What features would you like for klei to add in future QoL updates?

On 11/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, hhh2 said:

And lastly, make the player able interact/attack and drop items in the dark again, I miss those features from single players DS.

I'm pretty sure you can drop items in the dark, whether by SHIFT + RMB, or by LMB on the ground.

Otherwise it makes sense, you can't pick up items that you can't see.

On 11/29/2021 at 4:00 AM, licet_insanire said:

make random seasons truly random, rather than randomly chosen at first, but of constant length every year: currently a random length is chosen at the beginning of the game, so you might have a 30-days autumn, a 22-days winter, a 5-days spring and a 0-days summer, and these lengths will be fixed for the rest of the same: autumn will always last 30 days, winter will always last 22 days, spring will always last 5 days, and there will never be summer. I would like the season length to be chosen again at the start of every new year, so that each year has seasons of different lengths.

At the same time, the game should have a way of preventing a year with 3 seasons of 0 days and the last one virtually infinite (10000 days).

I asked this for the last QoL update too, I won't stop asking for this until it happens :D

To expand upon this I would love for the random factor to also be applied to Time of Day some how..

Like- maybe what I’m wanting is more of something that would be in a Mod. But I absolutely love a game that is 100% unpredictable, you never know what to expect or when.. Imagine if you could have times of day that have no day at all just complete and total darkness, or no night and is all day, you can already do this by changing the times of day prior to starting a world- but what if each time a new “day” is supposed to start- the lengths of that day (yellow, red, blue) are choosen at complete random.

I feel like there is so so much more this game is capable of beyond just endless boss fights with giants.. 

And I for one: would love to never be able to predict what weather season or time of day I’ll be in each “Day”

making random seasons truly random could give you days where winter last 1 day, or 100, making times of day random would mean you could sometimes end up temporarily playing “lights out” mode.

I feel like there are numerous fun examples of ways Klei can increase the games enjoy-ability by simply offering us new ways of playing and experiencing the content that’s already in the game.

Make moongleam zaps act like a mini lightning to WX. Or at the very least make WX be immune to those zaps.

Also how about a meal made of moongleams that WX can eat to charge himself without having to wait for a lightning to hit him or a Wicker?

28 minutes ago, SDavid said:

Make moongleam zaps act like a mini lightning to WX. Or at the very least make WX be immune to those zaps.

Also how about a meal made of moongleams that WX can eat to charge himself without having to wait for a lightning to hit him or a Wicker?

...at this point, I'm wondering if stuff like this is being left out because WX's rework is planned to have his perks not require charge.
There are several things that could sensibly charge him. Volt Goat attacks, Electric Milk, Chaud-froid, Electric Darts, Morning Star...

Give spiders their missing idle animations.

Give players their missing directional equipment animations.

Let Bernie go through wormholes and be usable in Lunar areas.

Do those and I am eternally content. For like, ever. 

Oh yeah please give Willow her Verdant skin aaaaaa

I dunno if this counts as a Quality of Life update or not since it isn't technically related to game generation or stuff like that, and I'm not sure if there's, like, perhaps a legal reason for this or not, but I'd really like the option to gift any items in the in-game Shop to my friends. As it stands, you can only gift certain sets to friends, and they're typically the big bulky ones (like a Hallowed Nights Survivors Chest, or the Deluxe Chest for a DLC character). 

I'd really like to be able to gift my pals anything in the shop, like, just one skin set for a character for example. Klei still gets my money so I don't see why I can't, and cosmetics bought in the Steam Market can be traded to other players. Maybe there's a loophole that can be exploited by being able to gift anything to friends?? I'm not sure, but I know I'd just like to treat my friends to a character skin that isn't one of the Market ones. 

EDIT: I know I can just give someone a Market skin so they can unravel it for spools, but I think that kind of defeats the magic of gifting someone something. It's the Don't Starve equivalent of instead of buying someone something they want for Christmas, you just give them the money and say "go buy it yourself". It doesn't feel the same, y'know?

Things I'd like: An object, that can change the appearance of flowers and marble trees, maybe just the clean sweeper. It would be really cool to determine, which design you get for decoration

Also for decoration: An aquarium-type skin for the fish bowl scale thingy, so you can keep pet fish in a cool way.

And a bit of optimization: Stop salt formations from spawning in a way that makes it impossible to get some of the salt drops on the water, since your boat can't squeeze through the rocks in any way.

Give a lot of mobs new animations and interactions. Most importantly to spiders, which are quite literally a still image when not moving. When I'm talking about interactions I mean stuff like Pigmen harvesting berry bushes or greeting each other. Also I think it'd be cool if more mobs change their apperance durring winter. Such as Pigmen wearing furs or soemthing.

Add 2nd or maybe 3rd sprite to common structures and items such as flint, grass tufts, trees, seeds etc. All berry bushes in the deciduous forest have their 2nd sprite.

Farming music requires 5 farming actions to start playing, stops and cannot start durring dusk and night. Different farming music durring winter.

Afaik figs and stone-fruit bushes regrow normally during winter which doesn't make sense. They should halt their growth just like the rest of plants.

Some way to deal with excess rot, twigs and poop in the world. Either make those things disappear after a while or better yet add a moleworm-like creature (easy to relocate and passive) that'd clean these things for us. Resources dropped by Giant/Above-Average Trees and Grass Gators should also disappear over time (as if the currents have taken it away).

Grass Gators do not wander away from A-A trees. This would help us create setpieces with them in the water.

