[Game Update] - (BETA Preview) 197150

2 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I honestly don't understand the hype that is being put up each time Klei teases something new about DST. Can anybody explain this to me?

We are aficionados of the game's universe; I suppose this is the magical conundrum of feelings, you know ;).

56 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Haven't seen anybody theorizing anything about what is being introduced as to how it relates to the lore though.

You're apparently looking in the wrong areas. There have been threads about the resemblance of shadow chesspieces to the statues of the Ancients and deciphered shadow messages in the insanity sounds, for instance.

10 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990

YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990YEA.thumb.png.a78cb16f12442322433ba45990

Isn't one artwork enough? You could have credited @verm1ll1on too, by the way. A nice gesture.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, 1v0 said:

Hmmm seasonal herds does that means we will get 4 new herds for every season ? or just this one for a 1 of the season but like 2-3 herds ... I have no-eye-deer for now . The preview looks good can't wait for the patch .

I assumed that "seasonal" refers to the holiday season and that like Hallowed Night, whatever these herds are will be temporary. Who knows if that's true, but the fact that it's reindeer gave me that impression.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I assumed that "seasonal" refers to the holiday season and that like Hallowed Night, whatever these herds are will be temporary. Who knows if that's true, but the fact that it's reindeer gave me that impression.

Naaa I think they will be like the pengulls there is still time for the special content to arrive . My main question was , to put it simply - will there be more herds for every season a new 1 (not only the deers) or only the deers for 1 of the seasons . Because herd mentality for a update title when there is only one heard ... I don't know it sound kinda fishy unless the pets have something to do with it too . 

• Like 1

Because herd mentality for a update title when there is only one heard ... I don't know it sound kinda fishy unless the pets have something to do with it too . 

Well, there will be more interactions between player and their pets and both could be regarded as a herd, so...

58 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Now that I think about it. It's a bit odd that the no eye deer's fur is brown.

The resemblance to deerclops immediately made me think they were for winter, but the brown fur has me considering otherwise.

I'm sorry, am I missing something? Last I knew, deer keep the same fur color all year, including winter. And they're typically brown so I'm not really seeing what their fur color has to do with anything.

• Like 2

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm sorry, am I missing something? Last I knew, deer keep the same fur color all year, including winter. And they're typically brown so I'm not really seeing what their fur color has to do with anything.

"Seasonal herds" meaning they're seasonal. Not all year.

In Don't Starve, some animals take on winter coats, such as robins and jackelopes. Since these deers hold many similarities with deerclops I had drawn the conclusion that they would be a winter seasonal herd, but they have brown fur when they could have just as easily had white. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

"Seasonal herds" meaning they're seasonal. Not all year.

In Don't Starve, some animals take on winter coats, such as robins and jackelopes. Since these deers hold many similarities with deerclops I had drawn the conclusion that they would be a winter seasonal herd, but they have brown fur when they could have just as easily had white. 

First of all, I want to point out that the red bird and the snow bird are clearly not the same bird. Look at their beaks. But that's just me being nit-picky and is besides the point. I just think that basing it off of the fur color seems kinda strange. Brown would be quite reasonable for a deer in the winter. I mean reindeer live in cold and snowy climates almost all year round but they still have brown fur.

Although you might be onto something. Not because of the fur color of course, but because if we have pengulls as a winter exclusive animal already.

Hmm, if they are not for winter, they are probably for fall. Fall is when the rut starts and white tails go absolutely bonkers.

My family has hit at least five of them, probably more, with various cars because of the rut. They get very dumb.

It's also the best time for hunting, since the males are chasing the females around all the time. Sadly, I've only ever shot two, and never a buck.

• Like 3

Yea, and deer tend to move around the most as the cold sets in/vacates, ie (depending on where you live but mostly) later fall or earlier spring...fall probably fitting the stereotype best/the appearance of these best.
I live in a mountain.
literally inside a mountain

• Like 1

Last day(?) thoughts on the teaser:

Mini signs: You will have to use an item on the sign to give it a picture. Item will not be consumed in process.

Bundled supplies: Crafted from rope and papyrus; Use it on stack of items to bundle them up.

Unicorn/Deerclops hybrid: Both of deers might be a same creature. During mating season they might just grow a horn.

Royal Drops: Is it an implication of more than one drop?