Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

I'm beginning to see why Klei usually prefers to release new stuff without a lot of advance notice, if this and other threads are the kind of crazy-ass speculation that happens when they give a hint or two. People are jumping to all kinds of conclusions based on a few shreds of promo copy and a teaser. There's even a thread to help form teams for the Forge, a game component no one has even seen yet, except for one tiny GIF and that won't be out for two months. I can see discussion what we hope it will or won't be, but any argument based on what it IS is just silly because we don't know and won't know for months.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

I'm beginning to see why Klei usually prefers to release new stuff without a lot of advance notice, if this and other threads are the kind of crazy-ass speculation that happens when they give a hint or two. People are jumping to all kinds of conclusions based on a few shreds of promo copy and a teaser. There's even a thread to help form teams for the Forge, a game component no one has even seen yet, except for one tiny GIF and that won't be out for two months. I can see discussion what we hope it will or won't be, but any argument based on what it IS is just silly because we don't know and won't know for months.

But that's the fun part!

Whenever Klei gives us just the tiniest scrap of meat, we all go running towards it like starving (HA!) mutts.

And we eventually tear each other apart in trying to get that scap, just like in the real (internet) world. :wilson_goodjob:

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

But that's the fun part!

Whenever Klei gives us just the tiniest scrap of meat, we all go running towards it like starving (HA!) mutts.

And we eventually tear each other apart in trying to get that scap, just like in the real (internet) world. :wilson_goodjob:

I hear you that it's fun to guess and debate it, but If I were them and saw people working themselves up into full all-caps rant state and flinging accusations at us over content they haven't even seen yet, I would totally decide it's not worth it and just release stuff when it's ready. The hype turns toxic so fast over nothing.

I'm with Dorozco, seeing more of these villaes would be fun to see in the future. Maybe we'll see Wilson's comment about "Kingdom of the bunnymen" in the future literally.

Little scared by the angry reaction on the forums currently. I remember last and early this year things were more civil but... I should be aware when these type of situations happen.

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Wasn't that what the caves turned into with the Bunnymen?

Kind of but there might be more to the comment/quote though you could be right. So far Pigmen are the only ones who have speech and civilization. The other hunchbeasts don't carry on such intelligence.

Well, just because they have morals doesn't mean they're the same as OUR morals...

Also I kinda wonder if maybe the Merms are smarter than we think; they just can't speak in a way we can understand and their houses keep falling apart because they build them in the swamp.

...true, one might argue that if they were REALLY smart they'd build their  houses somewhere else, but I assume that as amphibians (or fish?) they do need to be near moisture at all times...

...Notorious

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

That's precisely what I said. Klaus is an exception to the things Charlie created.

11 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

But if neither party made Klaus, where the Hell, Michigan, did he come from?

Isn't it possible that Maxwell already new about Klaus and locked it away, just to be released by Charlie? We know that there were already many stuff and monsters in the DS world before Maxwell. He could have hidden some of them he didn't like. 

Another possibilty is that Maxwell didn't know about Klaus, it was just there somewhere and Charlie found it. Maxwell might knew Charlie enogh to know that she couldn't/wouldn't make such a creature.

6 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Maxwell might knew Charlie enogh to know that she couldn't/wouldn't make such a creature.

"Charlie didn't make that!"

I believe that there's a touch to Charlie's monsters that Maxwell could sense her essence. Since he used to be on the throne, perhaps there's nightmare throne dna still left in Maxwell?

21 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

It's not speculation.

Just pass the new stuff to DS (quality of life stuff), so the game isn't outdated and it's worth playing, and buying, DLC for it. 

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

It's not speculation.

Just pass the new stuff to DS (quality of life stuff), so the game isn't outdated and it's worth playing, and buying, DLC for it. 

