Team Krampus,for those who support Krampus!(Get a free T-shirt upon joining aswell!)

Hmmm. What if we ditched naughtiness, and just had full moons in winter be krampusnachts? As in, the krampus hordes descend to steal your dwindling food.

That sounds cool. Maybe those nights could have higher light levels (due to the full moon) so you weren't constrained to your light sources as you potentially fight multiple Krampus+Werepigs?

Gazuntite.

Haha in all seriousness tho, I liked the idea of having your actions be taken in to account for Krampus to show up. I think the naughtiness counter is a good thought, but should be taken a bit more dynamically. Maybe instead of basing it off of just killing innocent things, it could be doing certain actions as well. Like say, lighting a tree on fire purposely just to get charcoal, or knocking down a pigman's house. That way you not only have to watch the things you kill, but the actions you make in order to survive.

The system we have now is only broken because of its current tuning; I don't think its a failed system at all. I think instead of counting down your naughtiness by the minute, maybe do it by the day instead. Then all you'd have to do is change the numbers accordingly to make it a bit more balanced in how he's summoned. Regardless, I would like to see Krampus stay as a counterattack for being "naughty" as opposed to a scheduled summon.

EDIT: Actually, reading over the last few posts, I wouldn't mind him being a scheduled summon during the winter nights, as long as you keep him summoned from naughtiness as well. I still stand by my statement that naughtiness should be counted a bit more dynamically, tho.

Or -how many goddamn times do I have to say it- digging up graves

Stealing Tallbird Eggs and cook them perhaps? And imprisoning Bird slowly rise naughtiness as long as it is captured?

Oh yeah stealing the eggs for one, and then cooking it for another, and two points for eating a hatching tallbird egg or letting it die.

I am thinking about both the naughtyness system being there to summon Krampus and the Krampusnacht as a guaranteed scenario to get Krampii. They could actually both exist next to each other,so the naughtyness mechanic remains in the game aswell. A lot more actions could add naughtyness,like said before digging graves and stealing/eating tallbird eggs. I also like [MENTION=4327]Plospo[/MENTION] 's suggestion, you can read it here. Imo your naughtyness should stay and not slowly vanish,or perhaps only after a day without naughty actions.The Krampus summoned by the naughtyness treshold could have the unique trait of him being able to catch you in his sack(on top of his normal attack),which basically functions as a telelocator staff,only you are the one who get's teleported to a random spot on the map,losing sanity in the process. If you want it to be truely brutal and punishing,Krampus could teleport you to hell,aka the lava layer of the cave once it's implemented :D. The (naughtyness summoned) Krampus could also get an hp boost and move slightly faster when engaging the player in combat(outrunning the player eventually when they don't have a cane). That's my thoughts for now,I'll be sure to let future thoughts be emitted aswell :)

• Like 1

I am thinking about both the naughtyness system being there to summon Krampus and the Krampusnacht as a guaranteed scenario to get Krampii. They could actually both exist next to each other,so the naughtyness mechanic remains in the game aswell. A lot more actions could add naughtyness,like said before digging graves and stealing/eating tallbird eggs. I also like [MENTION=4327]Plospo[/MENTION] 's suggestion, you can read it here. Imo your naughtyness should stay and not slowly vanish,or perhaps only after a day without naughty actions.The Krampus summoned by the naughtyness treshold could have the unique trait of him being able to catch you in his sack(on top of his normal attack),which basically functions as a telelocator staff,only you are the one who get's teleported to a random spot on the map,losing sanity in the process. If you want it to be truely brutal and punishing,Krampus could teleport you to hell,aka the lava layer of the cave once it's implemented :D. The (naughtyness summoned) Krampus could also get an hp boost and move slightly faster when engaging the player in combat(outrunning the player eventually when they don't have a cane). That's my thoughts for now,I'll be sure to let future thoughts be emitted aswell :)

Naughtiness to be replaced by 'Greed', as per the suggestion I liked, - might have been Plospo's - and the Krampusnacht to be implemented. Krampus should be able to pick you up in his sack, and leave you on some part of the map, like a Telelocator, with some of your items from your inventory gone. e.g. he might snatch you in Winter, and take your Axe, Flint, Logs and Grass, and dump you in a Swamp. (The taken items should be chosen randomly, but Krampus could really screw you over with this mechanic). :)

