For threads that don't deserve their own thread

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Choose 3 characters to protect you, the rest are trying to kill you. Who do you choose?

Wortox and wanda because they can teleport and get the jump on me, then walter because range.

the people after me have glorified porkchops as weapons, and i live in modern american society so i have guns.

it's not a really fair fight unless we are talking about what they might have.

but thats another can of worms.

5 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

DST only, or Hamlet & SW as well?

Sure, you can choose them too. 

You'll increase the number of people persuing you too though. Everyone not chosen from Hamlet will persue you, same if someone chosen from SW or both.

Because Woodlegs has a frickin pirate ship and wilba turns into a werewolf.

Wanda, Wortox, Wes.

Wanda to clone an infinite army of teleporting soul-stealing demons via staggered instances of time travel with short gaps in presence from what's actually a five minute span of time.

Wes to vibe and contemplate the meaning of life with.

I have a serious question that should be a thread but I also don’t feel like creating an entire thread for it: So this thread is the best place for it.

Why do people who say that I Main Wendy claim I have no say over how another character should play & feel? I’m not just talking about Wolfgang, I was met with this same criticism over Wigfrid, Wurt and When Wickers Rework happens: No doubt hers too.

Do these people just NOT play Apex Legends or Rogue Company?? You have to PLAY as your Enemy to understand and know what to watch out for and how to counter it..

For example if you see a Phantom on the Enemy team in Rogue Company and you’ve played the heck out of her before moving on to play some newly released character: You will always look around for the blinking motion detectors you yourself were cleverly hiding when you played phantom.

the SAME logic applies to Dont Starve Together: Unless your reading everything on a Wikipedia page you have to actually PLAY as the other characters you see running around in Multiplayer near you to know how they work and what they are capable of.

There is literally a “Random” button for character choice you can pick to be surprised at who you will be playing (great for when playing Wilderness Mode where dying immediately takes you to character select screen and skips becoming a ghost altogether)

24 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Wanda, Wortox, Wes.

Wanda to clone an infinite army of teleporting soul-stealing demons via staggered instances of time travel with short gaps in presence from what's actually a five minute span of time.

Wes to vibe and contemplate the meaning of life with.

Damn you broke the game xD

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do people who say that I Main Wendy claim I have no say over how another character should play & feel? I’m not just talking about Wolfgang, I was met with this same criticism over Wigfrid, Wurt and When Wickers Rework happens: No doubt hers too.

While I won't say that idea isn't unfounded, I do see where they are coming from. While anybody can play any character, to "Main" character means that you wither prefer the charcter over all others and have thus played with them more than the others. With this, their quirks and any blind spots become more apprenent as they are they more likely to get into situations that would expose them. For example, I main Maxwell, and anyone, you included, can see how their mechanics work on a basic level. However, with me playing him a lot more then the other characters, I have learned some of the (limited) tricks and mechanical "exploiting" that wouldn't be obvious such as using a specific puppet set up to make farm n. fuel and having puppets help with ocean activities as they ignore the water. With that experience, it becomes more easy to criticize or praise changes to a character as you have a better base to compare it to. Again, it's a bad argument, but is had a few kernels of truth in there.

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Do these people just NOT play Apex Legends or Rogue Company??

I feel like your argument would've been better just saying competitive multiplayer games rather then name dropping those two. Generalizing a general concept helps an argument as it allows you to point out out common examples from games without separating those who haven't played those games. Besides that, the same logic does apply as in the previous paragraph. Having a wide range of knowledge can help, but the time that people have put into playing their character does allow them to better spot little/huge difference based on changes.

17 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Choose 3 characters to protect you, the rest are trying to kill you. Who do you choose?

Wortox so anyone who's attacking me that dies gives him souls to heal us plus if we're going off lore powers rather than pure gameplay he can literally take their souls just by touching them.

Wigfrid for her battle prowess, cheap armor/weapons for team and for her healing song.

And either Wicker for Sleepy times, on tentacles and end is nigh or Wanda for crazy damage and team teleport.

Considered Wendy for Abigail AOE attacks but if Wendy drops so does Abi. Also considered Winona for catapults but they're stationary so if the battle ground moves they're useless.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

only if wearing rabbit earmuffs protects you from moose and bearger :).

was a joke but just when i wrote it i though that would be cool if the spiders gain pan flaute inmunity so you can put to sleep things but your spider army will remain awake (which is kinda dumb since the whistle wakes up them if im not wrong)

about the bosses, totally agree. I loved the use of the earmuffs to kill womant

15 minutes ago, Meneervis said:

imo she's the most unique OG character.

Definitely agree. Shes the first survivor to have her own crafting tab right? Her uniqueness was what attracted me to her when i first started playing DS/T. 

Im really curious to see what they have in store for her. Her books are fun and situationally powerful but i wouldnt say any of them break the game. They all have few uses (3 or 5) and need to be recrafted constantly and require a lot of sanity to use. 

I would like to see her insomniac and sensitive stomach downsides pumped up some more, or maybe an entirely new mechanic.

I recently thought of ‘negative sanity’ like when she uses books past 0 sanity she goes in the negative and possibly unlocks something crazy while having to deal with the constant nightmares. 

Id like for her to have a sanity mechanic that is on the same level as wormwood’s and wandas HP mechanics. 

