For threads that don't deserve their own thread

Peppers shouldn't damage you. I ain't against what it does now, but technically peppers don't hurt you in real life. Capsaicin is the compound in that makes peppers spicy, but all it does it trick your brain into thinking you ate something hot; peppers are actually quite healthy for you ironically.

So basically what's happening when a survivor dies from eating peppers is that they've tricked themselves to death.

8 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Peppers shouldn't damage you. I ain't against what it does now, but technically peppers don't hurt you in real life. Capsaicin is the compound in that makes peppers spicy, but all it does it trick your brain into thinking you ate something hot; peppers are actually quite healthy for you ironically.

So basically what's happening when a survivor dies from eating peppers is that they've tricked themselves to death.

eat one of the spiciest ones and lets see how good it does to you 

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

klei tunned the loot too so isnt just a mediocre armor and a expensive chest

True, but if your far enough into the game to know what to do with that loot then you probably don’t need Dragonfly’s hp reduced for you in the first place.

But then again: Wortox/Wendy/& especially Wanda outclasses anything you can create with Dragonfly’s loot, so maybe it’s time for a change?

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox/Wendy/& especially Wanda outclasses anything you can create with Dragonfly’s loot, so maybe it’s time for a change?

waaaat

idk about wanda's item duplication perks, wendy's warming power or wortox's crafting tab with antistunlock armor

sure, maybe is time for a change. A global change where people talk about what they know but i guess we can only dream

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But then again: Wortox/Wendy/& especially Wanda outclasses anything you can create with Dragonfly’s loot, so maybe it’s time for a change?

I'm still waiting for the fabled day when you, dear ol' Mike pal, will finally learn to play well "Wortox/Wendy/& especially Wanda" plus rest of cast and be blown away. Like "Oy, I can do so much with so lil is crazy, yo!". And finally appreciate DF Scales, Furnace, rare Gems, Thulecite. End will come when Mike will farm efficiently Snails beside his Atrium base, full of Mushroom Lights & decorative Atrium Hearts just because, finally, Mike's middle name morphed into DST Chad of Real Knowledge-and-Experience. One might dream, eh?!

I feel like dragonfly dropping ruins gems was just for added "flavor". It is a "Dragon" after all, it hoards alot of shiny treasure.

It's the games first raid boss btw it hasn't changed much since dst first came out, it dropped those gems before the caves were even added into DST and they were useless back then, but it still dropped them anyways, scaled furnace didn't exist either back then.

As of now it mostly exists to continually provide ruins gems, to provide a magma pool replica in your base, and big boy chests. 

It's a pretty big pushover too if you know how to knock it out of it's enraged form, and avoid getting swarmed by maggots.

Like everything else outside of "autumn" new players don't touch it, but that's mostly just out of fear or inexperience. For others it's just a resource grind for easy loot, or obstacle to walk around in the DF desert.

I truly believe if raid bosses had hp scaling it would fix alot of issues. If it was optional for private worlds even better.

Solo world players would get to choose whether they prefer smacking a boss for a minute or 10.

Raid bosses already have absurd hp, If the fight ends faster than you thought where's the problem? If it takes longer because of the player count those number's should have been accounted for in item preparation.

In pub games those worlds don't last long anyways, what happens in there is free real estate.

Private games can be altered to fit your preference.

People that want to show off how "skilled" they are can scale the bosses hp up, use handicaps or just play wes or avoid all these alterations completely in their own world. Without affecting the player base as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

I feel like dragonfly dropping ruins gems was just for added "flavor". It is a "Dragon" after all, it hoards alot of shiny treasure.

It's the games first raid boss btw it hasn't changed much since dst first came out, it dropped those gems before the caves were even added into DST and they were useless back then, but it still dropped them anyways, scaled furnace didn't exist either back then.

As of now it mostly exists to continually provide ruins gems, to provide a magma pool replica in your base, and big boy chests. 

It's a pretty big pushover too if you know how to knock it out of it's enraged form, and avoid getting swarmed by maggots.

Like everything else outside of "autumn" new players don't touch it, but that's mostly just out of fear or inexperience. For others it's just a resource grind for easy loot, or obstacle to walk around in the DF desert.

So what your telling me is if the loot this thing drops is as OP as you guys claim it is, then this loot should be removed from its loot tables and instead applied to an even harder newer boss somewhere?

Rather the loot is “Good or Not” is dependent on how YOU play the game and what blows my mind most about you guys is you have ALL Said it: Past the first year of surviving there’s no difference between your first summer and your 100000th, 

So what good is this “loot” you get if you already survive just fine without it?

