For threads that don't deserve their own thread

59 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

At this point this my "HowlVoid's corner" or "HowlVoid and friends" thread that would of have probably been locked by now if Joe wasn't my uncle. 

I'm thinking of renaming it DST and Chill, but IDK. 

Anyways, does anyone know what player suggestions have made it into the game?

I think Koi fish are one.

waxed giant veggies and wormwood refresh are the ones that come to my head if we dont take into account balance suggestions like figs growing from players planted trees or qol stuff

So I was thinking that we have got 2-3 reworks per year and there's only 4 characters that haven't received a rework so if we don't get any new characters next year Wilson could get reworked (because in case he do get reworked he probably is going to be the last one and maybe also Winona could get some love because she do deserve it). Sorry if this don't go anywhere but I really need to put this thought somewhere and this place looked like the right place, anyways we probably are going to receive extra content updates if there is no new characters or maybe my prayers get responded and I will be able to main Woodlegs here too jaja.

Again sorry if this isn't the place for this.

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

This is the place for everything, especially the random thoughts that won't go away unless we put them somewhere. 

best way to make a thread never get closed for being off topic is make the thread about everything

It amazes me how this thread hasn’t been locked, it also amazes me that DST is slowly climbing the top paid games list on Xbox live- and is currently on sale for 5$ this week, so if you have any friends on Xbox… and think DST would make a perfect Christmas Gift for them, let’s see if we can’t get DST in the first 2-3 rows of top paid games on Xbox Live!

Hurry.. the sale will end in a few days.

A bold conjecture that can explain why Alter is an independent entity but Klei identified it as "Them" and Why the moon provide Gateway technology and needed energy to ancients:

"They" are the moons form different dimensions. Use the Gateway will connect these dimensions also connect moons together and become "Them". 

I've always wanted to do a lore video that explains everything. But all the little threads seem to connect together, and it's hard for me to make them into a logical and explicable video. I think I'm close to the truth, or I've gone too far in my own speculation.

Another troublesome thing is that in official translation, Klei uses an artistic translation for Return of Them, which translates "Them" into a literal elder god, so many players in here think that "Them" is Shadow monsters and the moon is a new force "elder god" that has just been introduced, so if I want to make such a video, I have to explain this, omg. 

...given Maxwell's reactions lately, I'm actually starting to wonder if the Shadows are just a directionless power and any sentience we've seen from them is simple remnants of the Ancients...
While the Moon is 'Them'. At least, the 'Them' that Fuelweaver described, and that Max was attempting to glean information about from the Ancient texts.

In any case, most of what we know about this situation is from in-universe sources...like Max's assumptions.
It's hard to be certain if the things that we 'know' at this point...are actually correct to begin with.

This thread is for posting anything so well that’s exactly what I’m going to do, Are there any of you who like to discover how to do things in the game without resorting to the Wiki pages? Like I mean: do you enjoy walking 5000000000x past an important thing you never know the purpose of until one day.. you simply uncover it by mistake?

I love that feeling, I just a week or so ago finally discovered how to spawn “Toadstool” I knew it was in the game somewhere- I just didn’t know where or how to spawn it.. so my first experience with this thing was a Legit Jump Scare- I was like “Whoa Wth is that?!” And then: Well I ran far far away after smacking it a few times.

I had this same experience with BeeQueen, I learned how to summon it from an Inspection Quote while playing as Willow.

I love how the characters can teach you things through their inspection quotes, each character (except Wes) has helped me learn something about the game.

Playing with other people can be a fun experience too, they may see you baiting a rabbit trap or riding a Beefalo in a cave they are exploring on foot & be like “Wow I didn’t know you could do that!”

I love that feeling, yeah I no doubt miss out on a ton of content Klei adds to the game: but what I do discover is always exciting & new to me- I love it when my friends buy the game and are like

“this is too easy & boring..” then- while chopping a random tree it turns into some beast on them- the screams of Terror & excitement just never get old.