Space no longer activates Pinch'n'Winch

Pearl can actually catch and dry fish, harvest her bee box and figs. Has actual hunger meter and so she stops eating stuff once it hits 100% and while it's between 50% and 100%. Overall I'd like Klei to revisit Pearl as an npc.

Ancient Guardian rework, new sprite and mechanics... and maybe new lore?

Ancient statues resprite as I'm pretty sure the appearance of Ancients they depict is outdated

Ah and most importantly...

Pets no longer beg for food

I feel like the “boat cookie” does not absolutely NEED an “at sea” alternative to devices we can already create on land, the Lightning Conductor for boats just feels highly highly unnecessary & it annoys me greatly that in order to have a Deck Illuminator & Conductor I have to create two different sails.

Why can’t it just be like upgrading Pearls Hermit Home? Instead of needing to further clutter the deck of my boat up with more masts/structures- why can’t they BOTH be applied to the same mast?

Alternatively… you can just do like you have with Frog Rain and make it so lightning strikes just don’t happen out at Sea and you can remove the Boat Conductor from the game altogether.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:31 AM, Szczuku said:

Give a lot of mobs new animations and interactions. Most importantly to spiders, which are quite literally a still image when not moving. When I'm talking about interactions I mean stuff like Pigmen harvesting berry bushes or greeting each other. Also I think it'd be cool if more mobs change their apperance durring winter. Such as Pigmen wearing furs or soemthing.

I agree with mostly everything else you said but THIS is the most important one to me.
PLEASE they've been turning into still images for YEARS! I pray'd the Webber rework would fix that, but no...

I'm not sure if this is QOL but, I really wished DST had scaling for mobs and bosses depending on the number of players. For certain ones like *cough* Toadstool no because it takes long enough to kill with four people, but maybe like everything else. Also if there was some actual end game scaling. After you kill Fuelweaver nothing changes and I've always hoped they would make the game sorta harder afterwards, ex: Wall of Flesh in Terraria. That way end game(for now) isnt so mundane and boring. Theres just literally so little to do, its not even really worth killing Crab King or that new boss since nothing comes after. I know it will later but, for now theres just nothing..

It would be great if all weapons would auto equip the spare one you're carrying when the current one breaks, e.g. another Tentacle Spike doesn't auto equip if it breaks during a fight, but some other weapons types do . Maybe we could even auto equip any other dedicated weapon too, even ones that are not the same type as the one that breaks.

Let's be honest... everyone uses geometric placement and combined status, so they should just be in vanilla and togglable

On 12/5/2021 at 5:31 AM, Szczuku said:

Afaik figs and stone-fruit bushes regrow normally during winter which doesn't make sense. They should halt their growth just like the rest of plants

Why would you want this. How dare you try to halt my copious production of winter food.

Oh also please let us bind to mouse buttons, using the number keys to switch weapons during combat sucks.

2 hours ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Let's be honest... everyone uses geometric placement and combined status, so they should just be in vanilla and togglable

It's true that they are some of the most popular mods, however the problem with that is they are highly customizable and everybody prefers different customizations. It's easy to do such customizations when they are mods; having toggles for every display related preference for the combined status mod and having ctrl to toggle, and all the different grid options you can use through a modded panel. I wish console players to be able to use a grid-assisted building if they desire to do so, but beyond that integrating those mods into the main game will result in less options, decreased customizability and overall an inferior experience. There's a similar situation for Snapping Tills aswell.

If Klei's interested in integrating more popular mods into the gameplay, I think their first pick should be the Gesture Wheel, something that's already in the console versions of the game. Keep Following, More Players, Status Announcements, Dusk & Night Music and Action Queue Reborn 2 would be other great options aswell, with varying degrees of the same concern about Geometric Placement and Combined Status mods though.

A “Classic Mode” for people who want to play characters Pre-Rework. You can literally make both camps of players happy- the ones who enjoyed Old Woodie/Wolfgang & the ones who enjoy New Woodie/Wolfgang.

Its a literal “have your cake & eat it too”moment

I kind of miss pre-rework Abigail.. how having to recover her flower where she dies was dangerous it’s a feeling I can only get back if I play the original DS.

When you host a world as Classic all characters and content is reverted to the pre-updates versions.

I don’t think this would be too ridiculous of a thing to ask for.. but then again I’m no game designer: And it could entirely not be worth it.

Hot key for lazy explorer and wortox soul hop. I played a mod where you could use head item to teleport similarly to Wortoxes soul hop, but you press R and then pick the place with left mouse. It was absolutely amazing. 

I hate the miss-clicking and the constant reminder on my mouse that I can teleport. So much, that i never use this direct upgrade of a cane, without having a second normal one.

I think if you had to use hot key then left mouse to teleport instead of just right mouse, then this item would become a lot better and so would Wortoxes life. before anyone says that this gonna cause trouble for new players as they might never figure out wortox can teleport, I want to remind you that we all know how to summon misery toadstool for some reason, even tho that's impossble to figure out too. 

There are quite a few mods that have existentally become must-have's, such as combined status, geometric placement and mini map, i'm sure alot of people would appreciate them being added as actual features (namely console players.)

also, can i get a forum qol? you can't see who reacted to your image on mobile, but you can on pc.

Thank you!

55 minutes ago, CatchySong said:

There are quite a few mods that have existentally become must-have's, such as combined status, geometric placement and mini map, i'm sure alot of people would appreciate them being added as actual features (namely console players.)

also, can i get a forum qol? you can't see who reacted to your image on mobile, but you can on pc.

Thank you!

yep, and the emote gesture wheel mod too. i feel so bad for console players they cant use great mods, its saddening :wilson_resigned:

Archived