What features would you like for klei to add in future QoL updates?

For PS4: 

Please, please i beg you.. Geometric Placement. Also a new way to adjust the target of wortox teleport/lazy explorer.

New craftable for Bearger drop.. it's the useless item in the game..

New craftable for hound tooth.

Respawnable Anenemies (Like a respawn of 4 anenemies per year)

A zombie mob for the caves in lunar grotto that can drop Fossil (30%-50% chances)

A shelter for rain like the Shipwreck one made by kelp (so they gain new uses)

Skins:

Pigs and bunnyman should change in base of the skin of their houses.

BeeQueen Crown

Bush skins

Hound Mound

Pitchfork

Weather Pain

Moggles

Glommer (Some variant based on the flower)

Some new firepit and endothermic

5 hours ago, hhh2 said:

how about everytime you load up the game the tab changes! Well at least that's how it feels when looking for birdcage

I mean, yeah. Bird cage chllin in structure tab with no logical reason, its purpose is to make eggs and seeds, which is, again - food. 

Why not swap it to food tab? That  makes total sence and darn, have you seen how low that thing in structure tab?!

21 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

I mean, yeah. Bird cage chllin in structure tab with no logical reason, its purpose is to make eggs and seeds, which is, again - food. 

Why not swap it to food tab? That  makes total sence and darn, have you seen how low that thing in structure tab?!

like the lures machine, a sea crafting station placed in the structure tab when it should go in the seafaring or science tab

I would really love for them to hire a handful of people who can better translate this games intended gameplay to a Xbox/PlayStation controller: Everyone knows that playing with a controller over KB+Mouse is actually losing out on core gameplay design: And it shouldn’t feel that way… I shouldn’t feel “Punished” for not playing the game on the platform content is designed on and just ported to my version of the game: I paid for this game same as people on PC hell I probably pay MORE then people playing on PC because I didn’t get DST, Hamlet or Wormwood as Freebie, I also have to buy “Bolts packs” instead of just buying a skin dirt cheap off the steam Market- I’m paying MORE so Why is my Experience WORSE? It is disheartening.. Hire a team that is fully aware of all the tricks a console controller performs (such as holding in LB+RB and pressing Y to do a different function from just pressing Y..) just because a controller has limited buttons, does not mean that companies for many centuries haven’t incorporated clever ways of using those limited buttons… and when things like Wortox’s Soul hop and Turning On/Off a lantern you’ve placed on the ground are bound to the same action: The game actually becomes HARDER to play then it’s Superior PC counterpart.

I beg and I plead with you to hire a team to truly fix it..

Lets stop the whole “Buy a PC it’s better” arguments and actually CARE to improve the feel & Quality of the game for those on Consoles.

Thank You :wilson_love:

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hire a team that is fully aware of all the tricks a console controller performs (such as holding in LB+RB and pressing Y to do a different function from just pressing Y..) just because a controller has limited buttons, does not mean that companies for many centuries haven’t incorporated clever ways of using those limited buttons…

The console port is truly archaic. The inaccesibility to select items on the screen and being bound to player proximity was already solved in the late 1700's. 

On 11/26/2021 at 4:31 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Xbox QoLs- Ability to Mute All player headsets at once, Ability to Relocate Inventory Hud to the Left, Right or Top of the TV screen instead of just being on bottom where my cats frequently sit, When standing near the edge of land ability to press down on D-pad and throw unwanted things into the ocean to get rid of them (PC Players can just drag and drop.. console can’t even do that.)

Oh yeah and the whole needing to drag and drop meat over a Gnarwail out at Sea to tame it… that needs to be fixed too, maybe by letting us drop meat at the edge of our boat and it swimming to get it.

Or.. alternatively just make the game have a built in mouse pointer, Bonus points if it’s a cool shadow/Charlie hand.. by holding down the Y button or something for a few seconds to pull up the In-Game cursor.

Palm Tree’s in the Oasis Biome.. come on Klei.. I’ll PAY YOU to do that one.

This times 1500.

Also a range changer for stuff like wortox's jump and the lazy explorer. 

Also maybe some rebind options in the menu? 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:02 AM, . . . said:

yep, and the emote gesture wheel mod too. i feel so bad for console players they cant use great mods, its saddening :wilson_resigned:

Oh actually we already had the gesture wheel. Wait this comment is from yesterday, im sorry.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:48 AM, lakhnish said:

Remove the beg feature on pets. It just makes people not want to adopt them (or use a mod to silence them but then those who don't have the mod are forced to listen to their crying).

Or maybe rework them entirely. It would be interesting to have the need to still feed pets, but it could be made by them making sad faces. When they have their belly full, they could help the player doing some stuff: collecting, searching for mobs (IMAGINE IF YOUR PET RUN TO THE NEXT DIRT PILE) and battling. Being hungry would make them do it on ocasion.