“What’s a poison Birchnut Tree?! Duuddde I’m gonna die..”

Buying this game for my friends to hear their first reactions to things is always the most entertaining thing ever :wilson_love:

23 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

For the next celebrity showdown:

Pennywise the clown vs. Wes

a hard one. Let see each one

wes is weaker than an average adult, if we compare stats we can asume that wes hits like a little girl, is as fragile as an old man and his mind cant handle so much

meanwhile pennywise (spoilers from the book) :

Spoiler

is an eldritch being that is fed by chaos, muerdering and fear. Is kinda a god but his power bring also his weak spot, to make prey feel fear it asumes the shape of their deepest fear which for wes is good since his deepest fear are balloons so wes can simply pop up IT
so numerous scenarios appear:
1) wes doesnt figure out how to defeat IT so pennywise just eats him ez
2) wes figures out how to defeat IT but loses his mind or dies for wounds before defeating IT
3) wes figures out how to defeat IT and actually does (if some little kids could wes can) it but dies from terrobeaks after
4) wes figures out how to defeat IT and actually does while eating green mush

i vote for wes

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a hard one. Let see each one

wes is weaker than an average adult, if we compare stats we can asume that wes hits like a little girl, is as fragile as an old man and his mind cant handle so much

meanwhile pennywise (spoilers from the book) :

Hide contents

is an eldritch being that is fed by chaos, muerdering and fear. Is kinda a god but his power bring also his weak spot, to make prey feel fear it asumes the shape of their deepest fear which for wes is good since his deepest fear are balloons so wes can simply pop up IT
so numerous scenarios appear:
1) wes doesnt figure out how to defeat IT so pennywise just eats him ez
2) wes figures out how to defeat IT but loses his mind or dies for wounds before defeating IT
3) wes figures out how to defeat IT and actually does (if some little kids could wes can) it but dies from terrobeaks after
4) wes figures out how to defeat IT and actually does while eating green mush

i vote for wes

I vote for tie. Wes pantomimes nuke, which IT turns real due to its power, and the whole constant explodes. 

Wes does have an upper hand though, because he is used to imagining objects. All he has to realize is that his pantomimes can hurt IT if he has the courage, like you said.

You guys should be excited for next year's Halloween event, it's guaranteed to be very high effort since I had a dream that they added an item called "Booth", or maybe it was "Boo-th". My dream ended before I saw any more of the event, but the last three times I had a prophetic dream they came true so this one is guaranteed 100% to be happening.

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

You guys should be excited for next year's Halloween event, it's guaranteed to be very high effort since I had a dream that they added an item called "Booth", or maybe it was "Boo-th". My dream ended before I saw any more of the event, but the last three times I had a prophetic dream they came true so this one is guaranteed 100% to be happening.

Halloween 2022, Klei starts selling Vtuber models of the DST characters on Booth.pm as streaming costumes.

2 hours ago, the_master01 said:

Is it possible to find celestial sanctum pieces in “caves off” worlds? (Without using console commands)

no, you can't.

It requires the astral detector from the archives, which also needs a gem from the reverse starcaller's staff in the ruins.

If you're able, you should always be able to activate caves, even in an already made world. (If you're the host.)

1 hour ago, HellHeater said:

wolfgang is better and more fun character now instead of strong boring guy 

stop arguing

Its interesting some people equate being strong at killing bosses to boring but standing still watching a character animate for 2 minutes before killing bosses is better and more fun.

3 hours ago, sudoku said:

Its interesting some people equate being strong at killing bosses to boring but standing still watching a character animate for 2 minutes before killing bosses is better and more fun.

That’s not how your supposed to play him.. might doesn’t go down while doing mighty actions, so just get yourself a boat, and a pinching winch and fish the useless stack of shell bells off the ocean floor and then carry it around as Wolfgang to prevent Mighty from going down.

7 hours ago, sudoku said:

Most people arguing for nerf don't even play him or are trying to push a personal agenda as I see it, seems selfish to me. 

Archived