What features would you like for klei to add in future QoL updates?

Now that klei added the ability to pause the game i would really like an auto-mute option for when alt-tabbing, an ingame way to copy/back up your save files and the ability to organize my mod list (i feel bad asking for QoL focused on modding cause of the console version but still some small stuff would be nice)

1 minute ago, lakhnish said:

Remove the beg feature on pets. It just makes people not want to adopt them (or use a mod to silence them but then those who don't have the mod are forced to listen to their crying).

yeah wonder if they could separate the noice that allied creatures do from the sound FX volume option i would rather not adopt a pet than not hear deerclops or bearger coming

Xbox QoLs- Ability to Mute All player headsets at once, Ability to Relocate Inventory Hud to the Left, Right or Top of the TV screen instead of just being on bottom where my cats frequently sit, When standing near the edge of land ability to press down on D-pad and throw unwanted things into the ocean to get rid of them (PC Players can just drag and drop.. console can’t even do that.)

Oh yeah and the whole needing to drag and drop meat over a Gnarwail out at Sea to tame it… that needs to be fixed too, maybe by letting us drop meat at the edge of our boat and it swimming to get it.

Or.. alternatively just make the game have a built in mouse pointer, Bonus points if it’s a cool shadow/Charlie hand.. by holding down the Y button or something for a few seconds to pull up the In-Game cursor.

Palm Tree’s in the Oasis Biome.. come on Klei.. I’ll PAY YOU to do that one.

Vanilla ability to see BERNIE!'s health even if it was aesthetic like getting more torn apart with less HP.

BERNIE! to shrink back faster when there is no combat happening and the Willow becomes sane.

Slurtle Slime refuel for Willow lighter

modpack, the ability to add mod into a pack ingame so you don't have to manually select a group of mod every time you want to make a world

.Plus, it's easier to track down what mod crash the game (because not every crash give you a log to see which one cause it) or which group of mod conflict to each other

2 hours ago, Dollmaker said:

Apparently they will grow if you plant them in the caves.

I know logic is a joke, but mushrooms dont do well in the cold if i recall. 

Yes I know, which to me is more of a reason to just let them grow above ground.

I think it would be fine if they didn't grow in Winter but they shouldn't straight up turn to rot. The mushrooms on the surface don't and compared with plants grown in winter they don't either (even if its slowly, non-winter crops still grow!). The structure is also expensive compared to the digamajig.

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Yes I know, which to me is more of a reason to just let the grow above ground.

I think it would be fine if they didn't grow in Winter but they shouldn't straight up turn to rot. The mushrooms on the surface don't and compared with plants grown in winter they don't either (even if its slowly non winter crops still grow!). The structure is also expensive compared to the digamajig.

Well considering you dont even need to take care of them at all (besides refilling them with a Living Log after some harvests) i guess its fair? 

While the Digamajig is cheap, the actual crops do require some care from the players to get the best of them. 

Visual representation of how close something is (or isn’t) to Dying would be nice.

Maybe not Health Bars to be exact… but you just KNOW something is messed up when a Beefalo you have shaved all the hair off of shows a more miserable facial expression then one that is 1 bee sting away from dying over dead.

The whole game could use this visual representation overhaul- if we can’t get an actual health bar like Abigail has… at the very least make it so there’s a massive difference between a Dragonfly you’ve hit once, and a Dragonfly your 1 hit away from killing will look.

25 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Well considering you dont even need to take care of them at all (besides refilling them with a Living Log after some harvests) i guess its fair? 

While the Digamajig is cheap, the actual crops do require some care from the players to get the best of them. 

Its not fair, in-season plants only need to be watered once to give back a seed. In comparison a living log is very expensive even for Wormwood where health is precious. 

Not to mention that for most characters red mushrooms are useless except for filler, non-wild blue mushrooms are outclassed by potatoes, and there are great dishes for restoring tons of sanity or just spam cooked cactus (also tam exists). The give and gain part of mushrooms tends to have most people avoid them. 

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Remove the beg feature on pets. It just makes people not want to adopt them (or use a mod to silence them but then those who don't have the mod are forced to listen to their crying).

I keep forgetting pets exist, haha! 

When was the last time I had one... Lets see... Oh- probably since Wendy was refreshed last year! That was back when I switched her as I my main for Wormwood.

Giving back Warly's stat bonus to crockpot foods for himself like in the base game would be nice (Willow got fire immunity, so I don't think it's unreasonable per say), and maybe tweaking the Chef's Pouch would be nice as well.

And a few tweaks to Water Balloons and the Fire Staff would be nice too.

4 hours ago, firoborn said:

Now that klei added the ability to pause the game i would really like an auto-mute option for when alt-tabbing, an ingame way to copy/back up your save files and the ability to organize my mod list (i feel bad asking for QoL focused on modding cause of the console version but still some small stuff would be nice)

destroying a community market by making all skins weavable and untradeable would be a nice qol thing ngl

Spoiler

jk, community market was the reason why I can afford myself all terraria skins

I would like Keyboard and Mouse support on consoles. Ive started on DST xbox and acquired many skins, most if not all were paid. I'd jump ship to PC if I can bring everything i own with me but something about purchases would prevent that.

A DST housing system like Hamlet. 

A station or character that can "repair tools" (I know you could just use it til it breaks but cmon its QoL features lol) 

Percision placement. (Jesus i want Geometric placement on consoles so bad.) Or make fences/walls have an auto snap placement. So i dont have to keep walking along side the wall/face the same way. 

Mod support on consoles. (Geo metric placement here we go!)

This is all I could think of.

_Cookie Cutter Shell drop rate increased to 100% (or at least 50%).

_Some form of renewable fossils (deconstructing fuelweaver drops/ regrow stalagmites, etc.)

_Tool upgrades made by moon glass, once you have access to celestial champion you will be swimming in it, and the only practical uses are axes and cutters, maybe moon crater turfs since they look nice, and block eyeplants.

_Allow us to craft bone shards with hound's teeth, doesn't sound that bad and provides actual use for the teeths as bones are useful (and spare Warly from looking at other survivors with suspicious intents while sniffing at them)

25 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Cookie Cutter Shell drop rate increased to 100% (or at least 50%).

they respawn every 90 seconds, so you'll need ~1-2 days to get all shells for Pearls house. I think it's fine as it is now

Some form of renewable fossils (deconstructing fuelweaver drops/ regrow stalagmites, etc.)

Every single being on the forums agrees with this.

Tool upgrades made by moon glass, once you have access to celestial champion you will be swimming in it, and the only practical uses are axes and cutters, maybe moon crater turfs since they look nice, and block eyeplants.

the only thing I can think about is Glass Pickaxe, cuz what will Glass Shovel do? Dig bigger area?

Allow us to craft bone shards with hound's teeth, doesn't sound that bad and provides actual use for the teeths as bones are useful (and spare Warly from looking at other survivors with suspicious intents while sniffing at them)

maybe not craft from teeth but make them a replacement of bone shards, or give them some better uses except blow darts and traps

Archived