Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

Just now, SuperDavid said:

That building thing is probably when you open the door it fades to black the outside world & shows inside of the building & it has walls like how caves worlds had walls before they removed them, so it's not even a real "room".

And if this pig ruins is its own thing then as I said Klei can make it that having DLC on means you can't go to a non-dlc world, but this is really only a problem for people with bad computers & it's not legit excuse.

You make it sound like magic.

"Its that thing when it fades to black... etc"

Yeah but mechanic wise where is that information being stored? A million tiny shards? No? How would it work in multiplayer either way?

You seem set on it being feasible but to me that just sounds like a dream and a lot of wishful thinking. If we can't agree, we can't agree, and that's fine.

2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Klei...KLEI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! Did we learn nothing from Shipwrecked!?! 

Firstly, making new shard world is not what we want. Shipwrecked was pretty, but it was just hollow compared to ROG. Why do you keep building things from scratch?!? JUST ADD TO ROG AS A NEW BIOME, THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE WANTS.

Secondly, are you expecting us to buy DLC for single-player game that  you refuse to update with the stuff from Together. Nobody plays Singleplayer anymore because it's outdated...and now you are adding DLC for it. 

Are the people who make Together and Singleplayer different departments that don't speak to each other?!? Get your damn crap together guys (literally, STICK EVERYTHING TOGETHER INTO ONE GAME AND STOP SEGREGATING CONTENT)

Image result for get your shit together gif

Agree with you! Just see players statistics on don't starve steamcharts page: http://steamcharts.com/app/219740 . 24-hour peak - ~2000 players.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You make it sound like magic.

"Its that thing when it fades to black... etc"

Yeah but mechanic wise where is that information being stored? A million tiny shards? No? How would it work in multiplayer either way?

You seem set on it being feasible but to me that just sounds like a dream and a lot of wishful thinking. If we can't agree, we can't agree, and that's fine.

It's not magic though.

It's a piece of land, on the outside it looks like e.g. a house with a house texture & it will have walls which cannot be entered through.

There will be a door on the house which can be opened. Once you enter that door all the land which not the inside of the house will not be visible anymore, & no sounds will be heard from the outside, simulating a room separate from the world.

Once you're inside the house you will then see all the stuff inside the house & walls which the outside house texture is covering.

Something like that would not require 1 million shards or something, all it would require is a bigger world for more land for houses which for Klei would be easier than eating a piece of cake, even modders can increase world size.

Though, what Klei is probably doing now is a bunch of small individual shards for every house, & every house has there own little world which you can be invincible against all climates & entities on the outside... Even if they're doing that, that wouldn't stop them from being able to port the DLC to DST. The only reason the Hamlet DLC is for DS & not DST is because of the excuse of "separating the community" which they're already doing it with all this exclusive DLC for DS :wilson_cry:...

I like both the single player game and together. They just have different themes. For multiplayer, you always want to think about balance, so things like old bell is hard to get implied. But you don't worry about that in singleplayer. Also, if there's going to be a storyline, having multi people playing together might just mess it up.

1 hour ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Come on...Don't you remember the reaction that Shipwrecked got?

So you are willfully ignoring people who disagree with you because... reasons.

Why would you play it tho, when all the new stuff is in Together. Doesn't it make more sense just to have a closed server?

Performance (for some people), SW, adventure mode, world hopping, easier farming (krampus relog abuse, fire farms, burnt pinecone glitch + old bell or boat cannon), and easier modding come to mind.

But they are not doing that. Why haven't they added Beefalo riding or fences, or a billion things from Together, that would work brilliantly in singleplayer?

Klei not porting ANR content to single player means the SW content update and Hamlet will have no new content and no bug fixes whatsoever? Is that what you're saying?

The main problem I think is clearly: we don't accept DST like a "new game" but like a "better version" of DS. 

I don't wanna talk about the hard choice of a company who develop games, the problem with "merge" all the contents, the "money" problem, yes I'm sure the 100% of people on this forum is ready to pay for a dlc on DST, but how about console and people who play it in a casual way?. 

