What features would you like for klei to add in future QoL updates?

On 12/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, Keller Max said:

Port Shears for fast grass, twigs cutting?

You can cut regular grass with shears by left clicking on a grass tuft with the shears equipped, but the animation is barely faster and the grass is dropped on the ground instead of being put into the players inventory, while also being one of twenty uses of the shears. Doesn't really make any sense unless tall grass would be ported too. 

Idk if anyone else has this issue but I would deffo love for the moon stone (The stage where you put the morning star staff for the moon caller staff) to be centered in the middle of the four by four tiles it is placed on. (for those who also use Geo placement you will get it.)

Another feature I would like to see would be the option to use the old worldgen with like the very large landmasses mostly cuz I dislike the rivers and random water holes hehe.

And maybe the return of like using boss drops for their statues as I felt like it gave more uses and reason to kill the bosses but idk this is just a personal opinion mostly cuz I don't use the crafts which needs bearger fur

Although I don't think this counts as something QoL update worthy but perhaps add the option to make the marble trees, pillars and statues you see in certain setpieces although yes crafting them would ruin the splendor I guess you can say of finding one naturally but if you wanted those trees,pillars etc somewhere else or they didn't appear naturally this would be a lovely thing to happen :wilson_flower:

Another thing related to the above statement would be like using glommer's wings and the flower to make your own statue but it won't work and is purely decoration if you mined the original one for whatever reason. 

So playing Wolfgang I would like a QoL for Wolfgang that I’m sure other people who play Wolfgang will equally enjoy, So I built a Potters Wheel on the surface and inside that potters wheel I’ve inserted multiple pottery sketches so I can easily craft various other types of statues, the QOL I’m asking for is upon building your SECOND Potters Wheel in a new location, it loses all the sketches you “give” to the other Potters Wheel, which is just plain stupid: If I was a Real Life Ice Sculpture I would not need a sketch to create an ice statue after creating it a few times: I will have memorized sketching it by Heart.

So How about we change Sketches to be given to One Potters Wheel and I can then craft them from ANY additional Wheels I set up later? Please for the love of god please?!?! Otherwise: I’m going to have to go back to the surface, find one of those 50 million additional sketches bring it back with me to give to the new wheel: What am I teaching the WHEEL New Knowledge and not my Character crafting it by hand & chisel? :lol:

This is so beyond stupid even for Dont Starve Standards, and until the Wolfgang Rework I never noticed how highly annoying it is.

I would also like the ability to crumple up and dispose of extra sketches “I already know this.. nah useless!” (Crumbles up and throws on ground so it disappears like Wolfgang’s 0% Dumbells)

Be able to jump across biomes that are close enough (one tile apart) like you would on and off a boat.

Also don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but have the eye/twins of terror spawn on the person who touched the terrarium and not on that poor sap across the map who just want to get by the night. This also solves the problem of standing awkwardly with your ham bat and helmet out until you realize the boss spawned somewhere else.

Couple easy things to implement: option to disable Mini-Map (same way Mini-Maps go back to being blank if you die on Wilderness setting except it never fills in)

All turfs share the same colored ground (similar to how things become in Winter when it snows)

Earthquakes/certain events “Rotate” the Map (like that glitch RockJaw Sharks used to be able to do)

I want a sense of truly feeling “Lost” in a Wilderness.. and these things should simulate that fairly decently.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, Wurtstool said:

Be able to jump across biomes that are close enough (one tile apart) like you would on and off a boat.

Also don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but have the eye/twins of terror spawn on the person who touched the terrarium and not on that poor sap across the map who just want to get by the night. This also solves the problem of standing awkwardly with your ham bat and helmet out until you realize the boss spawned somewhere else.

The boss doesn't spawn where activated... this is really dumb.

17 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Its the cheapest way to get kicked from a server and its easily an accesible tool for griefers, its underwhelming how they barely ever touch old content again.

To be fair: EoT is easily killable.. you can even hide from it for the night in a Bush hat if you want, Also Twins of Terror if not fought.. will put them on cooldown for many days. This boss also only spawns on the surface so just duck into a cave when you see the notification it’s coming and blame: You just ruled yourself out of its Spin the Bottle Date Night choice.

EoT in Particular can be passively killed by a field of Beefalo for you if you want..

Its the Twins you may have a nightmare against: But luckily those go on a large cooldown timer when they’re avoided.

Still it’s probably not so fun for you if your out on a fishing trip at sea I guess :lol: R.I.P.

Not only would I like to see the Lazy Forager to be refuelable with nightmare fuel, it should also be able to harvest all different kinds of plants like grass, kelp, etc.. It would save a lot of time holding spacebar for 2 minutes or more, especially on high ping servers where it takes almost a second to pick up each item on the ground.

Also, the Twins of Terror shouldn't be able to spawn on players with less than 6 days survived. They can spawn on players fresh out of the portal at night, and if it's before day 10, they will not have the resources to make a torch and escape. I've seen a player leave instantly after they died because of this on a public server...

