For threads that don't deserve their own thread

6 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Or is my boss shrine in culinary archipelago just basically one giant fraud?

All up to you. (Up to you!) 

Is my Bee Queen bunny blender legitimate? I don't think I have ever killed her solo all on my own. I still consider her a a boss I've killed. Similar with Dragonfly. I did kill the twins by fighting several nights in a row and sinking massive amounts of armor into the fight, but it doesn't feel more legitimate than my Crab King fight which I let bunnies do, while I fixed the boat.

If it were up to me, I'd say your kills count. Others will say they don't, but in the end it's your judgement. 

Unless there was some massive changes included, like shotguns or whatever, but you said there weren't so that's doesn't apply 

(Man I got Cheer readers playing in my head)

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

first of all, the only person that should care about it is yo

second, unless the mods make pierogies grow from trees or whatever crazy thing, why the fight wouldnt be fair? isnt like cherry forest gives you 1hit ko weapons xD

third, as you said, everything in the fights were vanilla 

forth, as far as i know, you have put some handicaps like warly diet so i think your victories has more merits than most of the fully vanilla ones

honestly, i have tons of hours in this game and im sure i cant rush CC as quickly as you did

I mean it took over 900 days to get the crown in culinary archipelago.

But yes, in culinary archipelago I put the four only rule for bosses(Though I do confess to abusing coffee alot later down the road for deerclops/bearger after having already killed them several times under the four only rule since they spawn on their own and I just want to be rid of them most the time, but for big raid bosses the rule has remained even for repeat kills.)

The rule is as follows.

Only vanilla weapons/armor
Only vanilla items(This includes turf just fyi)
Only vanilla food
Only vanilla strategies

Basically I told myself that the fight must be replicatable in a vanilla world, even if a crapton of prep in advanced was required, I also allowed the use of stuff like spicy goat jelly so long as the spicy goat jelly(and garlic fish cordon and whatnot) was made by the real Warly, since anyone can use the celestial portal to swap to warly to make them.

But I couldnt help but ask.

1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

I mean it took over 900 days to get the crown in culinary archipelago.

i though you rushed it when it was released, i remember a screenshot showing that you ended the rush at day ~100(?)

anyways, dont think that much about legit or not legit stuff, just have fun in the way you enjoy the game 

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i though you rushed it when it was released, i remember a screenshot showing that you ended the rush at day ~100(?)

anyways, dont think that much about legit or not legit stuff, just have fun in the way you enjoy the game 

Sorry for late response but I've been busy today.

But the world you might be thinking of is the vanilla world where I killed the celestial champion on day 214.

I need to go back and do a faster run at some point.

Just a small thought I've had about how not all of the parts on a boss are used (the ones that could be useful). I have no opinions on how they can be used but I find it interesting to think about.

Bearger's claws

Deerclops' antlers

Moose/goose's beak

Antlion's mandibles

Bee queen's stinger

Dragonfly's eyes (in some mythologies the eyes of dragons can have powers) as well as her claws

Crab King's pincers

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Just a small thought I've had about how not all of the parts on a boss are used (the ones that could be useful). I have no opinions on how they can be used but I find it interesting to think about.

Bearger's claws

Deerclops' antlers

Moose/goose's beak

Antlion's mandibles

Bee queen's stinger

Dragonfly's eyes (in some mythologies the eyes of dragons can power) as well as her claws

Crab King's pincers

if you mix it you almost get a manticore xD

I don't know if this is the proper place but a had this question since the Hamlet release. Do Pigmen have a second curse? With that I mean that while we know that some turn into werepigs the ones in Hamlet don't, they seem to be kinda normal but they also are attacked by vampire bats which drop "pigskin?" when they die. Some characters seems to think that the bat skin look similar to the pig skin  so, is it possible that Vampire bats are literally pigs from the Hamlet turned into Vampires?

image.png

If you post suggestions and feedback into a part of the forums that isn’t labeled as suggestions and feedback, is it still suggestions and feedback or is it you complaining & ranting about the game you love? My first conclusion would initially be Yes your just ranting away, but I have seen many many threads that were NOT in Suggestions/Feedback have ideas actually implemented into the game from them.

To be more specific- I have seen skin designs people have drawn up that later look almost spot on identical to the official versions Klei make later.