I just wanna say one thing: Klei it's not perfect ok, but the company give us a big Entertainment for years, and I trust their choice. I have faith on them. Do you?

ps: of course I would love a DST with a full contents or even a DS+DST merge one for all instead of two games, but it's ok anyway, it's a feedback without hate. 

14 minutes ago, Morfeo said:

The main problem I think is clearly: we don't accept DST like a "new game" but like a "better version" of DS. 

Well that's because DST is a better version of DS, it has multiplayer & content which is not in DS. The games are also pretty much identical, so if that's not a better version of a game then what is?

I don't wanna talk about the hard choice of a company who develop games, the problem with "merge" all the contents, the "money" problem

May I ask what is this money problem? Because if there was DLC for DST, people would obviously have to pay money to own the DLC the same way you pay money to buy DLC for DS, so what exactly is the problem?

I just wanna say one thing: Klei it's not perfect ok, but the company give us a big Entertainment for years, and I trust their choice. I have faith on them. Do you?

Their choice is to not make DLC for DST because it would split the community which in reality they already did the moment they made ANR for DST, they split the DS & DST community. So, right now the only faith people can have for DLC in DST is modders which will take many years for those mods to come out, probably the time when DST is dead & there's a sequel to it :(...

3 horas atrás, TheKingofSquirrels disse:

Klei ... KLEI! QUE DIABOS ESTÁ FAZENDO?!?!

Me desculpe, mas isso é ridículo! Nós não aprendemos nada com Shipwrecked!?! 

Em primeiro lugar, faça um novo mundo de fragmentos não é o que queremos. Era da era do Naufragado, mas era apenas oco em comparação com o ROG. Por que você continua construindo coisas do zero?!? APENAS ADICIONE AO ROG COMO UM NOVO BIOME, É O QUE QUEM QUER QUE QUER.

Em segundo lugar, você está esperando que nós compremos o DLC para o jogo de um jogador que   você pode usar como juntas. Ninguém joga mais o singleplayer porque está desatualizado ... e agora você está adicionando DLC para isso. 

Como pessoas que fazem juntos o único jogador de diferentes países que não falam entre si?!? Obtenha sua maldida sujeira juntos (literalmente, VAGUE TUDO JUNTO EM UM JOGO E PARE SEGURANÇA DO CONTEÚDO )

Resultado da imagem para obter a sua merda juntos gif

sorry, more i would rather This dlc in singplayer, there are persons to prefer to play offline.

54 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Their choice is to not make DLC for DST because it would split the community which in reality they already did the moment they made ANR for DST, they split the DS & DST community. So, right now the only faith people can have for DLC in DST is modders which will take many years for those mods to come out, probably the time when DST is dead & there's a sequel to it 

One more time: The community they don't want to split is the DST players, *who are playing the same game together* and might not be able to continue to do so if some of them have the DLC and some don't. Since people who play DS and DST are *not playing the same game* they can't be prevented from playing that game together. Klei might integrate Hamlet into DST at some later date, and they might not. None of us actually know what their plans or reasons are with regard to that, and all the tantruming in the world is unlikely to affect that either way. It's great for fans of the single player game (quite a few of whom have no interest in DST at all) that Klei is still updating that game. I know a lot of them have been fearing that it had been abandoned.

I like DST, i want new stuff for DST, DST is nice and all, but for what i understand for this hamlet DLC, it's not something i see fitting in the DST playstyle.

Of course i could be wrong.

But for what i understand, the idea of the pig hamlet is close to one original idea for DS : you have a pig village, you have others dangerous areas to explore, you try to explore theses areas, bring treasures, and improve the pig village. With probably a lot of nice shops and trading and all.

Honestly, it doesn't seems that it's a lot "Don't Starve" like we know it (with bases and survival (at least survival as we know it), but something a little different that is linked to don't starve but isn't working on the same idea.

This is a lot of guessing and i could be wrong again. But i think that classic DS is a best place for this game, because i feel like the atmosphere/ambience will not be the same at all alone and with friends.

I agree that i was disappointed to see how much SW was separated from RoG, but i'm not sure it's the same thing going on here, because the separation seems a lot more justified for what i can see.

