For threads that don't deserve their own thread

Tl;Dr At the end

Making a thread is hard, people size you up and tear you down. This is a thread to start threads that don't deserve their own thread.

Why? Because sometimes I want to make statements that aren't questions, they aren't pictures, nor are they a mechanic I want to share. Whenever I make a thread I feel pressured into needing to put a lot of thought into it. Maybe I got off topic with someone but I don't feel like making a new thread for it.

I want to say things like:

I wish there was necromancer character these are my ideas for perks, without having to make a character perks thread. 

I want to talk about similarities I enjoy between Wanda and Wormwood without the pressure that the whole forum is looking at it.

Maybe I want to make a game suggestion I know Klei would never implement.

Maybe I want to change subjects 100 times in a row.

Sometimes its nice to know you're not the center of attention and your thoughts, that your a bit shy to share (sometimes I get anxious and delete a thread I was going to share), are going to get lost in the void. 

Tl;Dr For this thread share what's on your mind about DST and don't worry about getting off topic as long as its DST related. Maybe you're having civilized discussion with someone that has gone off topic from the main thread, bring it here! Might get a little messy but go off topic (must be DST related) all you want.

This is forumers gone wild.

If all goes according to plan this thread may even unclutter other threads or the main page a bit.

I already know I'm gonna make a lot of comments on here. You guys have no idea how often random thoughts pop into my head about dst. Right now I poured a lot my energy into making this thread so I'll try again tomorrow.

Don't get this thread locked while I'm gone! 

18 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I already know I'm gonna make a lot of comments on here. You guys have no idea how often random thoughts pop into my head about dst. Right now I poured a lot my energy into making this thread so I'll try again tomorrow.

Don't get this thread locked while I'm gone! 

i own this thread now you have given me too much power you foolish mortals my venting thread might have fallen but i will take over this thread while the leader is away

anyway klei fix wurt's bugs

I play Fortnite & Apex Legends- what do those two games have in common??? You can unlock musical soundtracks to play in the main title screen/when dropping out the drop ship.

The new Eye for an Eye musical score is amazing, I would use this as my permanent main title screen music if- like vignettes.. the Music Score was selectable as well.

I would like chef pouch to be changed in order to not be forgotten/extremely niche item.

For example, I would use it much more if it's spoilage slowdown power was greatly increased (from +33% to 75%, like salt box), and amount of slots remained the same to still give player a choice "less slots + more spoilage reduction/more slots + less spoilage reduction". I like the fact that current chef pouch version can be crafted without prototyping with the same resources as backpack + 2 nitre (which most players consider useless and throw it away anyway, so recipe is very cheap and ok for current version), but proposed new version can be new item requiring current version chef pouch + blue gem - or even rarier material which makes sence to rush for Warly among other things he normally has insentive to rush - and prestihatitator to prototype. Also upgraded version can be openable from the ground like chest, that way it could be a good alternative to ice boxes for storing seeds (generic and crop-specific) before bundle wrap is available, also it may be arguably more convenient than bundle wrap for storing seeds.

I would like it to remain equipment that goes to body slot unlike tackle box though, because otherwise Warly would have 5x inventory space for no reason, and I like that in DS/T one needs to put an effort in managing inventory. Moreover, 75% spoilage reduction would make this item good for mass-cooking on multipot cooking station later in the game, since normally one can't put in one container items from salt box, ice box and inedible and still retain maximum spoilage slow down possible during the whole cooking process for each ingredient. Also imagine being able to prolong life of ham bat or infused moon shards even further without bundle wraps; I wouldn't even mind if upgraded version was Warly-exclusive to use, although normally I'm fine with giving voltgoat jelly to Wolfgangs and Wigfrids, getting the same benefit from glow berry mousse and spices as other players, etc. In that case for moving this item as other players they can be given ability to briefly equip that and immediately drop, so it can be slowly moved out of the way in the absence of Warly (similar to what happens if one tries multiple times to equip backpack while wearing backpack).

I hope to see Klei do the following in my lifetime, :

1. Make a brief hint or some systematic arrangement of the plot since this IP has been came out for nearly ten years, but the main plot is still vague. I'm really eager to know:

• the relationship between Hamlet's history and DST history,
  • whether the place where the shipwrecked world located is the Constant or not
  • whether the shadow is opposite to the moonlight sect or not
  • Why did the ancients move from the ground to the cave.
  • Does the crab race exist or not
  • and more

2. I hope Klei can launch some RPG playing method. the Constant has been discovered for nearly ten years, and the characters in it still live like  primitive people, drill wood for fire and hunt mammoths in the cold winter. human beans should learn more

3. Make a big adjustment to the two servers of the game(forest and cave). IMO DST is a very good game, but the biggest obstacle to spread is the delay of entering other people's servers. According to what I saw on the server statistics website, the average number of people in each individual server is 1.47, which is largely due to the delay problem. I bought this game for a few friends, but the network connection turned to be red every time they entered into my server.

Besides, building a server is a very challenging job for beginners. Imagine that if the delay of entering each server is within 10ms, many people are willing to stay and experience this world.