Just because DST is a Sandbox doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have “Rules” GTA is a Sandbox game too.. but you blow up enough other players cars and you’ll find yourself in a lobby specifically for “Bad Sport” players, Minecraft is a Sandbox game too but I can enable/disable certain mobs & player actions to customize the experience further.

Slay the Spire is a Rogue-Lite game: A game that’s only winnable by sheer pure blind luck, not skill.. not knowing what to do, only within the deck of cards you end up obtaining in that play session.

To put DST into the same category as Slay the Spire is False: Because DST has always predictable biomes, mob locations, weather effects- The only thing that might change (heavy influence on “Might”) is maybe a Gnarwail spawns out on a fishing trip when you rollback to a previous save when he hasn’t been there the first time you went through the area.

It doesn’t matter if I reference a FPS, a 3rd Person Shooter, a 2D platforming game, a open world sandbox game, a Restricted Sandbox Game or a card deck building card game, this thread is all over the place anyway with no clear direction whatsoever

If Dragonfly’s rewards are too good then maybe Klei should move them to some other harder area of the game: But rather or not those rewards are good or not depends on how YOU play the game- 
I could go through the effort to kill Dragonfly just for a “Chance” at a purely cosmetic Broodling pet den creature that does absolutely NOTHING and in Fact the Larvae I had to actually keep alive, feed, protect, got free light off of, could cook food on, and had to be cautious to make sure it did not burn everything in sight was a better pet then the Broodling upgrade from it.

Or.. I can spare myself the pain of needing to fight the Dragonfly for a “Chance” to get this pet and instead get a guaranteed KittyKit or kill the Eye of Terror for a guaranteed Friendly Peeper- All without needing to fight some very high hp boss for a chance to get an item then baby sit an egg till it hatches then (insert long rant here) 

THAT is my problem with Dragonfly- I can careless about your yellow, green or orange Gems unless I’m playing Sonic the Hedgehog where collecting one of each color turns me into an invincible glowing god-like Super Sonic.

But as far as I know- there’s no temple that requires slotting a Gem of each color into to enter a Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider style loot crypt full of excitement, booby traps, and danger, there’s no “Super Sayain” Character Upgrade system where my power level reaches over 9000, I’m not even collecting these different colored Jewels to trade with NPC’s in a Trade-market somewhere for valuable loot, so then what AM I collecting these gems for?

To build some structure to teleport, Wortox Soul Hop or recast myself in another location? That’s all groovy & all but I got a Beefalo, Walking Cane or Wormhole for that- Why do I need this extra utility? To make staying alive easier?? In a game that I expect to “challenge” me? Loot tables from bosses in this game have never made any sense to me.. EVER.

Look guys.. I’m just Old School: I remember when fighting a boss dropped a puzzle fragment needed to unlock a door that needed the full puzzle completed first, I DO NOT ever recall beating a boss in Crash Bandicoot, or Super Mario that also then made the rest of the entire game easier.

I remember a time where fighting a raid boss for “loot” was just another step in things you needed to do to progress to a new location- Gex needed X amount of baddies killed, Spyro needed more jewels, The game of Clue required you to find out which Rooms, Weapons and Potential Killers were NOT the Killer to solve who was the Killer.

With DST, it’s a Sandbox game where what you do (and how you do it) is up to three things:

1-What Klei wants/expects you to be able to do (and if what your doing isn’t something they wanted done they’ll patch it out.. like Wurts infinite Follower glitch or using Statues and Knobby Trees as invincible walls)

2- What the host of the world has set for you to be able to do (try all you want but if I have ICE completely Disabled your not using ICE for crockpot fillers or any craftables requiring ICE)

And finally 3- What YOU decide to do: (if you want to blow a boss up with cleverly placed storage chests full of Gunpowder or watch them Fall to an Army of Recruited Followers, or Build Follower Houses right on top of them.., What you do is entirely up to You.. or the other two options above you.

(Also as a disclaimer since this thread has no general direction I’m totally allowed to go on these long rants like this, & you can either read through it or more likely skip over the post.)

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Past the first year of surviving there’s no difference between your first summer and your 100000th,

Quality of life improvements, progress, building, hoarding, showing off. I respect the way you play but please accept that with the tools late game provides it "can" and will be played differently than early game.

I don't understand your disdain for using the tools in a survival game to make "surviving" easier. The game has progression in other aspects pearl's quest for example or collecting 8 fossil fragments for fuel weaver.

Fuel weaver can't be done without killing the shadow pieces.

Celestial champ can't be done without killing pearl crab king. 

I don't mind your need for "mcguffins" but the game already has some and that's exclusive to the newly added bosses alone. RoG bosses just add survival tools.