So please, i understand you point of view, but i would prefer it to be expressed in a more calm way, and understand that others people expectations can be different. I don't feel like the situation for the Hamlet is the same than the situation for ShipWrecked, neither i feel like the Hamlet (at the moment and for what we know) is something we can need in DST. Also, they are working on Forge and others events for DST, i hope we'll have nice contents and all, so as long as DST isn't abandonned, i think that DS deserve something too. DST and DS are taking differents paths, it's ok. DS was without update for a while, something is coming, it's a good thing.

The needs of the games aren't necessarily the same now.

1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

One more time: The community they don't want to split is the DST players, *who are playing the same game together* and might not be able to continue to do so if some of them have the DLC and some don't.

Well that's still not a real excuse since e.g. some players like to play with mods & many servers don't have those mods does that mean Klei should remove mod support since it's splitting the community?

3 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Klei might integrate Hamlet into DST at some later date, and they might not.

They did not do it with Shipwrecked, so it's basically confirmed that Hamlet will not be integrated into DST.

4 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

None of us actually know what their plans or reasons are with regard to that, and all the tantruming in the world is unlikely to affect that either way.

It's totally okay to speculate what their reasons are, & it's not tantruming but it's criticism in the tiny bit of hope that Klei may change their mind about DLC being for DS only & make DLC for DST even if it will be released a couple months after the DS DLC.

6 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I like DST, i want new stuff for DST, DST is nice and all, but for what i understand for this hamlet DLC, it's not something i see fitting in the DST playstyle.

Well this is your opinion & I respect it, but some people including myself do not really care what the game fits with & they just want to play the game with friends, family & have a good ol' fun time :)! It's just a bummer that DS gets to have 2 huge DLCS which change the game's gameplay so much while what new content DST got didn't really effect the core gameplay (e.g. swimming in the ocean, huge pig cities).

9 minutes ago, Lumina said:

So please, i understand you point of view, but i would prefer it to be expressed in a more calm way

Well excuuuse me princess! I'm sorry if I came off as non-calm to you xD

I don't have a problem with DLCs for DST but also I don't mind no DLC for DST my only worry is - if there are no DLCs for DST does that mean no big content at once ... I mean ok events that's really nice but events are not here to stay ... and I want new biomes for DST , content that will change the normal world and is here to stay .

As for why the hamlet is not for DST , if I have to guess they can't add 2-3 more worlds to DST that will be running at once (like caves and normal world) ... I think they can add it but the old PCs won't support many worlds at once . Just for the hamlet they will need like 2 more worlds for SW one more (+ volcano 2) . That makes 6 worlds running at once , I think my PC will be able to support it , so I would not mind it but at the same time I can see many old PC not begin able to .

5 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Well excuuuse me princess! I'm sorry if I came off as non-calm to you xD

Sorry if i wasn't clear, my post was more an answer to the first post, with the SENTENCES LIKE THIS ASSUMING THAT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME POINT OF VIEW THAN THE AUTHOR.

Which i find agressive quickly.

So please, don't call me princess out of nowhere because i don't want this kind of things, thanks.

5 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Well this is your opinion & I respect it, but some people including myself do not really care what the game fits with & they just want to play the game with friends, family & have a good ol' fun time :)! It's just a bummer that DS gets to have 2 huge DLCS which change the game's gameplay so much while what new content DST got didn't really effect the core gameplay (e.g. swimming in the ocean, huge pig cities).

I could understand that you want more for DST. I want more too, i would like to see more biomes, and a poison or disease system to have new challenges over time, and stuff like this.

But i'm just not sure that the content planned for DS will be fun to play in DST, and it's the most important thing for me.

Shipwrecked being ported to DST is different from Hamlet being ported to DST.

Shipwrecked still has the "survival" feel to it, albeit with a large world in the middle of the ocean.

Hamlet looks more akin to something that's not survival based, but has survival themes, like for example Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing. Those are the vibes I get from it so far.

Shipwrecked COULD be compatable, Hamlet WOULDN'T be compatable. That's the difference here.

