For threads that don't deserve their own thread

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Alright I don't wanna sound nuts, but does the little music jingle when you go Mighty as Wolfgang in the new refresh sound like spongebob music to anyone? I swear i'm not crazy.

Seems like only yesterday that I was adopted and now I have to take my parent to the old folks home :chargrined:

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

If the forum was a real place, I would be going around with a box of tissues and passing them around. Y'all crazy about one of the most boring characters getting any flavor. 

Yeah dealing damage is a lot more interesting than dealing damage & moving quickly, enabling you to fight enemies differently. There's already half a dozen threads for arguing about Wolfgang, why don't you guys to there instead of trying to make this into another?

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Literally every character could always do this... 

1) Why did you bring me here, I posted that image in Maxwell Memes? And how can you quote through threads?

2) That's why I specified with easily. Ruins and Dfly are not meant to be accesible early on, at least not with ease. Wolfgang allowed one to carelessly speedrun those things, which is exactly what most of arguments in Wolfgang-related threads boil down to- that these players are no longer able to do that and will now have to properly prepare just like any other character that wants to rush (and these players don't like that).

13 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

1) Why did you bring me here, I posted that image in Maxwell Memes? And how can you quote through threads?

I am god here.

2) That's why I specified with easily. Ruins and Dfly are not meant to be accesible early on

You just need to find them to access them.

, at least not with ease. Wolfgang allowed one to carelessly speedrun those things, which is exactly what most of arguments in Wolfgang-related threads boil down to- that these players are no longer able to do that and will now have to properly prepare just like any other character that wants to rush (and these players don't like that).

The ruins are extremely easy as most enemies can be bypassed by just walking away from them, all you need is moggles. 

That's not true, at least not for me, what I can accomplish is due to skill not perks. Also Wolfgang has been largely untouched as his higher damage possibly compensates for his lack of speed. His is arguably better in combat now than before. The problem is that that's all he has going for him now. His speed could accomplish more things outside of combat actually.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

@Hornete Can you take a screen shot of Wolfgang bench pressing two Wes? Pretty please? It's for school

Not gonna lie that would be “cute” to see, having Wendy or Webber climb up and sit on the statue or whatever is applied onto the Gym to boost the rate Wolfgang gets mighty. It also makes Team Work feel more intact.

I would petition for this change!

Can I use this thread as a place to express my first impressions of the Wolfgang rework? If I can.. then I want to express how I feel about what I have seen/heard so far:

First off what I like: Mightiness now requires just as much effort and game progression as every other character needing to unlock higher tier craftables at higher tier crafting stations, I love that Dumbells can be used as a thrown projectile it sounds absolutely fun.. hopefully it’ll be fine tuned to be as fun as it sounds.

Being able to gain Mighty from different Weights on the Gym sounds really Wolfgang like too so I love that.

Those are the GOOD PERKS.. but there’s a lot NOT to Like:

Being Wimpy is even more punishing then it was before by being able to freeze/overheat faster.. making being Wimpy even more punishing for the newer players and likely turning them away from wanting to play Wolfgang, If Wimpy has to have so many downsides, why not give it a useful perk like repurposing Wolfgang’s old Speed perk so when he isn’t feeling Mighty… he’s feeling Mighty Cowardly and runs faster.

Being Mighty now requires more effort but there’s not much to do WHILE Mighty besides carry heavy stuff, wear heavy backpacks, throw dumbells, row boats faster, and wear marble armors without penalty.

I was really hoping being Mighty would do other stuff, like allow him to Merm punch Boulders to save tool durability or pick up Antlion boulders dropped in summer and use those as a Free naturally spawning Throwable, or to rip entire fully grown Birchnut trees out the ground and replant them someplace else still intact..

Lastly and most importantly: His Team Work still absolutely sucks.. this is by far the most disappointing part of his rework, I really love some of the suggestions like other players being able to climb his Gym scales to help with Might gain, or to allow Non-Wolfgang’s to get a temporary Might/Speed boost from a Craftable MIni Dumbell weapon or Energy Drink/Bar.