3 minutes ago, Meneervis said:

Anyone else think Wickerbottom doesn't really need a rework? I think her playstyle fits in pretty well with what Klei is aiming for in these reworks, and imo she's the most unique OG character.

I agree she's fine the way she is but I wouldn't say no to a new book or two :) Maybe a book with an ocean theme to tie-in with the new ocean

32 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I would like to see her insomniac and sensitive stomach downsides pumped up some more, or maybe an entirely new mechanic.

I recently thought of ‘negative sanity’ like when she uses books past 0 sanity she goes in the negative and possibly unlocks something crazy while having to deal with the constant nightmares. 

Id like for her to have a sanity mechanic that is on the same level as wormwood’s and wandas HP mechanics. 

negative sanity sounds rad, I'd love for her to get an unique status bar like Wanda's age meter.

33 minutes ago, Mangrove said:

I agree she's fine the way she is but I wouldn't say no to a new book or two :) Maybe a book with an ocean theme to tie-in with the new ocean

Yeah books are pretty much what I'd expect from her eventual rework! Alongside a fiercer downside since she got off pretty easy with those.

i've had this on my mind for awhile and i just got to put it down somewhere.

i feel like someone else had a very similar idea somewhere, but i can't really check so:

I was wondering if for the WX rework, they could give them a "power direction" panel or something. Say you have 2 wires and you choose to power your torso with it, maybe it could make you more tanky, but less speedy or something. Leg's more speed, less armor etc. (maybe a button located near the self inspection button in your inventory)

Maybe if you get water in your system, it floods and starts disabling your ability to power that area (It's countered by using an umbrella helm and not drowning but it's the best i could think of, besides probably having a sanity penalty every time you reroute power of like deleting 20 san or something)

obviously it's not fully thought out and i'm not even sure if i'm unknowingly stealing an idea :lol: plus they need team perks yada yada.

could benefit from some ideas being thrown my way! :wilson_laugh:

4 hours ago, CatchySong said:

i've had this on my mind for awhile and i just got to put it down somewhere.

i feel like someone else had a very similar idea somewhere, but i can't really check so:

I was wondering if for the WX rework, they could give him a "power direction" panel or something. Say you have 2 wires and you choose to power your torso with it, maybe it could make you more tanky, but less speedy or something. Leg's more speed, less armor etc. (maybe a button located near the self inspection button in your inventory)

Maybe if you get water in your system, it floods and starts disabling your ability to power that area (It's countered by using an umbrella helm and not drowning but it's the best i could think of, besides probably having a sanity penalty every time you reroute power of like deleting 20 san or something)

obviously it's not fully thought out and i'm not even sure if i'm unknowingly stealing an idea :lol: plus he needs team perks yada yada.

could benefit from some ideas being thrown my way! :wilson_laugh:

I had an idea like that a long time ago, but I doubt you got it from me.

The premise was that they could reroute their energy from being overcharged and increase the potency of 1 of the 3 side effects of being overcharged.

I had fancy names but I forgot them all, it was like reroute to thermal something yadda yadda.

Anyways one increased their temperature to the point where they became a heat source to others at the cost of their speed and light radius.

One increased their light to where their eyes became long range cones of light like the headlights on a car at the cost of winter immunity and speed.

One increased all their movement like mining, chopping, hammering and attacking but depleted a lot faster at the cost of their light radius and winter immunity. 

I don't think the last one is good anymore so I'd just make it so they could get charged via kinetic energy so that actions (mining, fighting, etc) could cause short bursts of overcharged without the need of lightning, at the cost of the other two thing of course. 

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I'd just make it so he could get charged via kinetic energy so that actions (mining, fighting, etc) could cause short bursts of overcharged without the need of lightning, at the cost of the other two thing of course. 

This. I was thinking that "maybe if they were overcharged, they could do it without a 30 20 whatever sanity penalty, but i thought that since overcharged is so hard to get alone, it wouldn't be worth it, but this fixes it! :wilson_ecstatic:

47 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

If I was Klei I would give Wolf back his speed and then remove it on April 1st. 

Then keep adding it and removing it every April 1st lol. 

I want to see the World burn.

You Sir or Madam are pure evil.. 

Also: Speed on Wolfgang ALONE by himself isn’t too bad.. Wolfgang speed+ Path Speed + Walking Cane Speed = Unless your playing as Wolfgang.. Tough luck staying caught up SUCKER! 

It would be better if every April 1st Wes got his Balloon Battle Mech and it was the most OP thing in the entire game.. :) 

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

You Sir or Madam are pure evil.. 

Also: Speed on Wolfgang ALONE by himself isn’t too bad.. Wolfgang speed+ Path Speed + Walking Cane Speed = Unless your playing as Wolfgang.. Tough luck staying caught up SUCKER! 

It would be better if every April 1st Wes got his Balloon Battle Mech and it was the most OP thing in the entire game.. :) 

I'm a broski

4 hours ago, CatchySong said:

We have 24 hours before the angry wolfgang mains storm the forums and crash them.

For most men, no time at all.

We are not most men. We are forumites! (forum users who play fortnite jk)

We have the memes, the hot takes, to make these hours count!

The clock, is ticking, gentlemen.

Let's begin.

2127221265_Wehave24hourstolive.thumb.png.1826ee2fc84e8594e5e419dbe0e7b4e8.png

Add me to the Mimi 

I want to join the army 

Archived