Naughtiness to be replaced by 'Greed', as per the suggestion I liked, - might have been Plospo's - and the Krampusnacht to be implemented. Krampus should be able to pick you up in his sack, and leave you on some part of the map, like a Telelocator, with some of your items from your inventory gone. e.g. he might snatch you in Winter, and take your Axe, Flint, Logs and Grass, and dump you in a Swamp. (The taken items should be chosen randomly, but Krampus could really screw you over with this mechanic). :)

Is this a confirmed thing or a thing youre too confident about

What if we 'combined' the two naughtiness systems? Like, Krampusnacht was still a guaranteed event, but depending on what you did in the span of Day 0-Day Krampusnacht or Day After Krampusnacht-Day of Second Krampusnacht and such, determined how rough the Krampusnacht would be? So basically, the naughtiness scale is kept, but it doesn't replenish until the next coming-of-the-Krampusnacht, and it's on a much grander scale. If you spend one "between-Krampusnacht-period" slaughtering the innocent more often than not, you're going to be stuck with a horrific Krampusnacht. But, if you're a good little child and don't do anything too evil, a single Krampus will come on Krampusnacht just to stir up a little trouble and maybe bust a kneecap just to keep you in line, mobster-style.

how about an choosing naughtiness system.also here is a example:you see an tallbird killed by 4 pigs.tallbird dies.you leave the egg there and that gives you much naughtiness or something.second way:you take the egg with you and raise it to an smallbird.then he is coming and give you an present because you was nice and not nuaghty, because you brought an innocent creature to the world and when you raise it to an adult he would help you on hound waves or something

Ok so I wrote a song about my feelings towards this whole Krampus situation. This was a song I started writing back when [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] had mentioned something along the lines of "you'll miss Krampus when he's gone" and this thread gave me the rest of the inspiration to finish it. Again, sorry for the bad recording quality, I'm working off of a built-in microphone on a laptop @_@ hope you guys enjoy it despite that fact. :)#TeamKrampus Don't Take My Krampus Away by w00tyd00dLYRICS:

Krampus, isthe best monster in the gameKrampusputs other monsters to shameKrampustakes your stuff then runs awayBecauseyour naughtiness is to blame (What a shame)Krampusis karma in a nutshellHe knowswhen you've been bad, he can tellNow then,To Kevin I have to sayOh please,Dont take my Krampus away...(x4)KrampusMight become a winter mobIn that, case Ithink that we should have a talkThat could, be avery interesting changeBut please, leave thenaughtiness in the game (just don't leave it the same)I know, that hewas supposed to be Christmas themedAnd I, think heworks better when you're naughtyMaybe, you couldmeet us somewhere halfway?Oh Kev, just pleaseDon't take my Krampus away...(x4)

• Like 1

Ok so I wrote a song about my feelings towards this whole Krampus situation. This was a song I started writing back when [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] had mentioned something along the lines of "you'll miss Krampus when he's gone" and this thread gave me the rest of the inspiration to finish it. Again, sorry for the bad recording quality, I'm working off of a built-in microphone on a laptop @_@ hope you guys enjoy it despite that fact. :)#TeamKrampus

Don't Take My Krampus Away by w00tyd00d

LYRICS:

Krampus, is

the best monster in the game

Krampus

puts other monsters to shame

Krampus

takes your stuff then runs away

Because

your naughtiness is to blame (What a shame)

Krampus

is karma in a nutshell

He knows

when you've been bad, he can tell

Now then,

To Kevin I have to say

Oh please,

Dont take my Krampus away...(x4)

Krampus

Might become a winter mob

In that, case I

think that we should have a talk

That could, be a

very interesting change

But please, leave the

naughtiness in the game (just don't leave it the same)

I know, that he

was supposed to be Christmas themed

And I, think he

works better when you're naughty

Maybe, you could

meet us somewhere halfway?

Oh Kev, just please

Don't take my Krampus away...(x4)

*Does the Krampus dance*

TEAM KRAMPUS BABY

TCHOO TCHOO

KRAMPTRAIN

Yea, Krampus needs a buff. I'd like to see him more than once. Also, he should have some sort of role in Adventure mode- even if he's just a set-piece.

Hmmm. What if we ditched naughtiness, and just had full moons in winter be krampusnachts? As in, the krampus hordes descend to steal your dwindling food.

Can't a random quick swarm of lure plants, pop up, take our food and vanish away instead. Of course that wold be awful.

