What features would you like for klei to add in future QoL updates?

Mushroom planters seeded with a spore should always release a spore when harvested at max growth instead of a random chance when it reaches max growth. 

This way you can keep replanting without needing to sacrifice a portion of ur harvest, similar to what RWYS did for crops.

They’re already expensive to maintain with living logs I think this small buff would be warranted. 

19 minutes ago, BOT Tuja said:

Uhm, how does an optional multiplier in the world settings "not work"?

I explained it here 

Health scaling doesnt work is DST because in most public servers only one person fights a raid boss while others do other tasks, health scaling would make the fight unfair for whoever is fighting the boss alone in a server full of people.

What i assume you want is change the hp for the bosses in a solo world, which i guess can be a thing but at that point you can just spawn volt goat jelly with console and give yourself dark swords if you really wanna kill the boss quickly

3 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

Health scaling doesnt work is DST because in most public servers only one person fights a raid boss while others do other tasks, health scaling would make the fight unfair for whoever is fighting the boss alone in a server full of people.

Detect players in range comparable to load range near boss.

If you need more specifics to play with, cut boss hp to value fair for solo, hits do normal damage divided by a multiplier determined by number of players detected. Could go flat value, or have each player provide 1/3 value or some other portion, to keep it from ramping up to fast?
Adjust for your idea of balance, basically.

Keep in mind, this is just something I came up with spur-of-the-moment; one way to approach the problem.
The basic idea of health scaling has been floating around for as long as DST has been adjusting mob health, and...at this point, there's been a health scaling concept out there of any flavor you'd like. Some variants even implemented via mods; the code's already there.

The older ideas just don't get talked about too much anymore because they've been around and talked about for so long that, if Klei were ever going to consider this angle, it would've been in the game a long time ago.

1 hour ago, maradyne said:

Detect players in range comparable to load range near boss

then 6 players will join the fight after 1 started it...

the best way to balance fights arround players is like how klaus works. Anything else wont work

also all bosses are fair solo but people seems to like to fight all bosses the same way when we have things like befriended mobs, bosses which iteracts, fire staffs, darts, pan flautes, morning star+rain, etc

playing solo means that you get all the stronger loot of the game for yourself

48 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then 6 players will join the fight after 1 started it...

2 hours ago, maradyne said:

Detect players in range comparable to load range near boss.

2 hours ago, maradyne said:

hits do normal damage divided by a multiplier determined by number of players detected

To clarify, you can modify what exactly attacks do to their target every time that an attack happens.
Detect number of players nearby on-attack.

That's why we use adjustments to attack damage rather than direct HP scaling; think of it kind of like an actively-adjusting boss armor.

Sinkhole covers.

We've all been in a situation when we built base a little too close to a sinkhole and get harassed by bats every night when we really want to get the base going or what not. I know you can mitigate it with rabbits hutches and what not but that is a lot of setup just in order to just to give yourself the conviniance of having not to deal with them. In addition you have to deal with the rabbits getting in on your meat and the loot that accumulates all over the place just don't look good in a base design standpoint. I think this is an elegant and simple fix for long term base builders and if you do want the bats you can just leave the sinkhole cover open. It could be a structure that can be placed on top of a sinkhole that cost boards and cut stone as an example.

On a side note, speaking of bats why do they only spawn on the surface side entrance and not the cave side entrance, where is the nest? Something to think about.

26 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

~snip~

As long as you position the rabbits close enough, you can trigger the bats into aggroing and dying in a contained area.

20220217112458_1.thumb.jpg.ff515db1774da84d1551c5c8f07c7b06.jpg

I do like the concept of covers, though. There would just...need to be a way to open them from inside the cave, to keep people from trapping others.
Or not.
That would be more fun.

Archived