Overall I feel like there’s room for improvement, but I love the foundation & core concept.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Being Wimpy is even more punishing then it was before by being able to freeze/overheat faster.. making being Wimpy even more punishing for the newer players and likely turning them away from wanting to play Wolfgang, If Wimpy has to have so many downsides, why not give it a useful perk like repurposing Wolfgang’s old Speed perk so when he isn’t feeling Mighty… he’s feeling Mighty Cowardly and runs faster

would be horrible with the current system.

getting low to get speed and needing to wait a lot of seconds to get mighty isnt fun

also is suppose to be a punish and they added more punishments because they remove the crazy hunger rate as downside

there is no sense that a wimpy person runs faster than a ripped one. Sure a strong person isnt as light as a skinny one but the skinny isn't in good shape. Lets see who wins between a 60kg nerd with chicken legs or a ripped 120kg person that can lift the double of his weith

Being Mighty now requires more effort

only until you get the gym and the gembells. So after few ingame days you are 24/7 mighty for free

you should wait to test it to make this assumptions

i was really hoping being Mighty would do other stuff

me too, there is potential for more than being just a x2 damage source

Lastly and most importantly: His Team Work still absolutely sucks..

totally and isnt the 1st time.

wanda only got wormholes for everyone (which is great but is only that), wendy got a sanity station that nobody uses and an unnecessary damage buff, wes got balloons that become useless after few minutes of gameplay and weeber only got not being annoying for the others

so wolfg got the same utility as Wendy, being a body ward which isnt the most open thing to sinergies or character combos

at the end, and peoole hate to admit this, but the wigfrid refresh the best along with wormwood's and warly's

Everyone keeps calling the forum a warzone, but I don't see it?

I laugh every time I see that term because I lurked toxic forums and this doesn't even come close. Most everyone knows how to be "angry" within acceptable boundaries. The most "aggressive" word I've seen is like stupid lmao. 

People are too sheltered man, I don't mean that people should act more toxic, but honestly this forum is really well behaved. 

On the bright side this forum has taught me to control my anger before posting. I'm a lot better at it now, but oh man was it bad. So many people I wanted to cuss out :lol:.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Everyone keeps calling the forum a warzone, but I don't see it?

I laugh every time I see that term because I lurked toxic forums and this doesn't even come close. Most everyone knows how to be "angry" within acceptable boundaries. The most "aggressive" word I've seen is like stupid lmao. 

People are too sheltered man, I don't mean that people should act more toxic, but honestly this forum is really well behaved. 

On the bright side this forum has taught me to control my anger before posting. I'm a lot better at it now, but oh man was it bad. So many people I wanted to cuss out :lol:.

JoeW will keep the forums in order at all costs or else you will be hit with the mighty Ban Hammer it’s sort of like the hammer of Thor, except when you get hit with it it doesn’t come back. (These devs keep their forums from erupting into widespread chaos) but I’m pretty sure once the rework goes LIVE there will be a ton of people who weren’t even aware he was getting reworked flocking here to express immense Joy/Hate/Mixed Feelings over it.

I feel deeply saddened for the staff during this dawning of a new Era of Don’t Starve… because the Flood gates ARE going to open when they Rework the “Holy Trinity” I can only hope the staff at Klei are fully prepared when it does.

Hopefully it won’t stop them from taking bold new decisions & making the game live up to their vision: If Klei decided tommorow that they want to nerf Wendy by making it so every time you return Abigail to her flower (and thus rip the flower apart in the process) that Wendy would need to craft a NEW flower to summon Abigail again and each time Abigail “dies” Wendy loses a portion of her Sanity & Health Core- I would actually be FINE With that..

Why? Because it broke Wendy’s heart losing her Sister the first time.. each time she has to lose her it breaks her heart just a little bit more. ;) 

Ultimately: The staff at Klei have this Vision of how they want their characters portrayed, how they want them to play, etc- and we the players have to be willing to accept the changes..

