay safe (Tentacles, spiders, clockworks), but gnats can aggro from quite far and won't stop chasing you if it is dusk or night (assuming overcharged WX). Gnats have the potential to kill a new player, and there's no easy solution in the early game. Poison was fair because poisonous creatures were very clearly marked and if you got poisoned you know it's your fault. Gnats on the other hand will chase you halfway across the map without even thinking of abandoning the chase.

Archived