For threads that don't deserve their own thread

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Isn’t Year of the Dog already in the game as like Year of the Clay Varg or something?

So far the game already has Gobbler, Varg, Carrat, Beefalo, Catcoon

So next years will be Bunny/Bunnymen.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Couldn't you let me dream a little longer... ;_;

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Too bad.. I guess, sorry? Maybe.. Carrat was the best pet the game ever had- we will see if Tommorows update changes my opinion.

I want someone at Klei to tell me the differences between Catcoon, KittyKit & Kitcoons are.

In one of the Discords one of them said "they are not kittykits in any almost way" but that's all the info we have on them.

17 minutes ago, Nin Ya said:

With all that "constructive criticism" posts lately im not enjoying visiting forums as I used to . Anyone else feels same? Like you know... some people should just... get over it?

Yeah, I've been looking at the forums with more exasperation than interest recently. At first i would read up on stuff and actually be entertained by the discussion, but as of late it feels like the level of it all fell a few notches. 

Might be just the novelty of a new place wearing off.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

In one of the Discords one of them said "they are not kittykits in any almost way" but that's all the info we have on them.

"In any almost way" I'm too dumb to understand what that's supposed to mean... In. Any. Almost. Way. Is that intentionally cryptic? 

I'm thinking it may be like the little crow kids in the cawnival event. So we'll have a pack of kids to play with? Maybe. Can we call a pack of kitcoons a scruff? 

1 minute ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Are new world's required to play the new content?

That almost never is the case. Especially with update like that, the world either gets retrofited, or updates just go in and work normally.

1 minute ago, Keigo said:

does anyone know if it helps  to carry more than 1 thermal stone in winter?

It does not. 

They do no interact with each other. I believe that only occurs in single player and can even overheat you mid winter in your pockets, but not in DST.

3 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Are new world's required to play the new content?

No it retrofits into existing worlds, my existing Wendy world now has 7 Catcoon dens :) the biome is more alive then it’s ever been now lol.

Now if only all other biomes got the same treatment.. maybe some even with Hostile mobs- Allow Bee hives to build themselves up like spider nest for example of course OPTIONS are always a good thing..

Id like to be able to play worlds where resources renew over time.. like if all Bee Hives get destroyed a single bee pulled out of a Tumbleweed in the desert can fly off & over time create a new bee nest.

And I would also like to play worlds where I need to play cautiously and try to keep those resources alive myself.

As a Wendy main sometimes Abigail kills all my bee nests/Spider nests OPS.. but I’d like to play worlds where those things can both regenerate.. and if I choose to play a different way: Go Extinct.

Catcoon dens are now renewable even if they’ve been destroyed they will Respawn over time.

This prevents the biome from ever becoming an empty life-less wasteland.

But it also makes getting Meat as Wigfrid significantly less difficult.. etc.

In my Wigfrid world I forgot to set up lightning rods near my Catcoon dens- So Lightning wiped them all out, I think it’s “fun” that instead of being able to rely on catcoons indefinitely I had to seek out other means of Meat (I think I actually ended up just farming Batilisks from a nearby cave hole entrance or something.. can’t recall.)

You can now also Hire (& Kill) Ticoon from the Catcoon Shrine for Meat.. So Wigfrid mains will probably rejoice in that.

(it may also explain why Wolfgang’s Mightiness is no longer activated with Hunger as Well.)

Just food for thought.

1 hour ago, Keigo said:

does anyone know if it helps  to carry more than 1 thermal stone in winter?

You choose clothing or a single thermal stone. Stones stack with nothing and clothing stacks with clothing and beards.

If you have a lava pond or several scaled furnaces you can have multiple stones to swap quickly, but holding more than one is pointless.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No it retrofits into existing worlds, my existing Wendy world now has 7 Catcoon dens :) the biome is more alive then it’s ever been now lol.

Now if only all other biomes got the same treatment.. maybe some even with Hostile mobs- Allow Bee hives to build themselves up like spider nest for example of course OPTIONS are always a good thing..

Id like to be able to play worlds where resources renew over time.. like if all Bee Hives get destroyed a single bee pulled out of a Tumbleweed in the desert can fly off & over time create a new bee nest.

And I would also like to play worlds where I need to play cautiously and try to keep those resources alive myself.

As a Wendy main sometimes Abigail kills all my bee nests/Spider nests OPS.. but I’d like to play worlds where those things can both regenerate.. and if I choose to play a different way: Go Extinct.

Catcoon dens are now renewable even if they’ve been destroyed they will Respawn over time.

This prevents the biome from ever becoming an empty life-less wasteland.

But it also makes getting Meat as Wigfrid significantly less difficult.. etc.

In my Wigfrid world I forgot to set up lightning rods near my Catcoon dens- So Lightning wiped them all out, I think it’s “fun” that instead of being able to rely on catcoons indefinitely I had to seek out other means of Meat (I think I actually ended up just farming Batilisks from a nearby cave hole entrance or something.. can’t recall.)

You can now also Hire (& Kill) Ticoon from the Catcoon Shrine for Meat.. So Wigfrid mains will probably rejoice in that.

(it may also explain why Wolfgang’s Mightiness is no longer activated with Hunger as Well.)

Just food for thought.

does the ticoon drop meat? i saw him die dropping nothing

4 hours ago, EssZee said:

the main menu music is now in F# minor instead of G minor and has what sounds like a cimbalom added to it

that is all

I believe it is reused from some older Chinese new year events as well, so thats nice.

2 hours ago, mr. brj said:

I would still be planning to change my profile picture to something Wanda or Wendy related. Any advice anyone? Would love to fit in a Pokemon related aspect as well, just like Wolfgang riding a Beefoswine (Beefalo+Mamoswine) in my current picture.

For Wendy I would do Gengar as it's my favorite ghost Pokemon.

As for lore that may align... Yanmask as they are canonically human spirits or chandelure as that has to do with the burning of the soul to keeps it fires burning, very Wendy like. 

I can picture a Chandelure above a mourning Wendy in her gorge outfit (mourning clothing) with the veiled beekeeper hat.

That may hint that Chandelure burnt up Abigail to fuel it's flames but Abigail is very jealous of Wendy's companionship with other beings. 

Oh! What about a honchkrow or murkrow standing on Abigail's tombstone? 

For Wanda... Maybe unknown? with a watch styled after unknown H (minute and second hands where the eye is), while a real unknown H looks at it on Wanda's wrist curiously. Wanda is a seeker of forbidden knowledge and I can see her as a big fan of the unknown who are... Well, unknown! Lots of mysteries surrounding them.

Or a klefki holding on to watches?

8 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

For Wendy I would do Gengar as it's my favorite ghost Pokemon.

As for lore that may align... Yanmask as they are canonically human spirits or chandelure as that has to do with the burning of the soul to keeps it fires burning, very Wendy like. 

I can picture a Chandelure above a mourning Wendy in her gorge outfit (mourning clothing) with the veiled beekeeper hat.

That may hint that Chandelure burnt up Abigail to fuel it's flames but Abigail is very jealous of Wendy's companionship with other beings. 

Oh! What about a honchkrow or murkrow standing on Abigail's tombstone? 

For Wanda... Maybe unknown? with a watch styled after unknown H (minute and second hands where the eye is), while a real unknown H looks at it on Wanda's wrist curiously. Wanda is a seeker of forbidden knowledge and I can see her as a big fan of the unknown who are... Well, unknown! Lots of mysteries surrounding them.

Or a klefki holding on to watches?

I love the ideas here:D Will do all of them eventually. Thanks!

Archived