I kind of have to agree with this. Things like the magic inventory slot, Maxwell's puppets not being awful, even gates and fences, would be most welcome in singleplayer DS. And it's not like they'd mess up the lore or anything :p
But just because DS doesn't have those kind of things doesn't mean that it's not 'worth playing.' Hamlet also looks like it'll be rather different to a regular DS game, and perhaps those kind of things won't really matter. (Just speculation though)

2 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

I kind of have to agree with this. Things like the magic inventory slot, Maxwell's puppets not being awful, even gates and fences, would be most welcome in singleplayer DS. And it's not like they'd mess up the lore or anything :p
But just because DS doesn't have those kind of things doesn't mean that it's not 'worth playing.' Hamlet also looks like it'll be rather different to a regular DS game, and perhaps those kind of things won't really matter. (Just speculation though)

Package it with hamlet problem solved 

Spoiler

Those greedy [CENSORED] :p

5 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Yeah, but none of that has anything to do with Hamlet, which is what I was talking about with "speculation" and is in fact the subject of this thread. There's nothing "speculative" about wanting or asking that items or mechanics already in use in one game be implemented in the other(s), but that's not what we're talking about here. The subject of this thread is Hamlet, which no one really knows anything about yet. 

Alright, okay, not to butt in here, but I'm a total nerd about dialog and I wanted to clear something up:

Maxwell's Klaus dialog used to be "Charlie didn't make that one!" The operative phrase here being "used to be." At one point during the Winter's Feast event, Klei retconned it to this:

image.png.3a6a7421d0f396bfcb89fe920917a6dc.png

(You can go in-game and spawn Klaus with Maxwell if you don't believe me)

Which makes sense, of course, since Klaus so strongly resembles Charlie's No-Eye Deer, and it would complicate things a lot of Klaus just suddenly came out of nowhere. Also, Maxwell is an esteemed monster connoisseur, I guess.

I have no real stake in the conversation, I'm just a big goober about this game's writing and I didn't wanna see it go to waste by being misquoted or misinterpreted. :D

11 minutes ago, Nebulaemon said:

Alright, okay, not to butt in here, but I'm a total nerd about dialog and I wanted to clear something up:

Maxwell's Klaus dialog used to be "Charlie didn't make that one!" The operative phrase here being "used to be." At one point during the Winter's Feast event, Klei retconned it to this:

snip

(You can go in-game and spawn Klaus with Maxwell if you don't believe me)

Which makes sense, of course, since Klaus so strongly resembles Charlie's No-Eye Deer, and it would complicate things a lot of Klaus just suddenly came out of nowhere. Also, Maxwell is an esteemed monster connoisseur, I guess.

I have no real stake in the conversation, I'm just a big goober about this game's writing and I didn't wanna see it go to waste by being misquoted or misinterpreted. :D

I think many already know it was changed. Most of the intrigue comes from the fact that it was changed

It could be, as you're saying, not accurate. Charlie DID make it, and so the line had to change.

Or, it could be that it was giving too much away. Krampus and Klaus (even unimplemented Wortox) are visually similar to the ancient ancient (that's not a mistake) race of demon looking fellas before even the Ancient's time. We see their fossils in the ancient murals from the Metheus puzzle. They resemble the Fuelweaver's bones as well. They're sort of this "unexplained presence", and so it made sense that Charlie didn't make them. Of course with the line changed, it's hard to say what's factual anymore.

16 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Yeah, but none of that has anything to do with Hamlet, which is what I was talking about with "speculation" and is in fact the subject of this thread. There's nothing "speculative" about wanting or asking that items or mechanics already in use in one game be implemented in the other(s), but that's not what we're talking about here. The subject of this thread is Hamlet, which no one really knows anything about yet. 

The main point of this thread is talking about how ridiculous it is that DLC is being released for an outdated game...

16 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The main point of this thread is talking about how ridiculous it is that DLC is being released for an outdated game...

For all we know, the DLC will update it. We literally don't know what Hamlet is and therefore it is premature to categorically state that it should be in DST instead of DS. 

Archived