• New artwork for the Virtual Planetarium
  • Fixed see-through liquid containers
  • Reverted petroleum colour
  • Further fixes to rockets disappearing during launch/landing
  • Building exhaust temperature should no longer cause cooling to nearby cells
  • Further pass on element colours
  • Added meters to various rocket modules
  • Updated Jetsuit Checkpoint art
  • Dupes will no longer get stuck in an infinite yuck/ouch loop if they overheating while eating infected food
  • Baby Drecko can no longer sneak through closed doors
  • Solar Panel animations play correctly when there's no light
  • Oil Refinery is now flippable
  • Vole egg tuning
  • Fix Ranchers getting stuck if they can't reach a drop point set to auto-wrangle
  • Starmap shows distant destinations once again, but in a different colour
  • Can now "Analyze" space destinations on the other side of a gap
  • Duplicant health bars will be always visible if they are below 80% health
  • Fix selected object description not updating on select
  • Flight Path Not Clear now checks exactly the rocket width, and will report the first obstruction it finds in the status item
  • Fix crash when duplicant AI is searching for fetchable items
  • Updated strings for most of the new buildings
  • Fix crash with Voles that were created earlier in this preview
  • Sleeping in any kind of bed slowly restores Dupe health
  • Dupes will stop a recreational task immediately at night if they already have the bonus for that task
  • Space Destinations better display possible rare elements, and will actually give those elements once researched
  • Updated Auto Miner artwork
  • Fix crash if an item is destroyed while a Duplicant is determining if they can move to it

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Solar Panel animations play correctly when there's no light

This one strikes me as a bit odd.  The particular bug I've seen and has been noted elsewhere, is that the animations fail to display after reloading a saved game.  I would think it correct that they not show their animation when they aren't generating any power (similar to all other generators in the game).

@Ipsquiggle I still don't have the additional planet at the first distance (10,000km range) from update 289453 on a running game. So on a new game this planet will show up, but my current game, started during the cosmic upgrade and now on the latest preview branch update, does not have it. Others have reported the same issue. Is this a bug and fixable, or is it tied to the world gen? Save file is included. 

The Contagious Abyss1.sav

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

@Ipsquiggle I still don't have the additional planet at the first distance (10,000km range) from update 289453 on a running game. So on a new game this planet will show up, but my current game, running from the rocketry upgrade, does not have it. Others have reported the same issue. Is this a bug and fixable, or is it tied to the world gen? Save file is included. 

The Contagious Abyss1.sav

Sad that this issue not patched yet, i think i will resolve to debug mode ...

18 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Space Destinations better display possible rare elements, and will actually give those elements once researched

Are you implying that there now, finally, could actually be a reason for someone to want to build rockets? :D

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Are you implying that there now, finally, could actually be a reason for someone to want to build rockets? :D

First asteroid at 10Mm (I have only one) shows 3% Niobium after research with research modules.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b1e94fa38ac6a4ec37302dae36cc44ea.png

Sadly I can't build solid booster - game still crashes. So I can't check anything further, but I would expect that further asteroids provide greater rewards.

Edited by AndreyKl

27 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

One does not need a reason to build rockets, they are rockets after all!

but anyway:

I can't help but love that for I always wanted it to be the case since back when hatches were actually aggressive when dug out. For an injury which is not even light I did not want to make a med-bay early (so I mostly just set a med bed somewhere).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SakuraKoi said:

I can't help but love that for I always wanted it to be the case since back when hatches were actually aggressive when dug out.

Hehehe, And long before that hatch actually swallowed dupes whole. I kid you not, you got a dupe in contact with a hatch, that was one dead dupe. But hey, at least it pooped him out again as 25kg of coal and you didn't have to bother about tombstones. Silver lining, no?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, crypticorb said:
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I got tired of manually assigning dupes to a hundred med beds, so now I only need to build beds and hope that some auto bed assignment works. If not, then please make the auto assignment of (med)beds work, thank you.

I see a guy on my map and I see hes injured. Then I have to move to my medbed area and I cant figure out which of the 10 Gossmann it is and I have to scroll through a pile of names just to find the Gossmans. Calling the names list also creates too much cpu load. Also the bed assignments constantly get forgotten and are gone.

A button/function would be great - Send/assign all dupes to (med)beds. Skipping the call and display of the names list could release a little bit of cpu load for players, even for those which play with a few dupes.

