[Game Update] - 189768

• Developer
  • Fixed some bugs with giants interacting with the Stagehand.
  • Added sounds for Moon Stone interactions.
  • Added sounds for Marble Sculpture interactions.
  • Updated Moon Stone minimap icon.
  • Updated Moonrock Wall animations.
  • Improved Chester’s ability to keep up with players after a server is shutdown and later resumed.

View full update

• Like 8

THANK YOU, about the Chester thing! That's been a problem for me for a while.  I get Chester, stop playing...and every now and then, when I resume, he's absolutely nowhere to be found. But not all the time.  Just sometimes.  But seriously, he shouldn't forget about his own eyebone between sessions.  So thanks for fixing that! 

At first I was worried that some weird side conflict with one of my mods might possibly be causing this, BUT, if it's in the official changelog...

(Psst Glommer sometimes does this too.  Is this kind of thing related to why the meat effigies don't remember you after you log out and back in, and why the touchstones used to need reactivation back in the early days too?  Heck, in regular Don't Starve, if you put the seasons on random, the game might've forgotten what SEASON it is between save and load!  Unless that's also fixed now; I'm not sure.)

...Notorious

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Heck, in regular Don't Starve, if you put the seasons on random, the game might've forgotten what SEASON it is between save and load!  Unless that's also fixed now; I'm not sure.)

It's intended, when you load game, the game randomize the seasons on all lengths possible (even "none"). If you have winter and you save and quit and then load it again, game may randomize you current winter as "none" and then new season starts because there is no winter.

5 hours ago, Erec said:

It's intended, when you load game, the game randomize the seasons on all lengths possible (even "none"). If you have winter and you save and quit and then load it again, game may randomize you current winter as "none" and then new season starts because there is no winter.

I'm...pretty sure it's not supposed to do that.  ANYthing changing between save and load is really odd; because usually things in the game change over _time_.  GAME time, that is, not real time.   Why do I think this is a bug?

Well, not only is it weird and against the way almost everything else in the game works, but TOGETHER DOESN'T DO THAT.  It decides the length of each season randomly for the first year...and then repeats it for every year then on as long as that world exists.  Saving and loading doesn't affect it at all--as it shouldn't.  Things don't change in this game because real-time happened (okay, updates notwithstanding).  They change because you _played_ a certain length of time.

Like, on my longest-running Together world, we ended up with normal summer and fall, and SUPER long winter and spring--staying that way every year over the course of _over 430 days_, meaning that apparently the game just...generated a climate that consistently happens to trend more towards the cold/wet than the hot/dry.  It's like "Randomise Your Planet!"  Which is cool, but not quite what I thought would happen when I chose "random" for all seasons in world-gen.

To me, the way random seasons _should_ work is NEITHER of these.  Instead, whatever gets set in for the length of a season _that year_ stays the same until you've finished playing through that number of days--regardless of saving or loading, because reloading the game is NOT THE SAME AS THE WORLDGEN PROCESS...and then can randomise again the next time that season comes around naturally, not before.  So, like, maybe one year you have a long summer, the next year short, the next year normal or none, etc.

Ideally I'd like something _between_ the 432-day-long world of uberlong winters every year and "I swear I saved in summer...it's the same night as when I left...WHY IS WENDY _FREEZING_ TO DEATH?!" but that's just me. : P

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

16 hours ago, Mudley said:

Yep.

H60UL9j.png

16 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Toadstool Silhouette.PNG

Good thing I was browsing the Wiki or I would've had no idea what this was...

Hmmm, I'm excited! What goods will this boss drop?!

Here's a clearer image of this beast:

toads-stool-david-rucker.jpg

I hope you get the joke, if not what the hell is wrong with you? *insert laughter here*

Explained Joke: The Beast will be named probably TOADSTOOL so TOAD ON A STOOL do you get it now? No? Like what the hell!

Edited by mathem99
  • Like 5