Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

1 minute ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

As a DST player you feel left out. What about some members of the single player community feeling the same when they didn't get ANR content? 

ds dlc is not comparable to dst anr, that is like comparing a mountain to an anthill

3 minutes ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

All this complaining for 7+ pages is redundant. The horse died many pages ago.

most of the complaining are actually ppl saying how hamlet shouldnt be in dst than ppl saying it should

I started play SW again to check out the new content. I got frustrated by the lack of gates, so I subscribed to the Wooden Fences mod. But walls/fences work pretty differently in DS and DST, and the mod pretty much doesn't work. There are no other mods that I can find in the workshop providing either option. This suggests that more fundamental changes need to be made to DS for fences and gates to work because fences are in fact not just a different kind of wall. They can be angled. I'm not a game programmer or developer, so I'm not going to go out there and claim it would be easy peasy to change it. Obviously, it is not, even though it might seem simple to an outsider or rando forum poster.

5 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

ds dlc is not comparable to dst anr, that is like comparing a mountain to an anthill

most of the complaining are actually ppl saying how hamlet shouldnt be in dst than ppl saying it should

Some would disagree that DS DLC compared to ANR is like a mountain vs a mole hill but that is not the point. They still feel left out, which was your original argument.

This whole thread on both sides has become redundant.

1 minute ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Sigh, what is even the point of this thread? Its not going to change anything frankly and everyone has such opposing views, so there will never be a reached or agreed opinion/conclusion. We should all just take it easy and wait for what Klei will do next.

I am just frustrated.

This + plus Winona being such an awful character (which might be a blessing in disguise, because if I did like her and I'd be so much more disappointed that I can't play her in DS) feels like Klei has no idea what it's doing anymore. 

4 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I'm fine with that...As long as I can play it in the most updated game, if not, it's just a waste of money.

And again, Klei does not want to create a situation where the same people playing the same game together at the same time can't all access the same content.

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Winona being such an awful character (which might be a blessing in disguise, because if I did like her and I'd be so much more disappointed that I can't play her in DS) feels like Klei has no idea what it's doing anymore. 

I don't want to derail the whole topic so I'll just state my opinion on that real quick and end it there. You need to understand that Winny is designed and targeted at noobies who just bought dst on xbox. It is not so much for experienced players. Thus it is not really Klei's fault that she is such a character because she is meant to be such a character. However, I do understand your sentiments, but please understand that Klei is also trying their best to make the game a fun experience for all.

Let me restate that more completely.

A paid DLC for DST is a problem because two players playing the same game together at the same time, a multiplayer game that is supposed to be shared, cannot continue to do so if one has paid for the DLC and one has not.

A paid DLC for DS is not the same issue, because the players are not playing together.

7 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

RoG:

• Adds 3 new bosses (Dragon, Bear and Goose)
  • Adds two new characters.
  • Adds two new biomes.
  • Adds a bunch of items ans strictures.
  • Some small mobs (moleworms, catcoons).
  • New seasons.

ANR:

• Adds 4 new bosses (Ancient Fuelweaver, Queen Bee, Toadstool and Klaus)
  • Some small mobs (grass geckos, no eye deer)
  • Adds one new character.
  • Adds one new biome (Atrium).
  • Adds skins, which by the way, is another big thing that puts me off playing DS.
  • Adds Beefalo riding. 
  • Adds a bunch of items ans structures.
  • Continues to receive updates.

They are pretty even, ANR is superior tho, cause it continues to receive updates

2 minutes ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Can we please just end it here? This is simply going nowhere! No one will benefit from the continuation of this thread. The point of this thread is no longer about discussion but about who gets the last word.

They might add some ANR content when Hamlet comes out. We don't know yet, because it won't be released for several months. It could well come with an update to the base game. 

As I mentioned above when posting about the fences mod, some of these things may be more complicated than they appear because while DS and DST look very similar on the surface to someone who is merely playing them, the underlying programming may be very different. The difficulty with making a functioning fences/doors mod for DS suggests as much. When there is a working SW DST mod that functions as well as SW does in singleplayer, then I think the argument "if mods can do it, Klei can do it" would carry more weight.

14 minutes ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

I don't want to derail the whole topic so I'll just state my opinion on that real quick and end it there. You need to understand that Winny is designed and targeted at noobies who just bought dst on xbox. It is not so much for experienced players. Thus it is not really Klei's fault that she is such a character because she is meant to be such a character. However, I do understand your sentiments, but please understand that Klei is also trying their best to make the game a fun experience for all.

I want to answer and talk about this, but I don't want to make it a thing and derail this thread :/

15 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

@ImDaMisterL pls end this war before it's too late and everyone gets grudges against each other for the rest of their lives

Why do people keep doing this? Report post button exists for a reason! There are more moderators than just L, not to mention admins. You're definitely not going to be liked more or anything, it's just terribly annoying for tagged person, I believe.

Just now, Maslak said:

Why do people keep doing this? Report post button exists for a reason! There are more moderators than just L, not to mention admins. You're definitely not going to be liked more or anything, it's just terribly annoying for tagged person, I believe.

Because MisterL is best moderator

Archived