1798053072_QQ20210702140650.jpg.1c15b593055171406c2c0a77b61b7895.jpg

I'd like to see Wortox get big nerfs in order to give him more versatile perks. He's a cool character but his food penalty is really annoying and being able to heal is overrated, imo.

Some nerf ideas: Dropping souls heals over time instead of instant, his horns don't allow helmets, etc. 

14 hours ago, CatchySong said:

How about a tier list that goes over who gets the most benefits from beefalo taming? :wilson_curious: Might be useful to keep in mind.

All characters can benefit from a beefalo, some more than others. I'll share my opinion based on my experience.

Best synergy:

• Spoiler

• Wendy: gets a +35% bonus damage with abigail petal debuff, plus abigail's AOE, on an ornery beef allows her to deal high damage while also getting all the beefalo benefits. 
    • Maxwell: Can summon, unsummon and do all gathering jobs while on a beef, granting him high speed,  good damage and a good protection for his squishiness. 
    • Warly: can boost the damage and armor of beefalos through meals, while also covering one of his "weaknesses" of not being able to heal with repetitive foods very efficiently. 

Good Synergy: 

• Spoiler

• Walter: Walter can use his pathetic slingshot while mounted to draw aggro, and also cover his downsides by not getting hit on a beef. Woby can be very helpful in the first days to locate and carry all he needs to start taming one faster.
    • Wes: can cover his squishiness and low damage, getting a decent sustainable high damage with an ornery+war saddle
    • Wormwood: Can quickly and reliably get all sorts of healing and foods for the beef, and cover his own health problems specially in the early game. He loses his speed buff while mounted though.
    • Wickerbotom: Can start taming one slightly faster (due to being able to craft everything she needs just with a science machine) can quickly spam healing food for the beef, can use her books a little safer from the shadows or the tentacles themselves.
    • Willow: Doesn't get hurt from shadows while also keeping BERNIE! up. While Willow is actively mounting the beefalo is fireproof as well.

Meh synergy:

• Spoiler

• Woodie: I suppose Woodie can benefit from a rider like anyone else, but to use his shapeshifting, or chop trees he needs to dismount. Also if you are not careful with your moose charge you can damage your own beef and lose all taming. An ornery could be okay-ish mostly to deal with his insanity after transformations. But you'll have to leave your beefalo parked, or just following you like a dog for long periods of time regardless.
    • WX: You sort of lose all that makes him unique, no extra speed while overcharged and riding, and no real point into having 400 hp. I mean yeah he can use any (rider or ornery) but you don't benefit more than any Wilson while also losing your unique traits.
    • Wigfrid: The songs don't affect your beefalo or your allies beefalos, she also loses some of her uniqueness if she fights while riding. Makes her helmets and spears somewhat pointless too. She can benefit from a rider like any Wilson though.
    • Wolfgang: You can benefit from a rider like anyone else, to fight you'll always have to do it on foot. No point to make an ornery for Wolfgang, you'd be wasting potential.
    • Wanda: Mostly the same as Wolfgang.
    • Wortox: His soul healing and soul hop don't affect the beefalo. If you make an ornery you'd be just a Wilson with twice as much hunger.

The rest that I didn't mention are neutral mostly: they get benefits from the beefalo without losing much of their own perks, and without adding much of them to the beefalo riding itself.

6 hours ago, dish-order man said:

whether the place where the shipwrecked world located is the Constant or not

The announcement post for Warly in DST says:

A ship has dashed upon the shores of the island and our survivors have recovered a new member to add to their team; Warly!

So yeah, i think it's connected.

1 minute ago, Erineyes7 said:

How to actually get my friends into DST?

We've played it like twice and they just don't get the appeal, not that they don't like it, they're just having trouble getting into it.

kidnap them and force them against their will

2 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

We've played it like twice and they just don't get the appeal, not that they don't like it, they're just having trouble getting into it.

Just tell them “this game does a very terrible job of actually teaching you stuff but once you learn the basics it’s actually fun trust me”

8 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

My brother is the same... I have to "force" him to play. Like play with me and I'll buy you lunch kind of stuff, except he's starting to say no lol.

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

My brother is the same... I have to "force" him to play. Like play with me and I'll buy you lunch kind of stuff, except he's starting to say no lol.

kidnapping them and forcing them with no free will is always on the table

30 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I'm pretty sure my cousin actually likes the game but i'm just too nervous about failing to continue, since we're at the end of the first autumn and im nervous about not surviving winter despite doing it on my own plenty of times (honestly more nervous about deerclops, since i don't know if we have can get all the resources to fight him which we probably can.) Should just accept if we die we die lol.

So for me it's the opposite.

14 minutes ago, CatchySong said:

I'm pretty sure my cousin actually likes the game but i'm just too nervous about failing to continue, since we're at the end of the first autumn and im nervous about not surviving winter despite doing it on my own plenty of times (honestly more nervous about deerclops, since i don't know if we have can get all the resources to fight him which we probably can.) Should just accept if we die we die lol.

So for me it's the opposite.

Playing with someone else vs by yourself is so different it feels like a different game tbh. On my own I just speed through the game no prob, I have a pattern and my chances of failure are near 0. On multi I panic and flail so bad lol.

Archived