For threads that don't deserve their own thread

I’ve read others comments, I’ve expressed my own comments, but now it’s just about time to determine if Wolfgang’s rework is really a Nerf.. or if it’s actually a Buff in disguise-

If ALL you wanted out of Wolfgang was Speeed then for you that answer is Yes.. 

But: For those of you who wanted more to do while in Mighty Form then just zoom around the map with Speed, I would like to turn to you & ask how do YOU feel about the rework? A consistent 2x damage that does not diminish is nothing to dismiss, and sure getting to his Mighty form may require a little more effort then just running around using your faster speed punching 60 butterflies and then eating them for instant power up: But rather that is a buff or a nerf or not is all going to depend on what all he can DO while Mighty, a new 1% chance to instantly mine boulders or chop trees on the surface may sound useless, but consider running around from tree to tree or Boulder to Boulder hitting it ONCE.. you have the “Chance” to kill that Tree or Boulder with satisfying power. There may be other things he is capable of doing that has yet to be revealed yet: But I am very very much looking forward to throwing Dumbells at random birds or rabbits as Wolfgang.

Sure I’ll waste through Dumbells maybe, but rocks are infinite & plentiful so I doubt I’ll have much issue with it.. But is Wolfgang’s rework an all around nerf to him, or has he been buffed in other areas outside of speed? 

I’ve been debating this ever since his rework was announced, I debated it even further all throughout the beta, and in the final hours before his rework I’ve been playing him exclusively to say good-bye to his original playstyle properly.

Ive noticed that if I would not need to eat all the time to stay Mighty then I won’t need to constantly pluck all the berry bushes and carrots on the map, which in turn leaves behind those same berries & carrots for the Wurt who won’t eat meat, sure all of this is early game talk and keeping a Wolfgang Well fed after he has established himself shouldn’t matter: but in those first few days or seasons (varying on the PLAYERS skill level and not the characters) I’m sure it’s a welcoming sight for a Wurt to come through the area and all the vegetable sources she would need to survive upon haven’t been scarfed down by that mighty hungry belly.

So honestly? Rather Wolfgang’s rework is a nerf are a buff is completely up to debate: Other reworks Also received behind the scene's nerfs: but also got buffs or new stuff to the point those Nerfs weren’t even missed..

The issue with Wolfgang however is he didn’t have much going for him at all to begin with: you just ate and became more powerful, could move around the map quicker with built in speed and finish fights faster with built in damage it was very… very outdated and one dimensional playstyle: so to lose anything at all feels like a massive knife to the heart of most Wolfgang players. But what has he GAINED: and what might he continue to possibly gain still after a week or so of feedback when the full version goes live?

23 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

when is the qol update primised? Q.Q

I mean... They did give us 2 QoLs as advertised in the roadmap. If they have a solid idea of what they wanted to add in a QoL and couldn't because of time constraints, I'm sure it's going to be one of the first updates of 2022, after the Year of the Catcoon event.

9 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

honestly if this was reaction to wolfgang rework i think wx rework will be similar

wolfgang's rework looked more like an attempt to make him balanced (i dont have many opinions on it because i dont play him) and wx will probably be the same

"give wx 400 hp back" threads

I have a feeling it won't be quite the same because Wx-78 only really needs a better way to maintain and achieve overcharge, anything else he gets is a bonus. Even Wolfgang's health decrease wasn't much (or at all) of a focus in the threads speaking about the refresh. I think this rework was very controversial because damage was a red herring. 

Everyone was very focused on it, even Klei, no one could move past it.

Wx-78 and Wickerbottom don't have this problem. 

21 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

honestly if this was reaction to wolfgang rework i think wx rework will be similar

wolfgang's rework looked more like an attempt to make him balanced (i dont have many opinions on it because i dont play him) and wx will probably be the same

"give wx 400 hp back" threads

Rather than simply nerf him, i would just like to see a more fleshed out and complex system for upgrading. Instead of simply eating a gear and you gaining stats, id like to see a player be able to craft different upgrade parts for him that unlock new abilities or something. Recharging also seems like a mechanic that should reworked to instead act as a limiter to your new abilities, yes that means making it a meter you must manage.

I think going into Wolfs rework with the sole goal of nerf was a mistake tbh and i hope they dont make it again with these last few characters as they are my favorites -Wicker, WX, Maxwell

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

I predict Wx is gonna get a meter, an energy meter. 

Mark my words!

You'll get 5/5 energy every day, and you use it when you do something and then you have to pay 0.99 or wait 5 hours.

Spoiler

Don't even get me started on the constant pointing out of the shop and ingame ads!

When you die, you'll be able to revive with all your stuff by watching an ad!

and if you don't watch an ad, it makes you watch one anyways.

Spoiler

Wx is actually a character i care about so i hope it's done well, fingers crossed.

What are your worst fears for the remaining character refreshes? Remaining refreshes being Wilson, WX, Wickerbottom and Maxwell unless I'm forgetting someone.

Babysitter mechanics, long channeling-style animations, mini-games, big changes in playstyle, non-utility consumables that take up inventory slots? (the Wolfgang rework realized all of my worst fears xD)

I don't play Wilson, but with the bird in his picture I fear him getting a loud chicken pet, disturbing nearby survivors. It would also require feeding and it eats stuff off the ground.

WX seems like a likely target for big changes, perhaps a nerfed but easier to attain overcharge. I'm afraid his speed will be completely removed rather than adjusted or reworked.

Wickerbottom feels like she's easy to simply expand upon without changing her current playstyle, so I'm afraid she'll get the Wolfgang treatment. Unable to read books at low sanity would hurt a lot too.

I'm unfamiliar with the nuances of Maxwell since I don't play him, so I'll I'm gonna say is that shadow puppets now require some kind of upkeep. They are also smiling.

10 hours ago, Mangrove said:

What are your worst fears for the remaining character refreshes? Remaining refreshes being Wilson, WX, Wickerbottom and Maxwell unless I'm forgetting someone.

Babysitter mechanics, long channeling-style animations, mini-games, big changes in playstyle, non-utility consumables that take up inventory slots? (the Wolfgang rework realized all of my worst fears xD)

WX seems like a likely target for big changes, perhaps a nerfed but easier to attain overcharge. I'm afraid his speed will be completely removed rather than adjusted or reworked.

Who wants to be the sacrifice to the klei gods for the WX-78 rework?

1 minute ago, Gi-Go said:

Wikerbottom rework wasn't even released, and one of her books is already ruined. I have zero hope these last 5 reworks will be any good. 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, If anything her books will be tweaked to require more ingredients from around the game (preferably even encouraging her to interact with newer areas released with the 2019-2021 updates) Wickers Vignettes actually show her as being even MORE powerful then her in-game portrayal, she needs that power but make her have to earn it by putting in the work.

I love Wicker (plus she’s been Nerfed already & her Rework hasn’t even come yet.)

Only substantial nerf I can see for Wicker is her books no longer functioning when at 0 sanity. Would be significantly harder to spam books and would require an increase in sanity restoring foods. 

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Only substantial nerf I can see for Wicker is her books no longer functioning when at 0 sanity. Would be significantly harder to spam books and would require an increase in sanity restoring foods. 

That. Then the tentacle book safe zone glitch fixed as it is glitch and klei fix glitches. Then the lightning book gets deleted as it kills players. That's 3 out of 5. 

Archived