Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

41 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

What about Winona tho?

32 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I am just frustrated.

This + plus Winona being such an awful character (which might be a blessing in disguise, because if I did like her and I'd be so much more disappointed that I can't play her in DS) feels like Klei has no idea what it's doing anymore. 

Exactly. When i see how much negativity Winona get when nothing big was promised, i don't see how people could be happy whatever Klei decide about SW port, and i expect a lot more expectations for players, and disappointment and bitterness for players for every small thing not fitting their taste.

The fact that you blame Klei for Winona being awful (not really, she isn't great for veteran player looking for a different playstyle, it doesn't make her awful. Boring, maybe. Not awful) shows that the problem is not with what Klei brings, but how you receive it.

Anyway, when we'll know how Hamlet works, this topic will maybe make more sense. Better to wait.

Just now, Lumina said:

nothing big was promised

It's a new character tho...I mean, it's kinda of a big deal (whether they made any promotion for it or not).

And I'm not much of a lore guy, but like if you are gonna make up a new character that's related to Charlie, then the least you can do is make her somewhat memorable. 

2 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Boring, maybe. Not awful) 

I would say that makes her awful. I mean, what is your definition of awful? A character that can't move? I mean, boring is the most awful thing you could do. 

6 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Anyway, when we'll know how Hamlet works, this topic will maybe make more sense. Better to wait.

Last thing, I swear. I disagree with this.

I feel like if we don't mention this now, we'll end up in a situation like we did with Shipwrecked. Where Klei had no idea and by the time they were made aware of the issues, it was too late to change anything. 

20 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I would say that makes her awful. I mean, what is your definition of awful? A character that can't move? I mean, boring is the most awful thing you could do. 

Oh, no.
For example, the "Winona could craft for less resource" that so many people suggested like the best idea even (and Klei is so stupid to not have it) could lead to make Winona mandatory for megabase, and so make people feeling that they are forced to play a character they don't like. At the moment, people not liking Winona should have other choices and so able to avoid playing her (she bring nothing that make you force to play her.). So she is just a character that you can choose to not play because you don't like her.

There are others examples of things that could be worse than boring. Frustrating for example, is worse than boring. Or a downside too big can be worse than boring.

17 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Last thing, I swear. I disagree with this.

I feel like if we don't mention this now, we'll end up in a situation like we did with Shipwrecked. Where Klei had no idea and by the time they were made aware of the issues, it was too late to change anything. 

This topic is here for nearly a week and have nearly 10 pages (not to mention you also did a similar topic in the DS section of the game). I think that you made your point, and if you didn't, continue will not change that. But continuing without even the first clue that Hamlet could even works on DST is pointless.

5 minutes ago, Lumina said:

This topic is here for nearly a week and have nearly 10 pages (not to mention you also did a similar topic in the DS section of the game). I think that you made your point, and if you didn't, continue will not change that. But continuing without even the first clue that Hamlet could even works on DST is pointless.

Txf09ql.gif

I still disagree about Winona tho, but that's for another thread....

8 hours ago, DarkIdeals said:

So you're perfectly OK with the bizarre decision of leaving out all the new content from original DS forcing it into obsolescence?

No, actually I'm not. It's not the idea that's lowering my opinion of him, it's how he was acting sometimes.

On 14.9.2017 at 10:21 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I agree that singleplayer shouldn't be done, especially when that's what funded everything, but...The way Klei treats it, it feels like it is done, but they just wanna milk DLC from it. If they really cared about singleplayer, they would add fences or Beefalo riding.

Dude, don't talk about Klei like they are "milking" DLCs and ****s, cuz you just need to take a look at the gaming industry as a whole to see that Klei has pretty decent business practices. So far we have no microtransactions, no fuc-k-i-ng monthly payments and no mandatory DST DLCs that will surely split the gaming base, and I hope Klei will safeguard the game from that cancer in the future.

Please consider the facts before launching accusations you clearly don't have a base for.

Besides, single player does have a decent player base.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

Dude, don't talk about Klei like they are "milking" DLCs and ****s, cuz you just need to take a look at the gaming industry as a whole to see that Klei has pretty decent business practices. So far we have no microtransactions, no mandatory DST DLCs that will surely split the gaming base.

Please consider the facts before launching accusations you clearly don't have a base for.

Besides, single player does have a decent player base.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

I know Klei has to make money somehow. I think myself, and many people, would happily buy a ANR DLC for singleplayer. 

7 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

I know Klei has to make money somehow. I think myself, and many people, would happily buy a ANR DLC for singleplayer. 

well.. you assume "many people" want that cuz YOU want it. 

Personally, I really like that the two franchises are taking different paths.

I enjoy having a diferent gaming experiences everytime I play DS or DST and I think I'm not alone here. SW has a very different flavor and it's completely different from normal DS and RoG. and I hope the Hamlet is gonna add even more complex and will have different mechanics to single player. I personally WANT them to be separate products.

