Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Please keep it clean and friendly and "on topic". Failure to do so will result in warnings or removal of your ability to post images.

If you don't know what is or is not appropriate, read this. Thanks.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Wait Shopcat is a girl?! 0_0

There's her official lore. Though my headcannon remains that she evolved as a purely digital consciousness on the internet. looked around at what else the internet was full of (pictures of cats) and generated her identity that way.

• Like 4
  • Shopcat 16
  • Potato Cup 1

Here's an idea. People who don't know how to use the Shopcat reaction image should go and actually play the game, or leave it alone (as anything else they don't have context for).

I for one am thrilled Klei finally remembered Invisible Inc. exists again. :P

On 9/3/2020 at 7:28 PM, JoeW said:

When somebody makes a big brain move - That's Shopcat. 
When somebody figures out a clever workaround - That's Shopcat. 

Wherever there is a person who needs to be recognized somewhat sarcastically for doing something even moderately interesting - That's Shopcat.

That's Shopcat ladies and gentlemen! Thank you! Good Night!

(Go play Invisible, Inc. ya goofs)

(Seconded, go play the game.)

We've had a Shopcat emoji on the unofficial InvInc Discord for a while now, and I'm pretty sure we use it differently... but I cannot for the life of me articulate HOW we actually use it, so. XD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 6
  • Potato Cup 1

Also, here's a pretty good summary of Shopcat's personality for those who are curious.

image.thumb.png.a19782e5ac5bb2598f74d1bff76187c6.png

image.thumb.png.009e5fb0a715cbb45928cb509d1537d3.png

(can also be read here if you have trouble reading it in the image or need a transcript: https://iiwiki.werp.site/lore:datalogs#monst3r )

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

More Shopcat goodness:

SHOPCAT:
You're calling from INSIDE the K&O firewall? Not cool, man! I don't need that kind of heat!!

https://iiwiki.werp.site/_media/loadscreen:gr_nd_b_z_r.png?cache=(Seriously, who do I gotta bribe to get a Shopcat T-shirt at the Klei merch store? Shopcat on a black background, it'd look amazing. Throw in another one with Incognita while we're at it... )

Anyway. Who is Shopcat? How to use the Shopcat reaction? Shopcat is an enigma. A mystery. Simultaneously a cat and not a cat until actually observed to be one. Presumably alive. And happy to sell you the softest of warez. Such is Shopcat.

Edited by Hekateras
  • Like 4
  • Shopcat 10
  • Sad Dupe 1

18 minutes ago, DavePlaysDST said:

from this it seems like shopcat is an idiot or a troll.

explaining it might make things worse so lets just forget about this.

The point isn't "oh she doesn't get what the other guy wants from her so she's other stupid or acting stupid to mess with him". She might be a literal cat with augmented intelligence (who is apparently an excellent hacker and black market software dealer, but who struggles to understand her human customers sometimes). She might be an AI that has embraced its cat identity and is trying to guess what Monst3r wants from her the same way your search engine tries to autocomplete your queries. She might be a normal human who is deliberately pretending to be a cat and is REALLY committed to the act. It feels very reductive, and missing the point of the humour and mystery of this character's design to boil it down to "idiot or troll". It makes sense in a cyberpunk setting like InvInc and is one of the funnier bits of worldbuilding in a game that, in many ways, is pretty dark.

Also, the additional line from her about a mouse, said AFTER Monst3r disconnects and she has no reason to keep up the act, does imply to me that it's not just an act. That seems like the point of that particular bit of lore. Like, Monst3r (this middle-aged human man who's her market competitor) is SO exasperated at what he ASSUMES is really dedicated RPing, but the RPing doesn't stop when he's not around.

Just my two cents though. I do wish more people would play the game.

Edited by Hekateras
  • Like 2
  • Shopcat 5

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

5d5766607cde1_arielofftopic.png.36d88643cb5cb7fdd207b9aed7c3c5d2.png

There's a topic? :'''D

I couldn't tell, I saw people doubting the glory of Shoppecatte/The One Feline Most Mercantile and couldn't let that stand...

(But yeah, crawling back to my hole now. I hope this answers any and all questions about how to use the Shopcat image, the original question.)

Edited by Hekateras
  • Haha 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

• Developer
4 hours ago, Hekateras said:

I for one am thrilled Klei finally remembered Invisible Inc. exists again. :P

It's still my favourite Klei game, and I suspect that's true of other people as well.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 3
  • Potato Cup 4