13 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Potatoes also don't undo getting swiped by a bear 10x your size. :D

2 hours ago, Another membe said:

Didn't Crash bandicoot 3 have permanent upgrades(that made the game easier) you got from bosses?

Smack Dragonfly and you have an infinite heat source for Winter.

Dethrone Bee Queen and you can keep your food fresh for an eternity.

Pluck Malbatross and you get a really good oar, an upgraded watering can and sail.

Defeat CC and you get a crown that basically make tam o shanter not needed anymore.

Take down Ancient Fuelweaver to reset the ruins, allowing you to gain superior equipment again.

Killing Crab King gives you nothing, you lose.

If you like to just stick to ur grass and twigs to survive, be my guest. But I prefer surviving like a king :)

1 hour ago, Spino43 said:

Smack Dragonfly and you have an infinite heat source for Winter.

Dethrone Bee Queen and you can keep your food fresh for an eternity.

Pluck Malbatross and you get a really good oar, an upgraded watering can and sail.

Defeat CC and you get a crown that basically make tam o shanter not needed anymore.

Take down Ancient Fuelweaver to reset the ruins, allowing you to gain superior equipment again.

Killing Crab King gives you nothing, you lose.

If you like to just stick to ur grass and twigs to survive, be my guest. But I prefer surviving like a king :)

Shortest TL:DR I’ve ever made- I’d be OKAY with this if getting the items were a requirement in surviving later stages of the game (Need Scalemail Armor/Bearger Vest to enter an extremely hot/extremely cold biome or DIE going there..)

4 hours ago, Another membe said:

Didn't Crash bandicoot 3 have permanent upgrades(that made the game easier) you got from bosses?

Princess Toadstool encloses jewels to help you on your journey in SMB3, too. Bit of a mistranslation since none are jewels, it's things like P Wings.

Either way Crash and Mario are linear games where you have no choice. You fight that boss, or you turn the game off. DST has you choose to go out of your way to fight the boss so they should be compared with secrets in older games instead of mandatory progression. Secrets definitely gave you some goodies.

Alright I want someone at Klei (preferably the devs in charge of keeping up with the games lore) to give me some lore on Wolfgang’s “Wimpy” form.. like Why does that even exist at all??

In his Animated Short the Wolfgang we see is actually in pretty Decent shape & fully capable of lifting several weights sizes before needing to “fake” his extreme might with the Baby Elephant.

So is Wimpy form just an in-game downside for not keeping his Muscle/Hunger up? Or is there some actual LORE behind it??

Such as:

Potential lore reason #1

Wimpy form is one of Wolfgang’s Myriad of Phobias.. when he was exposed as a Fraud he felt Wimpy from that point forward regardless of not actually being Wimpy.. Kinda like a Placebo or people who think they’re too skinny/too fat when they’re not- It’s all in your head.. so you just feel it.

potential lore reason #2

(slightly even more morbid then the first)

When Maxwell granted Wolfgang extreme boosts in Mightiness (im convinced Maxwells Rework will impact him in some way by maybe even giving him EXTREME Levels of Mightiness being able to instantly punch down trees or boulders, lift large objects over his head and hurl them like he yeet’d that train etc..) But The shadow magic is literally “eating” Wolfgang alive, sucking his soul from his body like a Demeantor from the Harry Potter movies.

Either way- I would appreciate Lore on Wimpy form outside of just: You suck at Wolfgang so now playing him is going to suck too until you get better!

That or.. Remove Wimpy form from the game altogether seeing as how most every other characters harsher downsides are now non-existent & because since DST is a Sequel to DS he’s been maintaining a more physical fitness.

(would prefer the lore over removal of wimpy.. but either one works.)

What’s with all the should X be Nerfed/Buffed threads lately?

I wish someone would make a poll on which MOBS and Craftables need buffs/Nerfs and let’s just leave characters alone.

Here I’ll start:

Buff Bramble Husk, Dumbell Durability, Fireproof Felasteo, Winona’s Spotlights, Deck Illuminator, Bernie’s Ability to stay caught up with Willow, The healing of Healing Salve, Honey Poultice & Booster shots, Durability of Spider Hat, Wurts stupid Merm A.I. / King.

Nerf: RockJaw Sharks, Cookie Cutters low percentage loot drops, Crab King, Pet Den creatures ability to whine so often for food & also somehow get in the way of other interactions, Eye of Terror & Twins of Terrors ability to pop in on a random unlucky contestant on Celebrity Date Night.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What’s with all the should X be Nerfed/Buffed threads lately?

People are bored, this is usually the aftermath of experiencing update withdrawals. It's probably worse for those that didn't even care for Wolfgang's refresh. 

Archived