IMO, i'd be a bit stupid having the same content in both. I prefer that the distance can create a market for both in which they can develop in the long run. This is probably not gonna be the last we are gonna hear from single player. Even after the Hamlet, cuz DS is the prime product Klei has and they clearly understand it. 

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

well.. you assume "many people" want that cuz YOU want it. 

Personally, I really like that the two franchises are taking different paths.

I enjoy having a diferent gaming experiences everytime I play DS or DST and I think I'm not alone here. SW has a very different flavor and it's completely different from normal DS and RoG. and I hope the Hamlet is gonna add even more complex and will have different mechanics to single player. I personally WANT them to be separate products.

IMO, i'd be a bit stupid having the same content in both. I prefer that the distance can create a market for both in which they can develop in the long run. This is probably not gonna be the last we are gonna hear from single player. Even after the Hamlet, cuz DS is the prime product Klei has and they clearly understand it. 

Let me make up a scenario for you:

What if...Your favourite character is Winona (unlikely I know, but I doubt she'll be the last character they'll add, so imagine any exclusive DST character) and you want to main this character because she's awesome, and you wanna play everything with her.

Hamlet comes out...What do you do?

It does make sense, given that DST has a bunch of content that's designed for multiplayer, for them to want to release a DS DLC that is specifically designed for single player. Given that they're never going to be merged into the same game, they ought to be more different so that there's a reason to buy both.

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Let me make up a scenario for you:

What if...Your favourite character is Winona (unlikely I know, but I doubt she'll be the last character they'll add, so imagine any exclusive DST character) and you want to main this character because she's awesome, and you wanna play everything with her.

Port Winona to DS and add her as a Workshop mod. That's what I'd do

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Well I don't know how to code, so basically I have to depend on someone else to mod it and keep it up to date.

Far from ideal. 

You don't really have to do anything... There actually is a Winona port in the Workshop. Look it up!

As for keeping it up to date, I'm sure you can take the code from DST and copy-paste it in the Winona Mod's code

8 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Let me make up scenario for you:

Are you serious? you are a Winona's main? Winona is certainly noones favorite so far... so that's an extremely unlikely scenario. You basing your assuptions and arguments on this?... hmmm :/

Besides... 27676215.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

It does make sense, given that DST has a bunch of content that's designed for multiplayer, for them to want to release a DS DLC that is specifically designed for single player. Given that they're never going to be merged into the same game, they ought to be more different so that there's a reason to buy both.

I prefer to play with a mod that allows to play DST as single player .. and not just imposing my demands to Klei with something that it's clearly not what they have in store for DS.

10 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

But problem with that is...There's so many things in the game that don't feel like they are actually designed for multiplayer.

The extra-adorable larvae for example...If you log out of a game, it will starve to death. Same kind of deal with Beefalo riding, you leave it and it will go wild, and someone could just kill it.

Also, Winona, despite being the only DST exclusive character, has no synergy with any other characters.

I would understand if everything in ANR was specific for multiplayer, but it's not.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

Are you serious? you is Winona's main? Winona is certainly noones favorite so far... so that's an extremely unlikely scenario. And you basing your assuptions and arguments based on this... hmmm :/

Besides... 27676215.jpg

I'll try to keep this polite. 

Did you just like, pretend not to read this part?

(unlikely I know, but I doubt she'll be the last character they'll add, so imagine any exclusive DST character)

My point is, unless it's a paid DLC, there won't (probably) be any updates to Singleplayer and they will continue to go to ANR. So stuff like new characters or any kind of new content that might end up really loving, you won't be able to access in DS.

As for this...

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I prefer to play with a mod that allows to play DST as single player .. and not just imposing my demands to Klei with something that it's clearly not what they have in store for DS.

and this...

6 minutes ago, Dorozco said:

You don't really have to do anything... There actually is a Winona port in the Workshop. Look it up!

And this...

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Besides... 27676215.jpg

I'll just repeat what I just said...

so basically I have to depend on someone else to mod it and keep it up to date.

Far from ideal. 

4 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I'll try to keep this polite. 

Did you just like, pretend not to read this part?

(unlikely I know, but I doubt she'll be the last character they'll add, so imagine any exclusive DST character)

My point is, unless it's a paid DLC, there won't (probably) be any updates to Singleplayer and they will continue to go to ANR. So stuff like new characters or any kind of new content that might end up really loving, you won't be able to access in DS.

they are probably gonna add some DS exclusive characters with the Hamlet as well.. we don't know yet..

so are you gonna ask for the same thing to be included in DST?

SW characters are exclusive to DS some DST characters are exclusive to DST.. I see NO problem with that.

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

they are probably gonna add some DS exclusive caracters as well.. we don't know yet..

so are you gonna ask for the same thing to be included in DST?

SW characters are explusive to DS some DST characters are explusive to DST.. I see NO problem with that.

There are many people who main Shipwrecked characters who aren't very happy about that...I'm not one of them, but hey, if you see there's no problem, then there ain't no problem XD

Archived