So I ask again, is posting them outside of their intended suggestions/Feedback area of the forums still considered Suggestions/Feedback?

This is quite a confusing conundrum, also- With today being the last day of November..

We are into the final month of the 2021 Klei Roadmap, There should be one more Twitch drop skin this year- What do you guys think the final Nautical Collection drop of 2021 is going to be?

We have had salt box, mast, steering wheel, deck Illuminator Nautical Skins- So could the final drop be a reskin for the boat itself or maybe the Tackle Box/Pinchin Winch/ Or Tackle Receptacle?

5 hours ago, IanKSB91 said:

I don't know if this is the proper place but a had this question since the Hamlet release. Do Pigmen have a second curse? With that I mean that while we know that some turn into werepigs the ones in Hamlet don't, they seem to be kinda normal but they also are attacked by vampire bats which drop "pigskin?" when they die. Some characters seems to think that the bat skin look similar to the pig skin  so, is it possible that Vampire bats are literally pigs from the Hamlet turned into Vampires?

I want to think so due to the gargoyles on the Mayor building.

I'm surprised no one has talked about Willow's state of mind. 

Wanda has proved that Willow has an affinity for madness and that it tends to manifest in all sort of forms. 

Pyromania is one of the "safer" types of madnesses Willow has decided to gravitate towards to express her "urges".

And we thought Woodie was crazy... Willow is legit insane.

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wanda has proved that Willow has an affinity for madness and that it tends to manifest in all sort of forms. 

Pyromania is one of the "safer" types of madnesses Willow has decided to gravitate towards to express her "urges".

Where did this come from? Did I miss something?

12 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Where did this come from? Did I miss something?

For one of the examination quotes Wanda wonders if this is one of the timelines where Willow goes on a killing spree. 

"one of" meaning there are multiple times where willow may have/could have snapped.

33 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Willow's pretty blatant insanity is a huge factor in what draws me to loving her as a character, it feels unique in that it's not just written off as the "heheheuheuhe me kill people" insanity and it plays so well into her personality I can't help but love it! 

I found a Dont starve mod that adds skins from DST to DS, but I remember there was a mod that was taken off for a simular reason I tried to tell them that it could be breaking a rule but they just said "Go for it! I don't care."  The mod in question is "Wardrobe Skins 衣柜皮肤"  created by WL, How do I get in touch with Klei to make sure this isn't going against any rules?

12 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I found a Dont starve mod that adds skins from DST to DS, but I remember there was a mod that was taken off for a simular reason I tried to tell them that it could be breaking a rule but they just said "Go for it! I don't care."  The mod in question is "Wardrobe Skins 衣柜皮肤"  created by WL, How do I get in touch with Klei to make sure this isn't going against any rules?

The support link is your best friend

11 hours ago, maradyne said:

...Carrat.

...Mandrake.

Hm.

MERP.png.a9617c7fe8f920861edc7c43c09247ed.png

That is could actually be a good theory. Maybe mandrakes are carrots infused with nightmare fuel (or something to that effect). thus giving them life and that could also explain why we don't need nightmarefuel to craft the panflute

2 hours ago, I am Armor said:

That is could actually be a good theory. Maybe mandrakes are carrots infused with nightmare fuel (or something to that effect). thus giving them life and that could also explain why we don't need nightmarefuel to craft the panflute

what about elder mandrakes

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what about elder mandrakes

I have two ideas about them.

The first is that they are connected to the ancient herald(s) because he's likely most part of the ancient civilization and the only times the elder mandrakes are neutral (and smile) is during the aporkalyps and a full moon. The aporkalypse is also when the ancient herald spawns but I don't know why they are neutral during a normal full moon.

The second is that since they only appear in the hamlet dlc wich takes place on a tropical mountain (I think) it could simply be that they grow bigger in that climate.

For someone (Wagstaff) that was pretty eager to explore the constant he sure did have a tight grip on the portal sucking him in.

Something must have gone wrong. Maybe he realized at the last second that he forgot to clear his search history.

On a serious note, Charlie might have Wagstaff captive. Absorbing the lunar energy may have been Charlie's plan all along.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:18 AM, I am Armor said:

Mandrakes are based off the real life mandrake. 
I don't think they've got much to do with the fuel, they seem to be pretty 1:1 to their myth counterparts. 

Archived