IF DST were an actual sequel and all these reworks were in the game on Day One: there wouldn’t be as many complaints I bet, but it’s not.. and They are going to have to weather the storm when it comes to any and all changes that they make.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

JoeW will keep the forums in order at all costs or else you will be hit with the mighty Ban Hammer it’s sort of like the hammer of Thor, except when you get hit with it it doesn’t come back. (These devs keep their forums from erupting into widespread chaos) but I’m pretty sure once the rework goes LIVE there will be a ton of people who weren’t even aware he was getting reworked flocking here to express immense Joy/Hate/Mixed Feelings over it.

I feel deeply saddened for the staff during this dawning of a new Era of Don’t Starve… because the Flood gates ARE going to open when they Rework the “Holy Trinity” I can only hope the staff at Klei are fully prepared when it does.

Hopefully it won’t stop them from taking bold new decisions & making the game live up to their vision: If Klei decided tommorow that they want to nerf Wendy by making it so every time you return Abigail to her flower (and thus rip the flower apart in the process) that Wendy would need to craft a NEW flower to summon Abigail again and each time Abigail “dies” Wendy loses a portion of her Sanity & Health Core- I would actually be FINE With that..

Why? Because it broke Wendy’s heart losing her Sister the first time.. each time she has to lose her it breaks her heart just a little bit more. ;) 

Ultimately: The staff at Klei have this Vision of how they want their characters portrayed, how they want them to play, etc- and we the players have to be willing to accept the changes..

IF DST were an actual sequel and all these reworks were in the game on Day One: there wouldn’t be as many complaints I bet, but it’s not.. and They are going to have to weather the storm when it comes to any and all changes that they make.

I mean they're either deleting comments at lightning speed or there's not really anything there.

MAYBE 1 or 2 very bad comments that I somehow missed but mostly  no one is really being terrible from all the comments I've personally seen. Just look at comments on some subreddits with little to no moderating or just Facebook in general for comparison, haha. 

What impresses me more is how many articulate individuals there are in this fan base. Klei should be proud that there so much well thought out discussion.

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I mean they're either deleting comments at lightning speed or there's not really anything there.

MAYBE 1 or 2 very bad comments that I somehow missed but mostly  no one is really being terrible from all the comments I've personally seen. Just look at comments on some subreddits with little to no moderating or just Facebook in general for comparison, haha. 

What impresses me more is how many articulate individuals there are in this fan base. Klei should be proud that there so much well thought out discussion.

I think it's because they stop an infestation before it can fester and eventually consume the forum. Maybe less like an infestation and more like a virus of toxicity but you get my point.

21 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Wanda.

That's it, I don't need anyone else.

Wicker uses sleepytime stories, oh no Hornets is dead. 

Jk, I would take the rest of the cast very seriously, pretend they're all being controlled by joshmocoolstuf.

My choices are:

Walter - Scouting (I surprised myself with this one tbh)

Wormwood- Support, food, defence (I think Wormwood might be better than wicker for his traps and bramble husk defending against StS)

Wanda - Damage, quick get aways. 

I would pick Willow as my only choice, and she would surround us in a permanent infinite ring of fire- anyone or anything that tries to enter the ring to get to me will be meet by Willow and Bernie standing inside that Ring of fire walking through the flames like a Phoenix unharmed while everything around her burns. 

I considered that maybe Wigfrid would try to get to me but let’s just be honest: Fireproof Falesto is trash.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would pick Willow as my only choice, and she would surround us in a permanent infinite ring of fire- anyone or anything that tries to enter the ring to get to me will be meet by Willow and Bernie standing inside that Ring of fire walking through the flames like a Phoenix unharmed while everything around her burns. 

I considered that maybe Wigfrid would try to get to me but let’s just be honest: Fireproof Falesto is trash.

Wouldn't wortox teleport inside or Walter pelt you with his ammo? Also pretty sure only Willow is fire immune, not you... So, crispy mike.

You guys are crazy choosing just 1 character lmao. There's like 14 crazy maniacs and you only choose 1 to protect you.

Archived