Am I the only person who managed to make the badge work with the image? XDAnyway, full speed ahead for the team Krampus express.Also, the saga continues...[ATTACH=CONFIG]10883[/ATTACH]

I would make a witty pun about that movie, but I have no clue which and don't care which one it is either, oh yeah and I already made that joke. Edited by Xjurwi

Ok so I wrote a song about my feelings towards this whole Krampus situation. This was a song I started writing back when [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] had mentioned something along the lines of "you'll miss Krampus when he's gone" and this thread gave me the rest of the inspiration to finish it. Again, sorry for the bad recording quality, I'm working off of a built-in microphone on a laptop @_@ hope you guys enjoy it despite that fact. :)#TeamKrampus Don't Take My Krampus Away by w00tyd00dLYRICS:

Krampus, isthe best monster in the gameKrampusputs other monsters to shameKrampustakes your stuff then runs awayBecauseyour naughtiness is to blame (What a shame)Krampusis karma in a nutshellHe knowswhen you've been bad, he can tellNow then,To Kevin I have to sayOh please,Dont take my Krampus away...(x4)KrampusMight become a winter mobIn that, case Ithink that we should have a talkThat could, be avery interesting changeBut please, leave thenaughtiness in the game (just don't leave it the same)I know, that hewas supposed to be Christmas themedAnd I, think heworks better when you're naughtyMaybe, you couldmeet us somewhere halfway?Oh Kev, just pleaseDon't take my Krampus away...(x4)

Now that is one amazing tribute song,gives me some nice Tenacious D vibes(which is a good thing). Everyone should totally listen to w00ty's song :D Amazing support for Krampus...And so we continue on our ways to support Krampus,and hopefully the Krampusnacht and naughtyness system with some tweaks(should Kevin want to tweak it and not remove it,I hope the former is the case) will do justice to Krampus :) Now to await mister Forbes and see if he has any news,I understand he is busy though,so let's wait and see. Personally I'd love to hear his imput more about the Krampusnacht and Krampus...

That would be interesting and certainly an improvement. I was kinda hoping that the Krampus could be a boss or at least a miniboss, but I still like the idea.

I was going to complain about removing naughtiness, but, when I saw the suggestions for 'improving' it... I changed my mind. I like, for example, the idea of the Krampus challenging players who rely too much on rabbits for food. I don't like the idea of punishing lots of arbitrary actions with naughtiness. Naughtiness for breaking down pig houses or digging up graves, for instance, just wouldn't make much sense from a gameplay perspective and so it wouldn't be much fun.

okay so rightnow ure adding a ****load of stuff to buff ol' kramp which is great, but seeing it realistically, they will end up nerfing him again due to people crying about it.so while focusing on buffing him, we should also think of ways to protect from him.after all, he gets way more attention if its a basic thing for every new world you play, to within arround 20 days (til winter, when ol' kramp starts paying visits), build something to protect from him. like having the ability to put locks on your chests etc.cenario:day 1+: roam arround, collect basic stuff, look for a place to build a base at.day 5+: start off digging up crap for berry farms etc.day 10+: crocpot, fridgeday 15+: warm clothday 18+: atleast one lock for a chest to protect your raritys :3day 21: krampus came and stole everything but the stuff in my safe >:Ddropping the word safe, there could be either locks u can put on your chests, or you cud simply build a safe. ofc, those would be made of goodies rather hard to get.this way, krampus can get hugearse buffs making him more awesome, and also a pain in dat booty when facing him, but you can still protect against him without the need of killing him aaaand at one point in the game, you will even have to focus on him directly!

okay so rightnow ure adding a ****load of stuff to buff ol' kramp which is great, but seeing it realistically, they will end up nerfing him again due to people crying about it.so while focusing on buffing him, we should also think of ways to protect from him.after all, he gets way more attention if its a basic thing for every new world you play, to within arround 20 days (til winter, when ol' kramp starts paying visits), build something to protect from him. like having the ability to put locks on your chests etc.cenario:day 1+: roam arround, collect basic stuff, look for a place to build a base at.day 5+: start off digging up crap for berry farms etc.day 10+: crocpot, fridgeday 15+: warm clothday 18+: atleast one lock for a chest to protect your raritys :3day 21: krampus came and stole everything but the stuff in my safe >:Ddropping the word safe, there could be either locks u can put on your chests, or you cud simply build a safe. ofc, those would be made of goodies rather hard to get.this way, krampus can get hugearse buffs making him more awesome, and also a pain in dat booty when facing him, but you can still protect against him without the need of killing him aaaand at one point in the game, you will even have to focus on him directly!

I don't think they will nerf him again if they buff him. They might as well not buff him if they plan on nerfing him the instant someone starts complaining. No, I think if they buff him this time, he will stay buffed.