Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

37 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

From my understanding in the current state of the game a DST SW world would probably require another server to run (Forest, Cave, now theoretically Islands). How many mid-end/consumer computers can smoothly run 3 servers simultaneously?

Yeah, that's the difficulty. I remember at one point they said that Caves would be impossible. They managed it at the end, but clearly it's not an easy thing.

However, why can't we just have servers that are dedicated to only Shipwrecked, I don't know. I assume Klei wants there to be a reason for you to buy Shipwrecked (back when Hamlet wasn't around), which I think is dumb personally...As a owner of Singleplayer, I'd be completely ok with Shipwrecked being ported over to DST, as long as the content from ANR was ported to singleplayer and gives me a reason to play it.

8 hours ago, DarkIdeals said:

If anything they are lazy and/or apathetic.

I wouldn't say lazy, because they clearly are working hard on stuff like Forge, but definitely apathetic. They just don't care. People want to play Shipwrecked characters in DST, and vice-versa if there were any fun DST exclusive characters (Winona still sucks, sorry), but they don't care. People want to have fences and quality of life improvement in single-player, but they don't care. People want to play Shipwrecked with friends, but they don't care.

They just don't care. And it annoys me. Stuff like Forge is fun and I appreciate the work they do, but they can't just move on to new stuff and forget these old issues. They will always be there and they need to address it.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, Audra Verela said:

Wow. You seem to have trouble understanding that people other than you are out there and play and enjoy singleplayer DS. Sure, I'd love to see some SW things (namely meadow turf) in DST, and DST stuff like skins in DS. It's not stuff that takes away from the gameplay, since each game has their merits and I love playing both. Why would you want all of that in one game?

You are kidding right? you wonder why somebody would want the best of both in DST?

On 9/14/2017 at 7:22 AM, SuperDavid said:

if someone doesn't have 5 dollars to buy a dlc then how do they even afford to pay for internet to play DST in the first place?

Way to throw those without disposable income under the bus.

Literally dismissing the young audience that Don't Starve no doubt attracts. Their parents don't want them buying the DLC, but they still pay for the internet.

It could also be those college students who have enough money for rent and some internet, but are unable to afford DLC because they're too busy living off ramen. 

We're not all wealthy adults here.

On 9/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, SuperDavid said:

Well for a group of people who is jobs is to code, make art, ect.. nothing is impossible. Literally I saw someone made a mod for DST which turns the game into freaking Super Smash Brothers

They did it out of a love for the game. The devs at Klei have mouths to feed and a company to uphold, and sometimes it just isn't worth it to spend that time and money on something that isn't very viable in the long term, no matter how high the demand from the fan base is.

Keep in mind all of this is most likely a precisely calculated move chosen to be the most profitable venue for them to go down. They want to continue pushing sales for Don't Starve so that they can eventually spark interest in players eventually transitioning and purchasing DST out of curiosity, and that in turn further funds development of future games.

Now I apologize for sounding very cynical, but that's just how it is.

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Literally dismissing the young audience that Don't Starve no doubt attracts. Their parents don't want them buying the DLC, but they still pay for the internet.

Don't Starve is most likely not geared towards younger audiences because of its creepy tone, depressing colors, & its slightly repetitive gameplay. Imo it's more geared towards teenagers & adults. If you're a teenager & you can't do couple chores around the house to earn 5 bucks or you're an adult which doesn't have 5 dollars to spare then that's your problem...I know that sounds harsh, but that's just how it is :twisted:!

Also, you have to be over age of 13 years old to use Steam since Steam is not intended for children under 13.

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

We're not all wealthy adults here.

In which country does having 5 dollars make you considered wealthy :wilson_ecstatic:?

9 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

If you're a teenager & you can't do couple chores around the house to earn 5 bucks or you're an adult which doesn't have 5 dollars to spare then that's your problem...I know that sounds harsh, but that's just how it is :twisted:!

Also, you have to be over age of 13 years old to use Steam since Steam is not intended for children under 13.

Ok, let's address the 13 years of age. You honestly think that'll stop people from making an account anyways? 

It's like saying children don't play Rated M games because clerks aren't allowed to sell it to them; they just get their parents to buy it.

How many 8-year olds have you seen or heard about screaming in a CoD match? It's a meme for a reason m9.

There's also the fact that there are parents who won't allow their children to blow their hard earned money on something like this. ("Well then how did they get the game?" I can hear you ask. Naive grandparents giving children steam gift cards for birthdays/christmas, or maybe their friend gifted them the game.)

9 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

In which country does having 5 dollars make you considered wealthy :wilson_ecstatic:?

This has nothing to do with 5 dollars. It's all about disposable income. Doesn't matter if it's 5 dollars or 5 hundred dollars, the point's still the same.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Ok, let's address the 13 years of age. You honestly think that'll stop people from making an account anyways? 

It's like saying children don't play Rated M games because clerks aren't allowed to sell it to them; they just get their parents to buy it.

How many 8-year olds have you seen or heard about screaming in a CoD match? It's a meme for a reason m9.

There's also the fact that there are parents who won't allow their children to blow their hard earned money on something like this. ("Well then how did they get the game?" I can hear you ask. Naive grandparents giving children steam gift cards for birthdays/christmas, or maybe their friend gifted them the game.)

First of all, kids under age of 13 years old shouldn't be making accounts on Steam, it doesn't matter if they will still make an account it's still against Steam's rules.

Second of all, if the parents don't allow their kid to spent their hard earned money on Steam then that's fine it's their money & their right to do what they want with it, & kids/people aren't entitled to free DLC because they don't have the money to buy it ya know.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

This has nothing to do with 5 dollars. It's all about disposable income. Doesn't matter if it's 5 dollars or 5 hundred dollars, the point's still the same.

If someone doesn't have disposable income then gaming is not the right hobby for them, gaming is one of the biggest hobbies which requires people to have lots of disposable income to spend on games, console, pc, ect. It's not the right hobby for people who can barley get by everyday, that's just how it is.

To be honest, I don't mind Klei doing Don't Starve DLCs! I enjoy playing singleplayer from time to time because of shipwrecked. Hamlet seems interesting content wise, and I bet it will be ported over into Together just like the SW is being ported atm

3 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

If someone doesn't have disposable income then gaming is not the right hobby for them, gaming is one of the biggest hobbies which requires people to have lots of disposable income to spend on games, console, pc, ect. It's not the right hobby for people who can barley get by everyday, that's just how it is.

:wilson_pirate: Piracy.

2 hours ago, DragonflyTheGiant said:

I bet it will be ported over into Together just like the SW is being ported atm

Wait what? You mean officially, or mod community?

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Still cheaper than the Wendyflower skin in the marketplace. 

Hide contents

I'll never NOT be salty over that. EVER.

It's bound to go down once more are found, just because someone set a price for it doesn't mean anybody will actually buy it for that. 

Archived