Edited by babba
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Sleeping in any kind of bed slowly restores Dupe health

Nice! Also thanks for the crash-fixes, I hope it fixes my "dupes and comets on the surface at the same time" crash-issue.

-> Nope. Seems to have gotten a bit less frequent (maybe), but dupes running around in meteor-showers still causes crashes. I do use the crash-report option, so I assume I do not need to open a bug-ticket.

Edited by Gurgel

8 minutes ago, babba said:

I got tired of manually assigning dupes to a hundred med beds, so now I only need to build beds and hope that some auto bed assignment works. If not, then please make the auto assignment of (med)beds work, thank you.

I see a guy on my map and I see hes injured. Then I have to move to my medbed area and I cant figure out which of the 10 Gossmann it is and I have to scroll through a pile of names just to find the Gossmans. Calling the names list also creates too much cpu load. Also the bed assignments constantly get forgotten and are gone.

A button/function would be great - Send/assign all dupes to (med)beds. Skipping the call and display of the names list could release a little bit of cpu load for players, even for those which play with a few dupes.

I was thinking of it as a simple quality of life change, as it's just as annoying to med-bed dupes who are injured just a little bit from steam vents, and the minor injuries debuff.

Though I get the feeling that ONI isn't exactly optimized for your gameplay style. Why don't you just name all your dupes by serial numbers instead of 10 Gossmans?

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

I just checked, all asteroids except the very closest ones have the new materials. Many are just "trace amounts", but the further ones go up to 10% or higher. The rare materials are the very last things scanned by observatories, so even the closer asteroids can take a long time to scan for the new stuff.

Hey crypticorb :)

What bothers me most is the load time of the names list and the usability of scrolling in that list. Playing with lots of dupes reveals computing bottlenecks, which affect all or most players. IMHO Send/assign all dupes to (med)beds would be a great function, avoiding pulling and displaying the names list too often.

Edited by babba

• Developer
1 hour ago, AndreyKl said:

First asteroid at 10Mm (I have only one) shows 3% Niobium after research with research modules.

Reveal hidden contents

Sadly I can't build solid buster - game still crashes. So I can't check anything further, but I would expect that further asteroids provide greater rewards.

Solid boosters should be fixed in the next hotfix.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Nice! Also thanks for the crash-fixes, I hope it fixes my "dupes and comments on the surface at the same time" crash-issue.

-> Nope. Seems to have gotten a bit less frequent (maybe), but dupes running around in meteor-showers still causes crashes. I do use the crash-report option, so I assume I do not need to open a bug-ticket.

Not sure if this is the same crash but the next hotfix has a fix for a crash that occurs when meteors would hit a tile that was at the very top of the map.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Building exhaust temperature should no longer cause cooling to nearby cells

Hooray!  It does appear to be fixed!  Thank you @JLK or whomever fixed it.

BuggedOverHeatFixed.thumb.jpg.1dc295f72e1ab80a488f7680f07e3aba.jpg

And yeah, the tepidizer works fine as well when you pulse it on and off quickly

TurbineTepidizer1.thumb.jpg.570b2615dc98b800d8f01b34a2b8ec55.jpg

Really, the thing should only kick on if there's liquid directly on the tepidizer at over 500KGs and under the temperature limit.  Of course, there would be no reason what-so-ever to make it out of any of the better materials like steel, etc.  If that was the case.  Of course, that would all be fine with me if we got something that can naturally create volcano-like temperatures naturally.

You know, like some kind of burner.. that can run on crude, or petroleum, or natural gas.. or propane   *winkwink nudge nudge @devs*

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Not sure if this is the same crash but the next hotfix has a fix for a crash that occurs when meteors would hit a tile that was at the very top of the map.

Maybe. The issue only happens when I have dupes running around as well. But I do have tiles at the very top. Will try it out on the next hotfix and let you know.

Maybe the tepidizer should simply produce less heat energy for its wattage? Although, I’m not sure what that would be, since the aquatuner is 1200W for >1MDTU and I think 1 MDTU for 960W is already too much. I can make a steam turbine producing more wattage than that with that much heat. Although, it’s a bit more complex than the diagrams here :)  

Uploading save games can help, sometimes others load them to see if they have the same problem.

Maybe my question is totally unrelated:

Any chance you guys have built right on the last tile of the map top and/or to the last tile on the left/right on the map ? If "No", then just forget my question...Im making a nice coffee now :p

Edited by babba