What features would you like for klei to add in future QoL updates?

1) Some love for poor Wurt please. I love my nasty fish daughter but she has some Quirks that need to be streamlined. I don't think she needs a huge overhaul (although I wouldn't be opposed) but some clean up on how merms behave would probably go a long way to making her just a little nicer to use.

Not QOL (more refresh) but given that DLCs like shipwrecked showed merms with jobs like spearfishing, they clearly aren't just stupid animals and I'd like to see a bit more love for them having like a proper culture outside of just Wurt doing everything. 

2) Wormwood's green thumb tab.... I love my lad and hes in a great place as far as characters go, so I don't really *need* anything to happen here. But it would be nice because a lot of his stuff here is just like, things you play around with for goofs more than anything else. His armor is basically only used as a cactus protection and its main gimmick relies on doing the one thing youre not supposed to do as wormwood (taking damage). His special trap isn't very multiplayer friendly either and really doesn't give you any reason to use it over the toothtraps (which you can build easily on any server with hound waves) or anememies (which come with the benefit of being auto-resetting and indestructible at the cost of being hostile).

There was an old mod for vanilla DS that gave him a weapon that worked similar to the bat bat (the health sap from enemies) in that tab. Wouldn't mind that since it would be pretty useful for new players getting used to the health mechanic while encouraging getting good at combat without tanking. He doesn't really really need an update, but he had one of the first special tabs and its so... sad.

3) Idles for spiders and merms. I guess sort of related to the wurt thing, but spider's deserve some cute animations too. Big Bonus if we get more variety, like hostile and friendly versions. The closest spiders have is an occasional hiss, and merms really just stare.

4) In game toggle for health scaling. Set to no by default, custom modifies for things like bosses (rather than just a flat rate for all mobs, to keep balance better). Basically a way to make solo play or smaller groups easier without having to modify the world to just get rid of things entirely. Toggle defaulting to no keeps things vanilla by design so that it has to be an active pick for people who want the softer experience or just to eliminate some of the tedium of 6 player health pools. (Theres mods for this, but an in-game version would be great for those who can't use them)

5) Critter refreshes, it would be a great time to do it with the addition of the eyes. Just maybe some small things like getting them to stay put in a spot or toning down the begging. Also for the love of everything add a spider baby. Please. Im begging you. And a saladmander. 

6) Some turf priority rehauling. I like my floors to look nice and theres some weird interactions that make things look gross or weird.

Metti a tacere gli animali domestici

3 hours ago, Mantispidae said:

1) Some love for poor Wurt please. I love my nasty fish daughter but she has some Quirks that need to be streamlined. I don't think she needs a huge overhaul (although I wouldn't be opposed) but some clean up on how merms behave would probably go a long way to making her just a little nicer to use.

Thank you, you warmed my heart

If Gorge/Forge events are never ever ever coming back then I hope Klei will find a way to incorporate bits and portions of that into the game permanently in the form of skins, game modes, or distant islands off in the ocean with a “Mini-Game” similar to how you can trade a Championship belt to pig king to get hilariously smacked around by giant wooden signs for a few minutes.

My suggestions, mostly for beefalo riding:

1. Health meter for beefalo that appears when riding it (and maybe always present for bonded beefalo?), kinda like boat health. And before someone says it would make fighting on a beefalo too easy: Abigail got a health meter, even though it's less punishing to lose her (beefalo die for good, you have to tame a new one from scratch, which takes 20 days, also if you were riding the beefalo when it died, you will be forced to dismount next to the enemies that killed it, which immediately start attacking you).

2. A way to recall a bonded/tame beefalo if it starts attacking something, because that often means the beefalo is doomed.

3. This seems like an oversight: prickly plants such as cacti, spiky bushes and roses, when harvested from a beefalo's back, deal damage to the beefalo instead of the player. Which is convenient, but illogical: the character does the action with their hands, makes the hurt sound and says a quote about being harmed, but no actual damage is applied. It's also inconsistent with ranged damage being applied directly to the player.

4. In addition to 3: a sickle or a similar tool that allows harvesting plants quickly with 1 hit, maybe with an AOE, and avoiding damage from harmful plants. Can be used when riding a beefalo.

5. Alternative ways besides beefalo hat to avoid your beefalo attacking you while in heat.

6. New skins for beefalos themselves and saddles, including glossamer and war saddles. Most existing beefalo skins are silly and over the top, which is good for a limited time festival, but for everyday use they are too much. We also need a beefalo category in the curio menu, like beards.

7. Not necessary, but would make taming much easier and intuitive: domestication and obedience meters.

8. Finally, this might be a bit op, but a way to revive bonded beefalo would be nice. Maybe some structure that could work like a meat effigy, that you need to craft and activate before fighting. Or a life giving amulet that works like in singleplayer DS: you need to put it on the beefalo beforehand.

Ability to shave pigs for pig butts.

All biomes should regrow their unrenewable resources. Most common resources shouldnt be nonrenewable. In long lived worlds all replanted grass will turn into to grass geckos, and that suck.

More advanced behaviour for Smart creatures: Pigs, Merms, Rabbits. There should be complete overhaul.

4 Durian can be used to turn Pigs into Werepigs (Right now, they refuse to eat more than one durian)

Port Shears for fast grass, twigs cutting?

