[Game Update] - 289764

9 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Solid boosters should be fixed in the next hotfix.

Not sure if this is the same crash but the next hotfix has a fix for a crash that occurs when meteors would hit a tile that was at the very top of the map.

@Cheerio Is there anything you can say about the starmap issue? The previous update included a necessary change that included a second planet on the 10,000km range so you could get sufficient research points to make the transition from steam engine to other boosters/engines earlier to reach further planets. However, this change did not show on running games started before the update, only on new games. Again the question: is this fixable, or is it tied in to the world gen?

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

so you could get sufficient research points to make the transition from steam engine to other boosters/engines earlier to reach further planets

I did't upgrade yet and i think i will finish the 400 interstellar research for the second engine whit the observatory before upgrade to the stable version (just in case i am stuck whit one planet in the 10000 km area) 

29 minutes ago, tzionut said:

I did't upgrade yet and i think i will finish the 400 interstellar research for the second engine whit the observatory before upgrade to the stable version (just in case i am stuck whit one planet in the 10000 km area) 

Definitely get that upgrade in for the second engine. Although it has been halved to 200 points on the current build, if you make the mistake going down the wrong research route, researching the container bays instead, or if you already got all the data banks from the single asteroid and used the for interstellar research, which would have netted less research points under the older build, you'd be forced under the new build to continiously send a rocket to that one planet (which will return 10 data banks each time even if all the available points were already taken), which would take a long while.

IMO, the tech tree should also be rebuild so that you cannot waste your initially very limited research points on researching cargo bays.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

(which will return 10 data banks each time even if all the available points were already taken), which would take a long while.

Not a problem

I build a steam engine rocket whit 9 research module... I obtain 90 research point in one go. If after upgrade 1 data bank = 1 interstellar research point instead of 10 data bank = 1 interstellar research point 

Post edit:

If is the same ratio i make more trip to the first planet.

Funny thing The trip to the first planet it suppose to last 3 cycle. Now the trip is made in 1 cycle (i already post this bug)

Edited by tzionut

3 hours ago, tzionut said:

Not a problem

I build a steam engine rocket whit 9 research module... I obtain 90 research point in one go. If after upgrade 1 data bank = 1 interstellar research point instead of 10 data bank = 1 interstellar research point 

Post edit:

If is the same ratio i make more trip to the first planet.

Funny thing The trip to the first planet it suppose to last 3 cycle. Now the trip is made in 1 cycle (i already post this bug)

Fingers crossed that's not actually a bug

14 hours ago, Crazy_Adept said:

Since this update my game doesn't even make it to the main menu!

First it shows the Klei logo, Then I get the game crash image followed by the 'ONI is still in development' message before being spat back out to desktop

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I did that and made it to the main menu. although there is a big green dot in the middle of the timer Dupes forehead

Edited by Crazy_Adept