So Hamlet being ported to DST is something I'm not expecting from Klei. Like, at all. Shipwrecked, however, could work with a little more elbow grease.

But Hamlet being multiplayer compatable is something I wouldn't even think possible without changing some of the core elements it may be using. Or it could work, we haven't even gotten to 2018 yet.

3 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

That building thing is probably when you open the door it fades to black the outside world & shows inside of the building & it has walls like how caves worlds had walls before they removed them, so it's not even a real "room".

Oh that sounds a lot like how buildings worked in the older paper mario games.

If I have to give a suggestion on how to do DLC for DST - There are 2 ways to make it

1.Only the host need to have the DLC to create the world (and all can join to it) but this will cut the profit by a lot , example = I play with my friends , well only I will buy it and they will just join my server .

2. Connect DS to DST (by steam acc info) and add a toggle ON/OFF on DST DLC = If you have SW in DS = You can now make/add SW world in your DST game . Same could be done for hamlet . Now the biggest problem here is that , from what I know , DS and DST have a bit of a different engine versions so just porting over the content won't be that easy . As for balance well as a person who is here for the challengle I would not mind even if they don't touch the balance one bit , and just port it to dst .
Another problem is that if you want SW/hamlet . You will need to own DS and DS DLCs so you can play them in DST .

A side note : I get the frustration ppl are having(me begin one of them) that hamlet is for DS . Mainly because now I'm really used to paly this game with friends , to share the expirience with other ppl . And I really wanna do it with SW too = survive the foolds together and the meteor shower too . Not to mention that SW is meant to be harder than basic DS(+RoG) so i would really love playing it with friends . So with this news the same will happen to hamlet ... I will want to share the adventure with my friends , to survive it together .
But I can understand why they do it ... Just a bit worried about DST content now ...

Just now, 1v0 said:

1.Only the host need to have the DLC to create the world (and all can join to it) but this will cut the profit by a lot , example = I play with my friends , well only I will buy it and they will just join my server .

This is how PayDay2 handled it's DLC missions & boy that game had a LOT of dlc back in the day & many people would buy the dlc too.

1 minute ago, 1v0 said:

2. Connect DS to DST (by steam acc info) and add a toggle ON/OFF on DST DLC = If you have SW in DS = You can now make/add SW world in your DST game . Same could be done for hamlet . Now the biggest problem here is that , from what I know , DS and DST have a bit of a different engine versions so just porting over the content won't be that easy . As for balance well as a person who is here for the challengle I would not mind even if they don't touch the balance one bit , and just port it to dst .
Another problem is that if you want SW/hamlet . You will need to own DS and DS DLCs so you can play them in DST .

This also sounds like a very reasonable, it's similar to how when you buy a game on Sony you get a download for both your PS Vita & Play station if the game has both versions!

Hopefully, Klei is taking notes on how to do DLC for a multiplayer game :wilson_lightbulb:!

1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

Hopefully, Klei is taking notes on how to do DLC for a multiplayer game :wilson_lightbulb:!

Yeah, sure, because they didn't think about it before, but hey, players are here, with totally no knowledge or stats. With this deep expertise, we can offer solutions that are obvioulsy better.

Better than what exactly ? What is wrong with the way Klei is managing it ?

Just now, Lumina said:

Yeah, sure, because they didn't think about it before, but hey, players are here, with totally no knowledge or stats. With this deep expertise, we can offer solutions that are obvioulsy better.

Better than what exactly ? What is wrong with the way Klei is managing it ?

Well maybe the thing is wrong is that they don't want to bring the DLC to the Deluxe version of DS, aka Don't Starve Together because they think people will be forced to buy DLC when there's actually really simple ways to prevent that already mentioned by 1v0.

Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't think about this before or else they would have said that they will release the DLC for both versions of the game & not just the solo DS, or they would've at least said "We may have plans to port this DLC for DST too if it sells well in DS!".

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Single player should get gates, fences and minisigns. Those are refinements that should be easy to transfer. 

I agree, I'd love some gates. Magiluminescence refueling came from DST iirc. I mean, it was added to SW (and later to vanilla game aswell, i think?).