More uses for Stingers, Lightbulbs, Marble

would be nice if there were something to prevent cool and fancy set pieces like dev graveyard, maxwell statues, pig guardian torches, etc from spawning in the meteor fields biomes, is so frustrating to find that you get a weird set piece in a place where you cant build and where that set piece will be destroyed over time

plus more set piece plssss

I’ve been playing Conan Exiles with my family lately, and one of the things I love about this game is I can have a Red Dead Online Weapon Wheel-Like “Item Wheel” to assign/unassign tools into that I want to use quickly & immediately without needing to scroll through my entire inventory in doing so I think that this would be a HUGE QoL change to Dont Starve Together allowing us to quickly switch between items without needing to scroll through the Inventory tab.

Refuelable items should stop functioning but not break once they hit 0% (why do miner hats turn off but moggles disintegrate completely?)

Remove thermal stone durability (nobody like it anyway)

Be able to relocate cave resources like light bulbs and banana trees within the caves but they won't be able to grow on the surface (for cave base building)

Remove fashion goggles (why is there an unnecessary extra step in getting desert goggles?)

2 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

Remove fashion goggles (why is there an unnecessary extra step in getting desert goggles?)

I would be interested in seeing fashion goggles get the same sanity gain as Tam o shanters as a summer equivalent of them. I mean, they are fashion goggles after all, and gives it an interesting use besides just being an extra step for desert goggles.

7 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

Refuelable items should stop functioning but not break once they hit 0% (why do miner hats turn off but moggles disintegrate completely?)

Moggles use a living animal in their crafting and would probably spoil or decay over time.

Thermal Stone Durability is one of the reasons I play DST over DS Solo- If I’m not paying attention to how hot or cold it is it loses durability and can break which I then need to craft a new one, alternatively I can just pay attention to the one in my inventory when it gets to like 30% durability and then just use a Sewing Kit or Winona’s Duct Tape on it to keep it repaired- But the entire point of it having a durability at all is so that I’m always out gathering resources to keep it in good shape/replace it if it breaks.

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Moggles use a living animal in their crafting and would probably spoil or decay over time.

Thermal Stone Durability is one of the reasons I play DST over DS Solo- If I’m not paying attention to how hot or cold it is it loses durability and can break which I then need to craft a new one, alternatively I can just pay attention to the one in my inventory when it gets to like 30% durability and then just use a Sewing Kit or Winona’s Duct Tape on it to keep it repaired- But the entire point of it having a durability at all is so that I’m always out gathering resources to keep it in good shape/replace it if it breaks.

I see where you're going with the moggles but don't know how that would extend other items like the magi (for example both the magi and alarming clock can be refueled using nf but the clock loses its power compared to the magi which breaks completely at 0%). 

For the thermal stone, I say this because I find that the durability is very low impact to begin with. Usually survivors can go the whole winter with it without thinking once to repair it and by the time I notice, one use of a sewing kit repairs it to full so I don't get the point of having durability there at all. If they really wanted it to have an impact the durability should decrease a lot faster. At the current iteration of the thermal stone it just feels like annoyance rather than a feature.

More world gen options like more randomness instead of the season lengths being randomised once and that being it, and more options for the actual landmass generation, for example an archipelago, or the old style rock bridges, or what would be my favourite, a landmass split in two. 

11 hours ago, Wurtstool said:

For the thermal stone, I say this because I find that the durability is very low impact to begin with. Usually survivors can go the whole winter with it without thinking once to repair it and by the time I notice, one use of a sewing kit repairs it to full so I don't get the point of having durability there at all. If they really wanted it to have an impact the durability should decrease a lot faster. At the current iteration of the thermal stone it just feels like annoyance rather than a feature.

Thermal stone durability is not based on time. Instead, it takes a hit every time the stone reaches neutral state (gray). If you're careful enough, you can keep it at 100% indefinitely, but if you often go for too long without warming up/cooling off, you will have to repair/craft a new one very soon. This mechanic encourages the player to pay attention and be prepared for emergencies, it's not useless.

Have the edge of the ocean loop in on itself (heading straight east will make you eventually end up in the far west side of the map)

I forgot if this is a thing in shipwrecked and don't get mad at me if this will break the constant's lore.

17 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

Have the edge of the ocean loop in on itself (heading straight east will make you eventually end up in the far west side of the map)

I forgot if this is a thing in shipwrecked and don't get mad at me if this will break the constant's lore.

anything but an invisible wall....

2 hours ago, Wurtstool said:

This was a shipwrecked thing (it was a fog that would eventually spit you out elsewhere) and I didnt really consider how nice that would be over the "edge of the world" type thing now. It's cool, but would really open up some options for faster ocean exploration and travel, and be cooler since you don't even get to comically fall off the waterfall.

if they don't want to add the fog an equivalent of the triangles in shipwrecked that were basically ocean wormholes could be a nice compromise

And completely unrelated to that but just thought of it now: A "dock" structure for locking in your boats to one spot would be nice. It's not really needed, but i like making fake ports

22 hours ago, Wurtstool said:

I like thermal stone durability, but I agree with all your other points.

19 minutes ago, Mantispidae said:

if they don't want to add the fog an equivalent of the triangles in shipwrecked that were basically ocean wormholes could be a nice compromise

Ocean wormholes is great suggestion. Isn't really QoL though.

Archived