This is an extremely minor thing that has literally zero impact on gameplay but I would like to see some of the universal quotes changed for Wurt, Wormwood and maybe WX. Canonically, Wurt can barely read and Wormwood can barely even speak, yet both have no problem describing text on graves, for example. As for WX, I would probably keep the quotes mostly the same but tone down the punctuation 

9 hours ago, loganpea said:

Also, the Twins of Terror shouldn't be able to spawn on players with less than 6 days survived. They can spawn on players fresh out of the portal at night, and if it's before day 10, they will not have the resources to make a torch and escape. I've seen a player leave instantly after they died because of this on a public server...

Why not instead have the Twins (and eye) spawn on the player that summoned them like in Terraria and solve all the issues with their spawning instead of just one?

9 hours ago, loganpea said:

Not only would I like to see the Lazy Forager to be refuelable with nightmare fuel, it should also be able to harvest all different kinds of plants like grass, kelp, etc.. It would save a lot of time holding spacebar for 2 minutes or more, especially on high ping servers where it takes almost a second to pick up each item on the ground.

i like the harvesting idea (actually the 1st time i crafted one i though that was their use) but why make them refuelable? i dont want another useless gem stockpiling in my chest. The funnier thing of dst are their ruins, is already boring to get that much yellow, red, blue and purple gems  to also add orange in that pile of useless items

I’ve been playing a whole lot of Spelunky 2 and one of the things that sets Spelunky 2 apart from Spelunky 1 is that you can “Reset” your player stats in the Bestiary Journal, as seen Here:

25079829-5D47-490A-9B7A-394C9AA3B17C.thumb.png.50805e06b591d5320ba72e341bbe15b6.png

As you can see there are a group of players who enjoy deleting some or all of their progress filling in their journal.

For DST- This would reset your Cookbook, Plant Registry, And Other compendium records such as recent Deaths, or what kills you most often (good bye passage of Time)

I believe being able to clear this Data is a reasonable thing to suggest for a QOL feature.

Also as Console Player I would love it if the games various animated shorts could be added within the game itself for my eyeball viewing pleasures without needing to scour the internet/YouTube to find them. <3

On 12/31/2021 at 2:35 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Moggles use a living animal in their crafting and would probably spoil or decay over time.

To be fair, the Mining Helmet also uses live creatures, yet they have no problems when running out of durability.

As for tweaks I'd like to see, I mostly want to see some food rebalances. Particularly around fish dishes (Not many of them require sailing, and the ones that do are bad) and Crops (There's a massive disparity between crops like pomegranates and eggplants compared to Potatoes and Toma Root).

I'd also love to finally see some Single Player utility for the Lazy Deserter. I know it's supposed to be a friend thing by my Internet hasn't been stable enough to play with friends as of late.

And finally; I know it's bad edquite to say "Add this mod!" in any game community. But I think it's justified in this case. I want to see Unlockable Sunken chest added to the game. I am not exaggerating when I say that this one simple change fixes (or at least helps to fix) 75% of the issues I have with the ocean. It makes Sunken Chests more valuable; it gives ocean content meaning and purpose on the mainland, it gives a reason to make repeated visits to the ocean, it even makes fishing more valuable despite not adding any new fish dishes. It is actually just the perfect mod. 

List of things from me:
More control over game music and sounds - to turn off farming music, or allow music after dusk. Or separate sounds of bosses/mobs from other sounds, like picking logss.
No attacking walls from ctrl+f - while I use for most time just mouse or just f, it's still problem for many others, so I just ++ topic
More set pieces in world - not simply more, but bigger variety of them. It's like same world, just everything is in different places.
Loading walls/fences/statues before mobs - because mobs are loaded before walls/fences/statues, that makes these kinda useless. They can just escape because of that.

I'd like the default sortings for the Cookbook to sort from lowest priority to highest, instead of the current sorting which is highest priority to lowest.

This is because currently "rarer"/ more uncommon recipes have higher priority(as theyre usually more specific), while the more common foods have lower priority which means they appear at the bottom. I just think it's a tiny bit weird to have rarer/specific crockpot recipes appear first in the cookbook rather than the more common foods like meatballs, rataitouille, bunny stew, and etc etc.

Change the rarity Values of DLC Characters to Timeless rarity (the one that can’t be unraveled into spools) make it so that players can only obtain this Timeless Rarity essential skin ONCE (no duplicates)

And finally: Allow us to play as these DLC characters that we bought/earned in OFFLINE mode.

You literally only changed one or two lines in WALTER who was originally going to be a PAID DLC Character but due to worldly occurrences during the time of his release: You decided to change him to being FREE.

Obviously you can apply this same process to Wortox, Wurt, Wormwood & Wanda & it baffles me why this HASNT happened in a QoL update yet. 

living in the south with frequent Tornado Season storms I can’t always have a stable internet connection, sometimes down here.. they get the power restored in short fashion (they have to I live near an Emergency Room) but the INTERNET can remain down for hours/days..

Would be nice to be able to play as my DLC Characters without needing an Online connection.

Archived