Remove “Go Fast” from most players kits, and make it instead a new food item anyone can craft and everyone can share.. similar to feasting at winters feast table, just a food dish you and your friends can all gather around and gorge upon as a collective TEAM and then all reap the Benefits from it.

With WX78 in particular give them a new craftable Hat like a Conducting antenna hat that they can give to other players, and when WX78 gets Overcharged in a lightning storm: EVERYONE wearing the caps near a WX78 goes fast with that WX78..

In a Multiplayer game.. going off and leaving your teammates behind in the dust isn’t a very multiplayer friendly feature.. it’s like if they created a Justice League game and the Flash could move faster and hit harder then any of the rest of the cast: It makes the game BORING for everyone else who isn’t “Going fast”

I personally feel like it’s a pretty huge problem, and with neat things like the Sanity Restoring Tea being in the game: there’s room for a Go fast food, or even late game craftable that lets Everyone share the “go fast”.

Think of it like the original Space Jam movie and how to get their powers back all the Basketball players had to collectively touch the glowing ball.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Remove “Go Fast” from most players kits, and make it instead a new food item anyone can craft and everyone can share.. similar to feasting at winters feast table, just a food dish you and your friends can all gather around and gorge upon as a collective TEAM and then all reap the Benefits from it.

Oh god NO.

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thankfully no

Consistent attack speed;

Seeds and birds not blocking placement (and in general objects that can be picked and moved);

Increase range of lazy forager or add item to retrieve objects in the ocean at reasonable distance (or add that functionality to sea fishing rod);

Add some form of invulnerability when player enters/exits caves and doesn't have control over character yet (while on loading screen);

Add an option to select different parts of "classic", "default" and "highly random" strating resource presets (grass/grass gekkos, twigs/twiggy trees, berry bushes/juicy berry bushes) regardless of each other (so one can choose highly random (juicy)berry bushes and classic grass and twigs, for example);

Add quick soul drop for Wortox;

Make "pick" primary option for Warly with torch equipped instead of "light" regarding portable crock pot (and make Warly able to pick it with torch in the first place);

Give players after day 10 2 flints instead of 1 (for pickaxe; or shovel in case Wickerbottom); right now it's "find second flint and don't die [of boredom]" activity that could take days, which is not hard, but just postpones real play session;

Add ability to organize mods in groups and enable such groups at once.

Edit: minimap icon for eyebone, star-sky, spiky bushes and lesser glow berries would be cool too.

1 hour ago, LEX-7O2 said:

Beefalo storage saddle pretty please 

and another to till the farms plsss

edit: rework how building colission works. If i can place a wall next to a science machince why i cant place the science machine next to the wall? for me is already late, i learned the hard way (still annoying) but for new players that enjoy building will be a nightmere that could make them drop the game

22 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Make the insulated pack not flammable. It's a boss craft and none of the ingredients are flammable 

is the only thing that always make me choose piggy bag over insulated pack, i dont want to be the entire spring afraid of dropping my boss tier backpack while exploring (im already busy trying to protect non renewables from lightings ¬¬)

Allow me to as usual: suggest crazy & wild ideas-

If any of you have ever played 7 days to Die.. you can actually set that game to decide what TYPE of behavior the zombies have you can have them all shamble around slowly but dangerous in groups like some zombie movies portray them, or you can have them run fast like they do in other movies.

in the same light: What if everything in the game ran and behaved at the same rate?

like imagine having World Gen toggles for how fast or how slow Hunger & Sanity drains within the world, or how fast the characters and mobs of the world move (cranking the entire game up to move at old prerework Wolfgang speeds for example)

Imagine being able to choose reduced health core as a world Gen option so players start in the world with lowered health, (a feature you can toggle on in the mobile versions of DS)

I think that there’s a ton of fun to be had in just giving us more ways of interacting with the content that’s already in the game.

Imagine if Deerclops could be brought down in Health and turned into a common everyday mob for example (after all the difference between boss & mob in DST is really only determined by the number of hits it takes to kill)

Or if content wasn’t restricted to just one familiar biome.. for a truly randomized experience.

Or if weather seasons truly were random, and times of day could be random at the start of each new “day” cycle.

I would really enjoy more ways of engaging in all the content Klei puts into this amazing game.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, Chubbylicious said:

Or maybe rework them entirely. It would be interesting to have the need to still feed pets, but it could be made by them making sad faces. When they have their belly full, they could help the player doing some stuff: collecting, searching for mobs (IMAGINE IF YOUR PET RUN TO THE NEXT DIRT PILE) and battling. Being hungry would make them do it on ocasion.

If my Vargling led me to the next dirt pile while on hunts I would feed him as well as I feed myself. Fully cooked crackpot meals on the regular instead of scraps, mm and morsels!

Archived