Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Or, it could be that it was giving too much away. Krampus and Klaus (even unimplemented Wortox) are visually similar to the ancient ancient (that's not a mistake) race of demon looking fellas before even the Ancient's time. We see their fossils in the ancient murals from the Metheus puzzle. They resemble the Fuelweaver's bones as well. They're sort of this "unexplained presence", and so it made sense that Charlie didn't make them. Of course with the line changed, it's hard to say what's factual anymore.

If the old concept art of the several Krampi is going to be explored in the future, that'd be awesome!

12 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The main point of this thread is talking about how ridiculous it is that DLC is being released for an outdated game...

Yeah, because keeping DS outdated is of course a good solution.

Some DS players will love seeing their game having new content. Especially if this content doesn't fit DST for a reason or another. Keeping DS outdated because it's outdated, there is something wrong in the logic.

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

I'm sorry, but i don't see your point. Could you explain ?

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Wait, that's your point? No wonder this makes no sense.

That keeping DS outdated for no reason makes no sense. Pass the stuff from ANR so it's up to date (non-lore conflicting stuff), so it's actually worth buying DLC for the DS. 

My problem with Hamlet isn't the fact that I can't play with other people (couldn't care less about that, I always play now on a closed server by myself), my problem is that there is no point in playing DS if the new stuff isn't there.

Currently, I'm playing a closed server world on DST...but now with Hamlet coming out, what's the point?

That's my problem. I'm in it  for long term game (I assume many people are), so starting a new world, either in DS or DST, and knowing that I can't access half the content because Klei wants to make a few more bucks is infuriating.

But I'm glad you finally agree with me, that's something at least. 

3 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I don't think i agree with you. I have no problem with Hamlet being exclusive to DS, and i have no problem with more content in DS even if DS doesn't have DST update, because we don't even know yet how the Hamlet will work.

Didn't you say that DS shouldn't be kept outdated for the sake of being outdated?

11 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

My problem with Hamlet isn't the fact that I can't play with other people (couldn't care less about that, I always play now on a closed server by myself), my problem is that there is no point in playing DS if the new stuff isn't there.

You can play both you know. I play DST when I want to play with my friends, and regular DS when I want to play by myself with Shipwrecked content, things that are actually fair for one person, and characters that aren't nerfed. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Didn't you say that DS shouldn't be kept outdated for the sake of being outdated?

They were being sarcastic implying it's a horrible idea.

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

You can play both you know. I play DST when I want to play with my friends, and regular DS when I want to play by myself with Shipwrecked content, things that are actually fair for one person, and characters that aren't nerfed. 

Yeah, but I can't play them on the same world. 

That ruins the lore more than anything. 

3 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

And I repeat, I want to play by myself, but I want to have things like Beefalo riding or Klaus battles.

2 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

And I repeat, I want to play by myself, but I want to have thing like Beefalo riding or Klaus battles.

Not sure why you'd want Beefalo riding with how tedious and useless it is (really, you're better off with a walking cane or coffee then baby sitting something for 15-20 days for a negligible speed boost).

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

Not sure why you'd want Beefalo riding with how tedious and useless it is (really, you're better off with a walking cane or coffee).

I like having pets. Again, something that Together seems to do a lot more of. For example, Extra-Adorable Lavae...which is one of those things that makes me doubt Klei's judgement entirely.

IT LITERALLY STARVES TO DEATH IF YOU LOG OUT, HOW IS THIS MORE SUITED FOR MULTIPLAYER THAN SINGLEPLAYER?!?!

Ugh. ******* Klei.

11 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I'm sorry maybe it's because english isn't my native language, i maybe made a mistake ?

My point is : DS could be outdated now, because it doesn't have ANR content (so if you want to play classic DS, DST could be a better choice because of more content), but this isn't a reason to refuse DS to have new content/update (the Hamlet).

I think that DS doesn't have to have ANR to have the right to have the Hamlet. DS and DST are different games.

Also, at the moment, you are asking to port a single-player DLC (with no proof that it's compatible with multiplayer) in DST, or asking to port a multiplayer content (like beefalo riding) with no proof that you even will be able to use this kind of content in the DLC (we don't even know if there will be beefalo or anything like this.)

I don't know, it's like if you are asking to add chocolate in a meat pie and meat in a chocolate pie, because they are both pies, and they use the same recipe for the dough, and you don't want them separate.

Can we please see if the taste of chocolate is compatible with the taste of meat before doing this ?

Because it could (yeah, some meat recipe use chocolate to give taste and a little bitterness to a dish). But it could also not work and i like my pies as they are now, i don't want them to be spoiled.

Thanks for your understanding :)

13 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Not sure why you'd want Beefalo riding with how tedious and useless it is (really, you're better off with a walking cane or coffee then baby sitting something for 15-20 days for a negligible speed boost).

I don't think any reason is necessary to like beefalo riding. I love beefalo riding too. Why? I don't know. I just like it. So on longer worlds I tend to tame one.

10 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I don't think any reason is necessary to like beefalo riding. I love beefalo riding too. Why? I don't know. I just like it. So on longer worlds I tend to tame one.

Right, but does it actually adding anything to the game in the big picture? Is it worth adding it over things that can be just as cool but add more to the game?

2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Right, but does it actually adding anything to the game in the big picture?

Nothing you cannot live without... just like many other things in the game. It's just another way to play the game. 

And because I like it (among others) I play more DST than DS, and play DS mainly for the adventure mode and SW (and for Hamlet, if it comes out :) )

But to stay on topic, I personally not feel that beefalo riding should be added to DS. I have no problem with it being DST-only. When it comes to exclusive content, I'm more like "No beefalo riding in DS? Then I play DST", rather than "I play DS, and I want beefalo riding".

I do want gates in DS. There isn't even a mod for this that works properly. I also want minisigns. Beefalo taming I can live without. But there's been some goal post moving here. The ranty original post complained that Klei was adding the Hamlet DLC to DS instead of to DST. Hardly anyone disagrees with the idea of adding some handy mechanics and items/structures from DST into DS. And for all we know, Klei will do that. Hamlet isn't out yet. We don't know what it will include or whether it will be at all compatible with multiplayer. Which is why it seems so pointless to fly into all-caps outrage and insults over the fact that they are adding it to DS.

Archived