5 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Firstly, making new shard world is not what we want. Shipwrecked was pretty, but it was just hollow compared to ROG. Why do you keep building things from scratch?!?

As people said already, don't speak for everyone. It's your opinion which is one thing. Also, I don't want to be associated with someone who's so ungrateful and offensive when speaking their point of view, which is second thing.
Using caps and many exclamation marks won't help you persuade people, it just makes them dislike you more, in this case.

But yeah, about these shard things. I like how SW is separate. I highly prefer SW over RoG and know many people who think the same.

9 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Well maybe the thing is wrong is that they don't want to bring the DLC to the Deluxe version of DS, aka Don't Starve Together because they think people will be forced to buy DLC when there's actually really simple ways to prevent that already mentioned by 1v0.

Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't think about this before or else they would have said that they will release the DLC for both versions of the game & not just the solo DS, or they would've at least said "We may have plans to port this DLC for DST too if it sells well in DS!".

I disagree with you. I'm sure Klei did this choice for valids reasons, with reflection and reason. That some other games did a different choice doesn't mean that their choice is the best for DST too.

For example, what will happen with official servers ? No DLC ? So no RoG ? No ANR ? No future Forge ? Yeah, so great, i pay for a DLC but couldn't not enjoy it if i play on official server ? Seems so great.

DLC available on official server ? Most people will not bother to buy them, then.

Maybe it's working better on PayDay2 (maybe they don't have official servers ?).

But the thing is : if SW isn't on DST it's not because "we don't want to divide the community" so what will it solve to have DLC in DST ?

They gave us ROG, they could give us SW in the same way, or with the "SW skins to fund the DLC port" for example. If SW isn't on DST it's not because of the DLC part.

So your so obvious solution (stupid Klei they didn't got the idea) will solve nothing at all. Just create frustration that isn't needed.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

For example, what will happen with official servers ? No DLC ? So no RoG ? No ANR ? No future Forge ? Yeah, so great, i pay for a DLC but couldn't not enjoy it if i play on official server ? Seems so great.

RoG is a part of the DST vanilla experience, it would be a bad move to make that as a DLC for DST. ANR was a free update which added a lot of optional content, it would also be a bad move to make that DLC because it was supposed to be "free". Future Forge is a timed event like Halloween & stuff, it is going to removed after its 1 month of glory & nobody will be able to play with it for a year again.

3 minutes ago, Lumina said:

DLC available on official server ? Most people will not bother to buy them, then.

Maybe it's working better on PayDay2 (maybe they don't have official servers ?).

Payday 2 does not have official servers & a simple solution to this is to I dunno, maybe not include the paid DLC on the official servers :)?

5 minutes ago, Lumina said:

But the thing is : if SW isn't on DST it's not because "we don't want to divide the community" so what will it solve to have DLC in DST ?

Sorry but I couldn't understand everything you were trying to say :), but "what will it solve to have DLC in DST ?"

Well, it would definitely make a bunch of people happy to be able to play a good game with their friends, & family with the most up to date content, & it would put a lot of money in Klei's wallet...I think that's why all game devs make DLC for games, right?

8 minutes ago, Lumina said:

So your so obvious solution (stupid Klei they didn't got the idea) will solve nothing at all. Just create frustration that isn't needed.

I'm sorry, but how would giving DST players the option to purchase DLC create frustration that isn't needed xD?

18 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I disagree with you. I'm sure Klei did this choice for valids reasons, with reflection and reason. That some other games did a different choice doesn't mean that their choice is the best for DST too.

They gave us ROG, they could give us SW in the same way, or with the "SW skins to fund the DLC port" for example. If SW isn't on DST it's not because of the DLC part.

It might be stupid but it's the best way to not devide DS and DST into 2 community . Also you know the official server has a player limit so ... Not everyone will be able to join , and I don't think everyone will want to leech of it . I play both games but I have joined the forum specially for DST . And I wanna play SW with my friends too , now with hamlet even before it's out I know that I will like it and because of that I will want to paly it with my friends . But in the end I don't know nor do you , what is best or is not , Klei are the ones that know , that's why it was only an suggestion .

Archived